Qiblae Awwal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrusarif

Salamun alaikum,

We the muslims claim that Baitul Muqaddas is our 1st Qibla. Can anyone tell me when it was devised? Which Nabi A.S. has proposed it as Qibla? Does any revelated book e.g. Holly Quran, Tora, Injeel or Zaboor has any reference in this regard?

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun alaikum,

We the muslims claim that Baitul Muqaddas is our 1st Qibla. Can anyone tell me when it was devised? Which Nabi A.S. has proposed it as Qibla? Does any revelated book e.g. Holly Quran, Tora, Injeel or Zaboor has any reference in this regard?

Salaam Alikom

In Surrah Al-Baqara v.143, we read:

"The fools among the people will say: "What has turned them from the Qiblah to which they were used?" Say: To Allah belong both East and West; He guides whom He pleases to a Way that is straight. "

Which Qiblah the Muslim use to pray to before Makkah ? The prophet peace be up on him did not start praying to Jerusalem by him self unless he was guided and ordered by Allah S.W T .!!! ???

Imam Al-Bukhari reported from the narration of Al-Bara’ (may Allah be pleased with him) that, “Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) performed Prayer while facing Jerusalem for sixteen or seventeen months. But he (peace and blessings be upon him) wished that he would face the Ka`bah. When Allah commanded him to face the Ka`bah, the first Prayer he performed facing the new qiblah was an `Asr (Afternoon) Prayer, which he prayed in congregation. Then, a man from those who performed this Prayer with him left and passed by some people praying in the mosque, who were bowing at that moment.

This verse refers to that historic event, when just over 16 months after Hijra, a revelation came, changing the Qibla from Masjid Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem to the Bait-Allah, the House of Allah in Makka,. The change of Qiblah was a very significant move. Jerusalem, as we all know, is a city of great importance to Muslims, Jews and Christians. By facing Jerusalem as the first Qiblah, the young Muslim Ummah linked itself with the long series of prophets that included Nabi Ibrahim and Nabi Isa.

By turning towards Makka as the new Qiblah, the Muslims could assert themselves as a new nation with its own distinct centre, and still be linked to the most ancient prophetic traditions. It was of course, in Makka that the first House of Worship was built by Nabi Ibrahim. Makka was also the city which from which many were exiled because of their faith. If we look at Makka on the map of the world, we will see that it is situated in a central position, on the Arabian Peninsula, which itself lies midway between Africa, Asia and Europe. It is at the crossroads of major continents, and also of great civilisations

Another important result of this change of Qiblah from Jerusalem to Makka, was that it became a great test of faith, to separate the true believers from those whose loyalties were really outside the Muslim community.

"We see the turning of your face (for guidance) to the heavens; now shall We turn you to a Qiblah that will please you. Turn then your face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque; wherever you are, turn your faces in that direction. The people of the book know well that that is the truth from their Lord. Nor is Allلh unmindful of what they do."

So where do you think the prophet peace be up on him used to face to pray before he was guided to face to Ka'bah???

wa salaam
Reference: islamonline.net
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/

cyrusarif

In Surrah Al-Baqara v.143, we read:

"The fools among the people will say: "What has turned them from the Qiblah to which they were used?" Say: To Allah belong both East and West; He guides whom He pleases to a Way that is straight. "

Which Qiblah the Muslim use to pray to before Makkah ? The prophet peace be up on him did not start praying to Jerusalem by him self unless he was guided and ordered by Allah S.W T .!!! ???

I have just asked that 'when Baitul Muqaddas was designated as qibla and in which Nabi Alehis salam's tenore it was announced by Allah S.W.T. to face towards it for the purpose of salat and other relegious performances'

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

Yeah, seems the brother did not understand the question :) No Problem..

I do not know when it was changed, you will need to ask a Muslim Scholar who has knowledge of the Quran and when the verses and Surahs were revealed.

This is the verse from Quran about the changing of Qiblah:

“Verily, We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad’s) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction”
[al-Baqarah 2:144]

It (al-Quds) was the first qiblah of the Muslims, as was reported by al-Baraa’ (may Allaah be pleased with him): the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed in the direction of Bayt al-Maqdis for sixteen or seventeen months. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 41 – this version was narrated by him – and by Muslim, 525).

wasalam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
I have just asked that 'when Baitul Muqaddas was designated as qibla and in which Nabi Alehis salam's tenore it was announced by Allah S.W.T. to face towards it for the purpose of salat and other relegious performances'

Wa salaam

Brother, The verses wasnt meant for you it was verse when the non muslim started asking why they changed the Qiblah,

I am sorry for missunderstanding.:)

cyrusarif

This is the verse from Quran about the changing of Qiblah:

“Verily, We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad’s) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction”
[al-Baqarah 2:144]

Salamun Alaikum,

The 'understanding' of the ayat leads to think that The Prophet s.a.w.a.w. disliked the qibla which was chosen by Almighty Allah for him and He (Prophet s.a.w.a.w.) liked the Baitul Haram to be designated as qibla. Can we as a true muslim beleive on it?

It (al-Quds) was the first qiblah of the Muslims, as was reported by al-Baraa’ (may Allaah be pleased with him): the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed in the direction of Bayt al-Maqdis for sixteen or seventeen months. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 41 – this version was narrated by him – and by Muslim, 525).

This narration shows that Prophet s.a.w.a.w has prayed for 16 or 17 months facing baitul muqadas. what about his (Prophet s.a.w.a.w) prayers before those 16 or 17 months. where did he face before Hijrah for prayers?

Regards
Cyrus

cyrusarif

Salamun Alaikum,

Brother I am just a muslim without any doubt. I have not labled myself with sects I have curiosity to know the facts and I dont hesitate to learn and have courage to accept the facts whatsoever may be against my believes.

I pray may God Almighty widen your hearts and grant you the courage to accept the facts.

Regards
CyrusArif

Abu.Amirah

Ya Allah guide us the right way and give us knowledge so that we become closer to you and protect us from those who want to mislead us.Amin!

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun Alaikum,

The 'understanding' of the ayat leads to think that The Prophet s.a.w.a.w. disliked the qibla which was chosen by Almighty Allah for him and He (Prophet s.a.w.a.w.) liked the Baitul Haram to be designated as qibla. Can we as a true muslim beleive on it?

This narration shows that Prophet s.a.w.a.w has prayed for 16 or 17 months facing baitul muqadas. what about his (Prophet s.a.w.a.w) prayers before those 16 or 17 months. where did he face before Hijrah for prayers?

Regards
Cyrus

salaam alikom Brother

With all Respect can I ask you how it would effect your Iman or our Ibadaat (worshipping Allah), the prophet peace be up on him thaught us a way to follow which his Sunnah and the Quran, people go beyond the sunnah and Quran and start asking question which in no way can increase our iman, an example where did he face before Hijrah for prayers? is this going to effect your Salaah or prayer in any way?

How did you understand the ayat and end up to the conclusion that the prophet peace be up on him disliked something was chosen by Allah... What you trying to say here . ..and at the end you saying as Muslim could we believe on it?? Non of the companion of the prophet peace be up on him has the right to object on a matter choosen be Allah and his prophet peace be up on him ...
then you ask
Could we believe in something chosen by Allah and his Prophet peace be up on him... subhaaaan Allah

and by the way there isnt in Islam any thing which go against the Facts. if you trying to show there are things wrong in Islam ...then as an Advise ..if you really seeking knowledge seek knowledge in Sunnah and Quran... and leave questions like these which has no benifit to you or to any ones Iman..
Wa Allah A3lam

salaam alikom

cyrusarif

Salamun Alaikum

I advise you brother to read again and again what I have posted and then comment on it. your objections are ambigous and irrelevant.
Furhter, can you tell me the meanings of sura Aale Imran verse 96:
إِنَّ أَوَّلَ بَيْتٍ وُضِعَ لِلنَّاسِ لَلَّذِي بِبَكَّةَ مُبَارَكًا وَهُدًى لِّلْعَالَمِينَ {96
Iltemase Dua
Cyrus

afnan

:bismillah:
:salam2:
our youth nowadys is crazy after video games and the stuff like that . it is haram in itself ,but i want to draw your attention to some hidden signs and its aftermath effect.
1:you closely observe each and every game ,you will find EYE only ONE EYE which is the sign of dajjal .
2: you will find massacre ,deterioration,killing,abusing and agitation ,again it is the sign of dajjal's system.
3:in the 3rd part of HARRY POTTER ,you will see a man cladded in muslim dress wearing turban and gown as HARRY's teacher ,but you be astonished to see him turning into a villain at the end of the game.
4: in DRIVER3 you will hear athan with background music.
a delibrate reasarch is neede ragarding this issue .
we can dissuade our youth from playing such games but firm support is needed.
it is time wasting but its psychological effects are far more worse than that.
find out more abt zionism on HARUN YAHYA website.
its psychological impact:
1: it is preparing ground for dajjal's arrival,
2: it is extracting sympathy,tenderness;turning them into beasts, young children employ game action in thier practical life.
3:if we see "six corner star" that much frequently in games, we will no more feel hatred against it.
i retreat ,DO NOT ALLOW YOUR YOUNG ONES TO PLAY SUCH GAME .
KEEP CONSTANT CHECK ON THEM.
in my neighborhood , a lad of 13 years killed his younger sister. he cut away her head with kitchen knife simulating one of the game heros .
isn't it horrible?

ashah

:salam2:
I am totally agree with Mrmuslim.
Question for Cyrusarif: what is the purpose of your life?

To find out which direction did prophet Adam, Moses [pbuh] face for prayers? / And thinking of questions that not gonna help you to increase your Eman.
or
Seek forgiveness from Allah by doing his Dhikr

Please recite this every day to avoid shaiytan.
"
Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,

2. The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,

3. The Allah (for judge) of Mankind,-

4. From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),-

5. (The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-

6. Among Jinns and among men.
"

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun Alaikum

I advise you brother to read again and again what I have posted and then comment on it. your objections are ambigous and irrelevant.
Furhter, can you tell me the meanings of sura Aale Imran verse 96:
إِنَّ أَوَّلَ بَيْتٍ وُضِعَ لِلنَّاسِ لَلَّذِي بِبَكَّةَ مُبَارَكًا وَهُدًى لِّلْعَالَمِينَ {96
Iltemase Dua
Cyrus

I would prefer if you take this Question to your Imam or a well know shiekh.

Wa salaam:D

cyrusarif

Question for Cyrusarif: what is the purpose of your life?

Salamun Alaikum

Brother I think the purpose of our life is to seek knowledge that leads to understand the will of God Almighty. This is in fact the ‘Ibadat’. And for us, as a Muslim, The parameters of correctness of the knowledge is Quran first and then the Hadees. Quraan is the final and absolute verdict and so the Hadees, if it is not in contradiction with Quraan. I have absolute faith that Rasool-Allah s.a.w.a.w has never said a single word in contradiction to Quraan but it is the people who have quoted the narrations to his (s.a.w.a.w) attribute. That is why, Rasool-Allah s.a.w.a.w. himself instructed the followers to compare the sayings attributed to him with the verses of Quraan and he s.a.w.a.w further said that if these are in agreement with the Quraan then adopt them otherwise throw them against the wall. So if I find any thing in contradiction with Quraan I have to investigate, analyse and then adopt or reject the same whatsoever it may have the chain of narrators.

One more thing, a very common misconception among the Muslims that Quraan is a very complicated document and one cannot understand it by himself and just to avoid the responsibility of understanding the same (which is a compulsory duty of every person) they put it on the shoulders of scholars and ulemas. Whereas Quraan itself repeatedly announce that it is made easy for those who seek understanding. Refer Maryam (19) 97, Ad-Dukhan (44) 58, Al-Qamar (54) 17,22,32,40. Do you think these ulemas will save you on the Day of Judgment when Allah s.w.t will question you why you did not adhere to his instructions? So be ware that at that time if you would say that we have followed to these so called leaders, He s.w.t. may tell you twice is the punishment to you and to your leaders also. Read sura Al-Ahzaab 67&68 abd Sura Al-Aaraaf 38.
وَقَالُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّا أَطَعْنَا سَادَتَنَا وَكُبَرَاءنَا فَأَضَلُّونَا السَّبِيلَا {67}
33:67] And they shall say: O our Lord! surely we obeyed our leaders and our great men, so they led us astray from the path;

رَبَّنَا آتِهِمْ ضِعْفَيْنِ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ وَالْعَنْهُمْ لَعْنًا كَبِيرًا {68}
33:68] O our Lord! give them a double punishment and curse them with a great curse.

قَالَ ادْخُلُواْ فِي أُمَمٍ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِكُم مِّن الْجِنِّ وَالإِنسِ فِي النَّارِ كُلَّمَا دَخَلَتْ أُمَّةٌ لَّعَنَتْ أُخْتَهَا حَتَّى إِذَا ادَّارَكُواْ فِيهَا جَمِيعًا قَالَتْ أُخْرَاهُمْ لأُولاَهُمْ رَبَّنَا هَـؤُلاء أَضَلُّونَا فَآتِهِمْ عَذَابًا ضِعْفًا مِّنَ النَّارِ قَالَ لِكُلٍّ ضِعْفٌ وَلَـكِن لاَّ تَعْلَمُونَ {38}
7:38] He will say: Enter into fire among the nations that have passed away before you from among jinn and men; whenever a nation shall enter, it shall curse its sister, until when they have all come up with one another into it; the last of them shall say with regard to the foremost of them: Our Lord! these led us astray therefore give them a double chastisement of the fire. He will say: Every one shall have double but you do not know.

So it is our own responsibility rather duty to seek the truth.

Iltemase Dua
Cyrus

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun Alaikum

Brother I think the purpose of our life is to seek knowledge that leads to understand the will of God Almighty. This is in fact the ‘Ibadat’. And for us, as a Muslim, The parameters of correctness of the knowledge is Quran first and then the Hadees. Quraan is the final and absolute verdict and so the Hadees, if it is not in contradiction with Quraan. I have absolute faith that Rasool-Allah s.a.w.a.w has never said a single word in contradiction to Quraan but it is the people who have quoted the narrations to his (s.a.w.a.w) attribute. That is why, Rasool-Allah s.a.w.a.w. himself instructed the followers to compare the sayings attributed to him with the verses of Quraan and he s.a.w.a.w further said that if these are in agreement with the Quraan then adopt them otherwise throw them against the wall. So if I find any thing in contradiction with Quraan I have to investigate, analyse and then adopt or reject the same whatsoever it may have the chain of narrators.

salaaam alikom
Well with all respect to you the prophet peace be upon him never said what you just said ....Do you think the companion would compare the saying of the prophet peace be up on him with Quran... ??? Allah portected him from saying or doing anything wrong.. beside The hadith and the order of the prophet peace be up on him are from Allah and the prophet peace be up on him Said them with Words and IN NO WAY they can go against what is in Quran...

IN ALL OF YOUR DISCCUSSION I see more tries to find things against Quran rather than proving something. you never take a Hadith as evidence. you trying to create missunderstanding in the mind of people who are new to Islam...

.. any way I will just reminde you and my self with ...

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم: " ...فإنه من يعش منكم بعدي فسيرى اختلافا كثيرا فعليكم بستني و سنة الخلفاء الراشدين المهديين ، تمسكوا بها و عضو عليها بالنواجذ و إياكم و محدثات الأمور؛ فإن كل محدثة بدعة و كل بدعة ضلالة". (رواه أبو داوود و الترمذي و قال حسن صحيح)

قال تعالى : " ومااتاكم الرسول فخذوه ومانهاكم عنه فانتهوا " . صدق الله العظيم

I hope you understand arabic if not let me know i will post it in english for you.

wa salaam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun Alaikum,

Brother I am just a muslim without any doubt. I have not labled myself with sects I have curiosity to know the facts and I dont hesitate to learn and have courage to accept the facts whatsoever may be against my believes.

I pray may God Almighty widen your hearts and grant you the courage to accept the facts.

Regards
CyrusArif
facts whatsoever may be against my believes
salaam alikom
hmmm ! trying to really understand... FACT against what the Quran or Hadith? Facts that there is doubt in Quran ? or in what th Prophet peace be up on him said ? or Fact that you trying to find something wrong with Quran? :astag: Or which facts you talking about...? please explain to me I might be dump enough that i am not following your FACTS ...... Facts ABOUT What?

NOTE: I am not a dump :)biggrin: :bananabb2in:
wa salaam

cyrusarif

salaam alikom
hmmm ! trying to really understand... FACT against what the Quran or Hadith? Facts that there is doubt in Quran ? or in what th Prophet peace be up on him said ? or Fact that you trying to find something wrong with Quran? Or which facts you talking about...? please explain to me I might be dump enough that i am not following your FACTS ...... Facts ABOUT What?

NOTE: I am not a dump (

Salamun Alaikum

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اجْتَنِبُوا كَثِيراً مِّنَ الظَّنِّ إِنَّ بَعْضَ الظَّنِّ إِثْمٌ وَلَا تَجَسَّسُوا وَلَا يَغْتَب بَّعْضُكُم بَعْضًا أَيُحِبُّ أَحَدُكُمْ أَن يَأْكُلَ لَحْمَ أَخِيهِ مَيْتًا فَكَرِهْتُمُوهُ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَوَّابٌ رَّحِيمٌ {12}
[Pickthal 49:12] O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Ye abhor that (so abhor the other)! And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.

وَمَا يَتَّبِعُ أَكْثَرُهُمْ إِلاَّ ظَنًّا إَنَّ الظَّنَّ لاَ يُغْنِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ شَيْئًا إِنَّ اللّهَ عَلَيمٌ بِمَا يَفْعَلُونَ {36}
[Pickthal 10:36] Most of them follow not but conjecture. Assuredly conjecture can by no means take the place of truth. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do.

وَمَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَإِنَّ الظَّنَّ لَا يُغْنِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ شَيْئًا {28}
[Pickthal 53:28] And they have no knowledge thereof. They follow but a guess, and lo! a guess can never take the place of the truth.

Iltemase Dua

Status
Not open for further replies.