Question about fast and wudu

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Salam Alaikum

Yes, smoking invalidates the fast but No the wudoo is not broken and does not have to be repeated. The smoking invalidates the fast because smoke contains particles that are inhaled are ingested reaching to the stomach. When fasting nothing should go into the stomach if it does that is not considered fasting.

Salam Amirah80

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo Alaikom :)

Does smoking break one’s wudoo’?
What is the Islamic ruling on the one who sells various kinds of tobacco? I smoke, and when I hear the adhaan, I go to the mosque. Do I have to repeat my wudoo’, or is it sufficient just to rinse my mouth? I know that smoking causes various diseases.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is forbidden to sell tobacco because of its evil nature and its many harmful effects. The one who does that is considered to be a faasiq (evildoer). You do not have to repeat your wudoo’ after smoking, but you should remove the offensive odour from your mouth with something that will take it away. It is also obligatory to hasten to repent to Allaah from that.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 13/57
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/6679/smoking

AhmedGabriel

Salaamu akeikum! I m fasting the 6 days after the month of Ramadhan and today i ve broken my fast and having the feeling that as i checked in the morning i was suposed to break the fast at 18:06 but after checking the time table it was at 18:07 you think brothers my day of fasting it does count or not?

AbdurRaheem

Salaamu akeikum! I m fasting the 6 days after the month of Ramadhan and today i ve broken my fast and having the feeling that as i checked in the morning i was suposed to break the fast at 18:06 but after checking the time table it was at 18:07 you think brothers my day of fasting it does count or not?

Wa alayka assalam wa rahmatullah !

Bismillah

Allahu alaam akhi, first of all im a brother with not much knowledge but the best thing is that at Maghrib prayer dont follow a time table , check if the sun has set so you only see the "red-ness" on the sky and no sun is showing, And on the other prayers it's best to wait 5-10 or even 15 minutes after that the time table say the time for the prayer has come.i know it's good to break the fast as soon as you can, but have in mind it's better to wait 5min extra then to break it before the time has come, Wa Allahu alaam !
May Allah accept your fast since your niyyah was good, but in the future check the sun ! Salam alayka