Question about Hajj

aliff

A friend of my cousin asked questions regarding Hajj..

She wants to go to Hajj next year, but she wants to know:

1. Can 2 girls go to Hajj alone ??

2. If only girls are not allowed to go to Hajj alone, then she plans to go to Hajj with her friends family.. is that allowed ?

3. Is it mandatory to go by our own income, or can ur parents finance you to go to hajj and will that be counted as Farj Hajj. ?? (I myself went to hajj from my parents finance sometime ago, and i was told that your parents can finance you to go to hajj .. but i just want to double-check about it)

wassalam :)

basheerpkm

trying to be Mu'min
Hi,this may help you ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.) A lady wants to perform Hajj but her husband is reluctant to accompany her. She does not have any Mahram. Is there any way she can perform Hajj? Give examples from Qur'an and Sunnah for our knowledge. [Qamar Zia Zuberi]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.) If the lady in reference is a Hanafi, she has to be accompanied by her Mahram to perform Hajj. Her husband should be advised to assist his wife in fulfilling her Hajj. It is recorded in Tirmidhi that one Sahaabi, Radi-Allahu anhu, enquired from Rasulullah about joining the Jihaad or serving as a Mahram for his wife for Hajj. Rasulullah advised him to leave Jihaad and given preference to joining his wife for Hajj. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Source: http://www.albalagh.net/cgi-bin/search/search.pl

Qaabila

:salam2:

Saudi Arabia doesn't even give hajj visas to young women travelling without mahrams.. this quote is from SaudiEmbassy.net:

All ladies are required to travel for Hajj with a Mahram. Proof of kinship must be submitted with the application form. Any lady over the age of forty-five (45) may travel without a Mahram with an organized group, provided she submits a letter of no objection from her husband, son or brother authorizing her to travel for Hajj with the named group. This letter should be notarized.

The obligation of hajj is lifted from a sister is she does not have a mahram to go with her..

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas said:

It is established in sharee’ah that it is haraam for a woman to travel without a mahram, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, according to the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.” Narrated by Ahmad, al-Bukhaari and Muslim. And it was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say when he was delivering a khutbah: “No man should be alone with a woman unless she has a mahram present, and no woman should travel except with a mahram.” A man stood up and said: My wife has gone out for Hajj and I have enlisted for such and such a campaign. He said: “Go and do Hajj with your wife.” Narrated by Ahmad, al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

A woman is forbidden to undertake any kind of travel, unless she has a mahram with her to protect her and look after her. The mahram is her husband, or one to whom marriage is permanently forbidden because of blood ties, breastfeeding or ties through marriage, such as her father, son, brother, brother’s son (nephew), paternal uncle, maternal uncle, father in law, husband’s son, her son through breastfeeding, her brother through breastfeeding, and so on. This applies whether the woman is young or old, whether she is alone or with other women. A group of women is not sufficient in place of a mahram, because of the general meaning of the ahaadeeth, and because the reason (for her not to travel alone) is still there.

What women and their guardians have to do is fear Allaah and obey the commands of Allaah and His Messenger, and refrain from that which has been forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger, especially when it comes to preserving modesty and chastity and avoiding everything that may lead to evil and corruption. It is not permissible to allow desires for worldly gain to make them negligent with regard to this matter.

Hence it is not permissible for a woman to travel to perform the obligatory Hajj without a mahram, and those who are in charge of Hajj trips should not allow that, so as to avoid the sin of falling into something that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade, and so as to close the door to evil and corruption. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka‘bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allaah, those who can afford the expenses (for one’s conveyance, provision and residence)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:97]

One of the conditions of a woman being able to do Hajj is that she should have a mahram who agrees to make himself available to travel with her, and Allaah does not burden any soul beyond its scope.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (17/334-336)