Question about hidayah (guidance) .. Pls help me understand

Amirul32

Assalamualaikum ..

Islam is beautiful, logical and easy to understand. However there is something that bothering me (that I cant understand) hopefully any wise brothers or sisters can provide an explanation.

But before that I would like to apologize if my question is a bit sensitive or sounds rough. I believe we need to clear all doubts and that is why I am asking this question to learn more and build my faith.

Whomsoever Allâh sends astray, none can guide him; and He lets them wander blindly in their transgressions. (7:186)

Allah says only those that he guides will not go ashtray. From this statement i think i can assume that those who are not muslim do not receive guidance from Allah. My question is.

1) Those infidels will be burned in hellfire after the day of judgement. But does it sound not fair to them because Allah choose not to give them hidayah? I remember a story told to me by an imam in a mosque. He met a western guy which is a phd scholar in Islam and this scholar knows very deep about Islam and his level of knowledge is the same as a mufti. Although he knows well and very well learned about Islam, but he remains infidel until he died because Allah does not grant him hidayah. Seems like it is not fair to him because Allah decides that for him.

2) What about some people which all their life are doing good deeds and dedicated their life to help people. Some tried to find truth in life but died not embracing Islam. Some of them even become priest, or minister or whatever religion it is. They do not embrace Islam because Allah decided they will not receive hidayah from him? Will they go to hell? I have a few friends which are not muslim and there are truly remarkable people in a sense doing good deeds and very kind. Although I tried to do dawah to them they didnt get the hidayah. I guess it is sad to think all these good people will be burned in hellfire after they die just because Allah decides they will not get his hidayah. Hell is for eternity not for hundreds of years or million of years but eternity.

3) What about Mahatma Gandhi who has helped millions of people and had said nice words about prophet Mohammed s.a.w, but he was borne as a Hindu, studied many religions and died as a Hindu. Does he go to hell also because he didnt get the hidayah?

I know some people might answer Allah knows best and He will decide who will go to heaven and who will go to hell lets leave it to Him. But I just feel that answer alone is not convincing to me because Allah also says whoever that do not worship him will be burned in hellfire. But at the same time He says only those that he chose will get the guidance. Sounds like it is contradicting : like He already decided who will go to hell and heaven.

Again I apologise if my question sounds dumb only reason Im asking is to strengthen my faith I do believe Islam do have answer to everything.

a_stranger

Islam teaches us that one of the attributes of Allah swt is The just (Absolute justice) so when we know that Allah swt will never opress or do any unjustice to any human then we don`t need to worry .....no one will be wronged : if you study Quran with open heart , you will find out that our Lord is with perfect justice and wide mercy .....It is our duty to convey the message only not to judge others. When Allah swt guide someone or misguide others it is all done with complete wisdom and justice . I am sure no one who asks for guidance with sincerity will be misguided.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalamualaikum ..

Islam is beautiful, logical and easy to understand. However there is something that bothering me (that I cant understand) hopefully any wise brothers or sisters can provide an explanation.

But before that I would like to apologize if my question is a bit sensitive or sounds rough. I believe we need to clear all doubts and that is why I am asking this question to learn more and build my faith.

Whomsoever Allâh sends astray, none can guide him; and He lets them wander blindly in their transgressions. (7:186)

Allah says only those that he guides will not go ashtray. From this statement i think i can assume that those who are not muslim do not receive guidance from Allah. My question is.

1) Those infidels will be burned in hellfire after the day of judgement. But does it sound not fair to them because Allah choose not to give them hidayah? I remember a story told to me by an imam in a mosque. He met a western guy which is a phd scholar in Islam and this scholar knows very deep about Islam and his level of knowledge is the same as a mufti. Although he knows well and very well learned about Islam, but he remains infidel until he died because Allah does not grant him hidayah. Seems like it is not fair to him because Allah decides that for him.

2) What about some people which all their life are doing good deeds and dedicated their life to help people. Some tried to find truth in life but died not embracing Islam. Some of them even become priest, or minister or whatever religion it is. They do not embrace Islam because Allah decided they will not receive hidayah from him? Will they go to hell? I have a few friends which are not muslim and there are truly remarkable people in a sense doing good deeds and very kind. Although I tried to do dawah to them they didnt get the hidayah. I guess it is sad to think all these good people will be burned in hellfire after they die just because Allah decides they will not get his hidayah. Hell is for eternity not for hundreds of years or million of years but eternity.

3) What about Mahatma Gandhi who has helped millions of people and had said nice words about prophet Mohammed s.a.w, but he was borne as a Hindu, studied many religions and died as a Hindu. Does he go to hell also because he didnt get the hidayah?

I know some people might answer Allah knows best and He will decide who will go to heaven and who will go to hell lets leave it to Him. But I just feel that answer alone is not convincing to me because Allah also says whoever that do not worship him will be burned in hellfire. But at the same time He says only those that he chose will get the guidance. Sounds like it is contradicting : like He already decided who will go to hell and heaven.

Again I apologise if my question sounds dumb only reason Im asking is to strengthen my faith I do believe Islam do have answer to everything.

wa'alaikumussalam wrahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Alhamdhulillah. Wassalaatu Wassalamu 'Ala Rasoolihil Ameen. Wa 'Ala Aalihi Wa Ashaabihee Ajma'een.

First before saying anything regarding your questions, please highlight that I am not a scholar in Islam.

I would like to advice you to ask a scholar about those questions since they are actually critical where people like me cannot answer.

Rather than giving an answer for the questions, I will try to mention few things which we need to think about.

1) Abu Talib (uncle of Rasoolullah (saw)) has not only said good and nice words about him (saw). However, he helped the prophet by means of food, clothes, shelter etc. But still, he is not considered as a Muslim because he refused to say Laailaaha Illallahu Muhammadhurrasoolullah. Rasoolullah (saw) called him to Islam in the last moment of his life also. However, he did not said Shahadha but said to let him die in the religion of his ancestors. So let us ask this question to ourselves. Is Mahathma Ghandhi more dearer to Rasoolullah (saw) or Abu Talib?

2) Hidhayah is from Allah (swt). We humans are different from all other Makhlooqaat in the whole universe. We are blessed by a brain by which we can choose a way to go forward, either Haqq (Truth) or Falsehood. Both of them are clearly mentioned and signs are clearly shown. It is up to us to choose one way. Remember there is no 3rd way. Only 2. Allah (swt) gives Hidhayah to those who seek for it with a true heart, open mind and sincerity.

O Allah! Make us among those who are succeeded and keep us strong on your Religion. Give Hidhayah to those who seek it and grant us Jannah.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

Amirul32

thanks to all brothers that reply

brother ayman1 says:

"As for the non-Muslims who have done a great deal of good, rest assured that God is fair and merciful. He says in the holy Quran, "And whatever good they do they will not be denied it!" (3:115)"

does this mean even non muslim can go to heaven?

to brother IbnAdam77:

Mahatma Gandhis is just one example that i use to explain my question, you are right Abu Talib is also one of them who did not receive the hidayah

i agree with you that Allah (swt) gives Hidhayah to those who seek for it with a true heart, open mind and sincerity. but at the same time there are people born in an environment that does not allow them to have the luxury of this (to search for truth) for example in north korea a communist country they are opressed i guess many havent met even a muslim, will all of these that die not in islam will go to hellfire? another example somebody that is borned in a country where moslem is less then 5% all over his life his family is a strong believer in other religion and he does good deeds etc, never come across any muslim giving dawah to see and his mind is clouded with his religion because that is what he got from his ancestors (in fact many people in non muslim countries are like this) i can give many examples but i think u guys get my point, so these kind of people what will happen to them also

not that im arguing Allah's will i have no doubt that He is all just i just want to have a clear picture what will happen to those people that do not receive the blessings from Allah , i would like to know whether this topic is mentioned in quran, hadith or ever discussed by islamic scholars

i lived in few countries before know a lot great people some even close to me like my own family i just have this curiosity to know what will happen to them thats does not receive the blessing of Allah's hidayah until they die, thats all.. (same like some of us wish that if we are blessed with jannah i'nsyaallah we hope that Allah will grant us together with the people that we love like our wife, husband etc)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
thanks to all brothers that reply

brother ayman1 says:

"As for the non-Muslims who have done a great deal of good, rest assured that God is fair and merciful. He says in the holy Quran, "And whatever good they do they will not be denied it!" (3:115)"

does this mean even non muslim can go to heaven?

to brother IbnAdam77:

Mahatma Gandhis is just one example that i use to explain my question, you are right Abu Talib is also one of them who did not receive the hidayah

i agree with you that Allah (swt) gives Hidhayah to those who seek for it with a true heart, open mind and sincerity. but at the same time there are people born in an environment that does not allow them to have the luxury of this (to search for truth) for example in north korea a communist country they are opressed i guess many havent met even a muslim, will all of these that die not in islam will go to hellfire? another example somebody that is borned in a country where moslem is less then 5% all over his life his family is a strong believer in other religion and he does good deeds etc, never come across any muslim giving dawah to see and his mind is clouded with his religion because that is what he got from his ancestors (in fact many people in non muslim countries are like this) i can give many examples but i think u guys get my point, so these kind of people what will happen to them also

not that im arguing Allah's will i have no doubt that He is all just i just want to have a clear picture what will happen to those people that do not receive the blessings from Allah , i would like to know whether this topic is mentioned in quran, hadith or ever discussed by islamic scholars

i lived in few countries before know a lot great people some even close to me like my own family i just have this curiosity to know what will happen to them thats does not receive the blessing of Allah's hidayah until they die, thats all.. (same like some of us wish that if we are blessed with jannah i'nsyaallah we hope that Allah will grant us together with the people that we love like our wife, husband etc)

:salam2:

Yes this is not a new topic in Islam brother. Since it is a critical topic, my advice is to reach a scolar about this. They can answer. May be you can ask these questions in www.islam-qa.com also. Brother we are having only a very small amount of knowledge compared to 'Ulama. Surely this is also mentioned in Quran, the book in which Allah (swt) did not left anything unmentioned. So go for it.

May Allah(swt) help you in improving your eeman and grant you Jannathul Firdaus.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

sal12

I was told by a friend that Allah gives different signs to non-muslims, even those that do not seem to be fully aware of Islam are given signs about it and if they choose to ignore those signs then Allah will misguide them as He has tried to bring them towards Him but they were too stubborn. I don't know if this is true though!