Question about Qiblah/Kabba

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: brothers/sisters
its me again lol
anywayz a non-muslim possed this question why do muslims face the kabba?arent you just workshipping a black box? whats the difference why cant you face anywhere and Allah (swt) will still listen to you?
i did tell the person about unity with family kaba and the significance it has with the prophets but the person ask why do you circle it and make it such a holy place and then he said about the black stone that you could also be just praying to that stone, and during Hajj ppl try to touch it and kiss it WHY? its a rock and i told the hadeeth that One of the caliph said that im only doing it cuz Prophet (PBUH) did it otherwise it is just a rock
but the person said Why do you do something that Prophet (PBUH) did what significance does it have?
please help
thank you

helpinghumanity

:salam2:

In dealing with the non Muslim questions, i would suggest you to listen to DR ZAKIR NAIK.

THE ANSWER OF THE ABOVE QUESTION IS BELOW...

[YT]DQdYo0KAgtE&feature[/YT]

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

In dealing with the non Muslim questions, i would suggest you to listen to DR ZAKIR NAIK.

THE ANSWER OF THE ABOVE QUESTION IS BELOW...

[YT]DQdYo0KAgtE&feature[/YT]

thank you brother
i couldn't find this on youtube more videos and answers would be great as well

Almeftah

we only pray toward it not to it. We pray only to Allah.. and we pray toward Kabba becuz we were ordered to... It was like a test to see who's really a true follower of islam.

Read:

(Surat Al-Baqara 2):
Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers of Islâmic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind[] and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger). Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allâh guided. And Allâh would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem). Truly, Allâh is full of kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind. (143) Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad's SAW) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- Al-Harâm (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scriptures (i.e. Jews and the Christians) know well that, that (your turning towards the direction of the Ka'bah at Makkah in prayers) is the truth from their Lord. And Allâh is not unaware of what they do. (144) And even if you were to bring to the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) all the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they would not follow your Qiblah (prayer direction), nor are you going to follow their Qiblah (prayer direction). And they will not follow each other's Qiblah (prayer direction). Verily, if you follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allâh), then indeed you will be one of the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers.) (145)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
very beautiful answers thank you :) any revert bro/sis that can help me out cuz us muslim propective is alot different than non-muslims
thank you

Salaam,

The Kaba is used as a prayer direction for unity no matter where a person lives they have to face towards it. We believe in 1 God, 1 Book, and pray in 1 direction. I once read that a person can even pray on top of it.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam,

The Kaba is used as a prayer direction for unity no matter where a person lives they have to face towards it. We believe in 1 God, 1 Book, and pray in 1 direction. I once read that a person can even pray on top of it.

beautiful beautiful answer :) i think all bro/sisters should know the answer to this question i want a wide range of answers so I can get a better choice of words , i know the answer too but my choice of words is not so great but i know there are many great bro/sis here :) mashallah
plz keep going

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Christians always find nonsense in going around a "stone" 7 times, but I find interesting why would God in the Bible ask Joshua and his people to go around the city of Jericho 7 times? Would they say that God and His commands are "nonsense"? It must have a significance and a purpose, but they(and sometines us too!) are just to blind and superficial to see. I'm sure it has a much more meaningful purpose,apart from unity; it is just unknown to us for now.
I personally think that when Allah gives such commands is another way to test our faith, willingness and devotion: some would just do it without hesitation, others instead, would say: why 7 times and not 5? Or would it make any difference if I do it 3? Or what's the purpose of it at all?

Here is the verse:

Joshua 6:4 (New International Version)

Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.

May Allah guide us all.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Christians always find nonsense in going around a "stone" 7 times, but I find interesting why would God in the Bible ask Joshua and his people to go around the city of Jericho 7 times? Would they say that God and His commands are "nonsense"? It must have a significance and a purpose, but they(and sometines us too!) are just to blind and superficial to see. I'm sure it has a much more meaningful purpose,apart from unity; it is just unknown to us for now.
I personally think that when Allah gives such commands is another way to test our faith, willingness and devotion: some would just do it without hesitation, others instead, would say: why 7 times and not 5? Or would it make any difference if I do it 3? Or what's the purpose of it at all?

Here is the verse:

Joshua 6:4 (New International Version)

Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.

May Allah guide us all.

thank you for the verse :)
but i have to disagree regarding talking to non-muslims this way ... They can criticize Islam cuz they are in ignorance ... as a muslims our character should show our Religion the beauty of our religion ... they can say all they want but

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (chapter 2 verse 256)

So we cant force them to accept Islam ... let them question in whatever manner they do our Duty is to follow this
ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنْ ضَلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِهِ ۖ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ [١٦:١٢٥]
Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

:) aslam o alikum

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Brother, when I was a hindu (na'uzubillah..), the priest don't even simply allow us to touch the idols let alone standing on the idols that being worshipped (na'uzubillah). I agree with Dr Zakir, how can someone stand on Kaabah to call the azan if we worship (na'uzubillah) it?

There are no other answers, Kaabah is only a direction for muslim when they perform their prayers and during pilgrimage. If you read Quran (2:149 - 150), Allah required us to turn towards Masjidil Haraam for prayers, there is no mentioned towards Kaabah but it implied to pray towards the direction of Kaabah.

Kaabah also unite muslim at least in their prayers, whether the person is a king and ordinary person, he/she can only pray toward one direction except in situation you are not sure the direction of Kaabah is.

This is what reminded by my mentor:

"When you are on daawa mission, you are not going for a competition to win or lose, BUT to give them a message, your duty is just "to disturb" their mind. They might not accept Islam at that time but at least they will keep thingking about it. You can only give daawa but only Allah can guide".

So do not too worry if they refused to accept your explanation. There are some fools out there even after given the best answer but their bird brain can't accept it.

gazkour

but i have to disagree regarding talking to non-muslims this way ... .

:) aslam o alikum

I don't undestand in what manner I have implied to talk to non-muslims in "that way". Which way do you mean? I have never said so, I think you just misunderstood my post. :confused:

May Allah forgive me If I wasn't clear enough so brothers and sisters could misinterpret what I said.

May Allah guide us all.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

many people posted very good responses to the brother's questions. what i wanted to add is that ALLAH SWT has made the world a masjid for us. the kaaba/ al masjid al haram is our main masjid in this world and even though it is in makkah, we muslims no matter where we are in the world are just praying outside of masjid, because the world is a masjid for us.
:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I don't undestand in what manner I have implied to talk to non-muslims in "that way". Which way do you mean? I have never said so, I think you just misunderstood my post. :confused:

May Allah forgive me If I wasn't clear enough so brothers and sisters could misinterpret what I said.

May Allah guide us all.

sorry brother/sister if i was offensive. I was talking about being criticizing ... we should always be really polite in our conv ... we shouldn't critize them cuz than we are no better than they are
I apologize if i misunderstood you thou