Question about Salah of Istikhara

friend263

i wanted to pray salah of istikhara but there are few doubts in my mind which if cleared can help me a lot....
1> When should i pray the salah, Which means that after the namaz of isha or any other time during the day??
2> Is it compulsory that i should not talk to any body after the salah and directly go to sleep?
3> How will i come to know that whether i should do that work or not maeans will i be knowing it in my dreams or what???
4> I have heard that if my heart wants to do that work and if that thing is not good for me then to Allah Azwajal will me positive signs to do that work??? i dont know what to do??????

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Assalamu'alaikum

Just read this article sis, hope it has what you need.

The description of Salaat al-Istikhaarah was reported by Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Salami (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to teach his companions to make istikhaarah in all things, just as he used to teach them soorahs from the Qur’aan. He said: ‘If any one of you is concerned about a decision he has to make, then let him pray two rak’ahs of non-obligatory prayer, then say: Allaahumma inni astakheeruka bi ‘ilmika wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika wa as’aluka min fadlika, fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdir, wa ta’lamu wa laa a’lam, wa anta ‘allaam al-ghuyoob. Allaahumma fa in kunta ta’lamu haadha’l-amra (then the matter should be mentioned by name) khayran li fi ‘aajil amri wa aajilihi (or: fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri) faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li fihi. Allaahumma wa in kunta ta’lamu annahu sharrun li fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri (or: fi ‘aajili amri wa aajilihi) fasrifni ‘anhu [wasrafhu ‘anni] waqdur li al-khayr haythu kaana thumma radini bihi (O Allaah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allaah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6841; similar reports are also recorded by al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and Ahmad).

Ibn Hijr (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, commenting on this hadeeth:

“Istikhaarah is a word which means asking Allaah to help one make a choice, meaning choosing the best of two things where one needs to choose one of them.

Concerning the phrase ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to teach us to make istikhaarah in all things,’ Ibn Abi Jamrah said: ‘It is a general phrase which refers to something specific. With regard to matters that are waajib (obligatory) or mustahabb (liked or encouraged), there is no need for istikhaarah to decide whether to do them, and with regard to matters that are haraam (forbidden) or makrooh (disliked), there is no need for istikhaarah to decide whether to avoid them. The issue of istikhaarah is confined to matters that are mubaah (allowed), or in mustahabb matters when there is a decision to be made as to which one should be given priority.’ I say: it refers to both great and small matters, and probably an insignificant issue could form the groundwork for a big issue.

The phrase ‘If any one of you is concerned…’ appears in the version narrated by Ibn Mas’ood as: ‘if any one of you wants to do something…’

‘Let him pray two rak’ahs of non-obligatory prayer.’ This is mentioned to make it clear that it does not mean fajr prayer, for example. Al-Nawawi said in al-Adhkaar: He can pray istikaarah after two rak’ahs of regular sunnah prayer done at zuhr for example, or after two rak’ahs of any naafil prayers whether they are regularly performed or not… It seems to be the case that if he made the intention to pray istikhaarah at the same time as intending to pray that particular prayer, this is fine, but not if he did not have this intention.

Ibn Abi Jamrah said: The wisdom behind putting the salaat before the du’aa’ is that istikhaarah is intended to combine the goodness of this world with the goodness of the next. A person needs to knock at the door of the King (Allaah), and there is nothing more effective for this than prayer, because it contains glorification and praise of Allaah, and expresses one's need for Him at all times.

The phrase ‘then let him say’ would seem to imply that the du’aa’ should be said after finishing the prayer, and the word thumma (then) probably means after reciting all the words of the salaat and before saying salaam.

The phrase ‘O Allaah, I seek Your guidance by virtue of Your knowledge’ is explaining ‘because You know best.’ Similarly, ‘by virtue of Your power’ most likely means ‘seeking Your help.’ ‘I seek ability’ (astaqdiruka) means ‘I ask You to give me the power or ability (qudrah) to do’ whatever is being asked for, or it probably means ‘I ask You to decree (tuqaddir) this for me.’ So it may mean making it easy.

‘I ask You of Your great bounty’ refers to the fact that Allaah gives out of His great generosity, but no one has the right to His blessings. This is the opinion of Ahl al-Sunnah.

‘You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not’ refers to the fact that power and knowledge belong to Allaah alone, and the slave has no share of them except what Allaah decrees for him.

‘O Allaah, if in Your knowledge this matter…’ According to one report, he should mention it by name. It is apparent from the context that he should state it, but it is probably sufficient to be thinking of the matter whilst making this du’aa’.

‘Then ordain it for me’ means ‘make it happen for me’ or it may mean ‘make it easy for me.’

‘Then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it’ means ‘so that my heart will no longer feel attached to it after it has been turned away.’

‘Make me pleased with it’ means ‘make me content with it, so that I will never regret asking for it or be sorry that it happened, because I do not know how it will turn out, even if at the time of asking I am pleased with it.’

The secret is that one’s heart should not be attached to the matter in question, because that will result in a person becoming restless. Being pleased with something means that one’s heart is content with the decree of Allaah.

(Summarized from the commentary of al-Haafiz Ibn Hijr (may Allaah have mercy on him) on the hadeeth in Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab al-Da’waat and Kitaab al-Tawheed.).

source

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

sister i found this.hope it helps

"Istikhara" means to seek goodness from Allah (Exalted is He), meaning when one intends to do an important task they do istikhara before the task. The one who does the istikhara is as if they request Allah Almighty that, O the Knower of Unseen (Exalted is He) guide me if this task is better for me or not?

According to Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 21, Number 263:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah :The Prophet (Sallal Laho Alaihi Wasallam) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara, in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer):

WAY TO PERFORM ISTIKHARA:
First pray Two Cycles (raka') of ritual Prayer (nafil) such that in the first raka' after Surah Fatiha (Allhamd…) recite Surah al-Kafirun (Chapter 109) and in the second raka' after Fatiha (Allhamd…) recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112). After finishing prayer recite this (supplication/dua'): Dua in Arabic Text above.

TRANSLATION: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

How many times?
It depends. Sometimes it takes only once to get the answer and sometimes it takes longer. It is better to do istakhara seven (7) times. If you have received an answer as explained in the section below, stop doing istikhara. You do not have to continue to do isitkhara for 7 days. It is better that right after reciting the supplication, given above, sleep with ablution (people who cannot keep the ablution for longer times due to health problems do not have to worry about ablution before falling asleep) facing the direction of the Qibla (facing the Qibla is not required but it is a Sunnat of our beloved Prophet Peace Be Upon Him). It is better to recite salutations (durood/ salawat) on the Prophet Allah's Grace and Peace be upon him before and after the above Dua (supplication).

Answer:
If in the dream one sees whiteness (means any thing white in color, for example: milk, white paper, white sky, white clothes, white light etc.) or greenness (means any thing green in color, for example: grass, plants, trees, green clothes, green light etc.) then understand that this task is better and if one sees redness (means any thing red in color, for example: blood, red clothing, red fruit, red light etc.) or blackness (means any thing black in color, for example: black water, black light, black clothings, black sky, black wall etc. ) then understand it is bad and avoid it.

If do not remember any dream or do not see any colors then follow your heart. Whatever intention grows stronger in your heart regarding your targated work follow it after seven days of Istakhara.

Moatasem

W'Salam

I will try to help and I hope this will be clear for you.

I will answer each of your questions based on my own knowledge and background about the Salah.

When should i pray the salah, Which means that after the namaz of isha or any other time during the day??

YOU CAN PRAY WHEN EVER YOU NEED TO MAKE Istikhara AT DAY TIME, AT EVENING OR ANY TIME, CAUSE ALLAH IS EVERY TIME HERE TO HEAR YOU AND TO HELP YOU.

2> Is it compulsory that i should not talk to any body after the salah and directly go to sleep?

THERE IS NO VERSE OR HADETH MENTION ABOUT THAT, YOU JUST PRAY AND MAKE YOUR Istikhara AND CONTINUE YOUR NORMAL LIFE .

3> How will i come to know that whether i should do that work or not maeans will i be knowing it in my dreams or what???

SOME TIMES YOU WILL GET CLEAR SIGNS FOR THAT, AND SOME TIMES YOU WILL SEE CLEARLY EVEN IF YOU WANT TO DO THE THING IT WANT HAPPEN!! OR EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING , IT HAPPEN !!!
SO YOU PRAY AND LEAVE IT TO ALLAH ,

4> I have heard that if my heart wants to do that work and if that thing is not good for me then to Allah Azwajal will me positive signs to do that work??? i dont know what to do??????

BELIEVE ME JUST PRAY AND HAVE STRONG BELIEVE THAT ALLAH WILL HELP YOU AND GUIDE YOU, AND YOU WILL SEE THE SIGNS FROM ALLAH.

May Allah help you and guide you to the right decision. Ameen

Regards

Abdullah Espanol

Assalam-e-alikum

sister i found this.hope it helps

Answer:
If in the dream one sees whiteness (means any thing white in color, for example: milk, white paper, white sky, white clothes, white light etc.) or greenness (means any thing green in color, for example: grass, plants, trees, green clothes, green light etc.) then understand that this task is better and if one sees redness (means any thing red in color, for example: blood, red clothing, red fruit, red light etc.) or blackness (means any thing black in color, for example: black water, black light, black clothings, black sky, black wall etc. ) then understand it is bad and avoid it.

If do not remember any dream or do not see any colors then follow your heart. Whatever intention grows stronger in your heart regarding your targated work follow it after seven days of Istakhara.
Mashallah jezacullah kairan my sis for that but i have question for u sis do you have a dalel for that answer i mean proof if the quran say or hadith sayed or the majority ulema agreed upon it plz can u tell me my muslima sis

Ershad

:wasalam:

Dreams in the Scale of Islam

all4islam

Mashallah jezacullah kairan my sis for that but i have question for u sis do you have a dalel for that answer i mean proof if the quran say or hadith sayed or the majority ulema agreed upon it plz can u tell me my muslima sis

Assalam-e-alikum

brother i knew about this salah for the first time last year and this is what in school one of the sisters showed me i am Sorry but in google i found this as well that's why i post it otherwise i wouldn't have

Moatasem

السلام عليكم

The special Doa'a for this pray is as following in Arabic, and the pray way is as following.

دعاء صلاة الاستخارة
عَنْ جَابِرٍ رضي الله عنه قَالَ : كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَلِّمُنَا الاسْتِخَارَةَ فِي الأُمُورِ كُلِّهَا كَمَا يُعَلِّمُنَا السُّورَةَ مِنْ الْقُرْآنِ يَقُولُ : إذَا هَمَّ أَحَدُكُمْ بِالأَمْرِ فَلْيَرْكَعْ رَكْعَتَيْنِ مِنْ غَيْرِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ثُمَّ لِيَقُلْ : ( اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ , وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ , وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلا أَقْدِرُ , وَتَعْلَمُ وَلا أَعْلَمُ , وَأَنْتَ عَلامُ الْغُيُوبِ , اللَّهُمَّ إنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ (هنا تسمي حاجتك ) خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي أَوْ قَالَ : عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ , فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ , اللَّهُمَّ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ (هنا تسمي حاجتك ) شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي أَوْ قَالَ : عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ , فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ وَاقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ ارْضِنِي بِهِ . وَيُسَمِّي حَاجَتَهُ ) وَفِي رواية ( ثُمَّ رَضِّنِي بِهِ( رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ (1166)

Jabir may Allah be pleased with him said: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him tells us in pants all things also teaches sura of the Koran says: If you are one of you interested Fleurkaa two rak'ahs of non-obligatory prayer, then the least: (I Ostejerk your knowledge, and Ostqdrick your ability, and I ask you please great you estimate does not appreciate, and learn I do not know, and you Knower of the Unseen, Oh God, you know that this (here called your need) better for me in the religious , my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said urgently warrants and later on, then ordain it for me and pleased me, and bless me in it, God if you know that this (here called your need) the evil of me in my religion, my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said urgently warrants and later on, then remove it from me and turn me away from him and appreciate the my goodness, where he was then Ardhana it. and called his needs) and in the novel (and then Rdhana him (Bukhari (1166)

How to pray Istikhaarah?

1 - wudoo 'as if for prayer.
2 - the intention .. to be the intention to Istikhaarah before it.
3 - pray .. two rak'ahs and year that you read the first rak'ah done after al-Surat (Say: O disbelievers), and in the second rak'ah, after al-Surat (Say God is One).
4 - In the last prayer delivered.
5 - after the peace of prayer entreating God lift your hands to God and formulations that greatness and his ability and Mtdbera pray.
6 - in the first prayer praise and commends the Almighty God pray .. and pray to the Prophet peace be upon him, and the best prayer Abrahamic which are recited Balchhd. «O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You blessed Ibrahim and the family of Abraham and bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim in the universe, you Hamid Majid »or in any way reservation.
7 - was read prayer istikhaarah: (I Ostejerk your knowledge and Ostqdrick your ability ... to the last prayer.
8 - If you arrived at because: (Oh God, you know that this ((here called the thing to be is an example: Oh God, you know that this ((my travel to the country as well, buying a car as well, or to marry a girl so and so son of John Doe or other things )), then complete the prayer and says: good to me in my religion, my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said, urgently warrants and later then ordain it for me and pleased me, and bless me in it. say it twice .. once good and once evil as the second part of prayer: but you know that this is the evil of me in religion, my life and the consequences of my situation ... to the last prayer.
9 - then pray to the Prophet peace be upon him .. as I did at all the first prayer recited by the Abrahamic Balchhd.
10 - and now ended Istikhaarah .. leaving things to God, relying upon .. and trying on your application and let alone of dreams or the narrow Issapk .. do not pay attention to these things.

things must be taken into consideration and attention to it
1 - Familiarize yourself istikhaarah in any order no matter how small
2 - realized that God Seoffqk what is good, and the whole heart during the prayer and ponder and understand its meaning great.
3 - not true that you ask after the obligatory, but to be two rak'ahs especially asking for guidance.
4 - If you want to you ask year after his salary or prayer sacrificed or other redundancy, it is permissible provided that they intend to istikhaarah before engaging in prayer, but if I enter ihraam pray where no nucleation istikhaarah not is sufficient.
5 - If you need to wash the prohibition (ie, times are forbidden to pray in), be patient until it is resolved prayer, it was that you ask him miss the season in the feet and Astkhr. 6 - If you keep you mind of prayer - such as menses for women - wait until the disappears inhibitor, if which you ask him too and necessary, asking prayers without prayer.
7 - If you do not keep prayer istikhaarah read it from a paper or book, and the first to the reservation.
8 - may make the prayer Istikhara peace of prayer - that is, after tashahhud - may also make it after the peace of prayer.
9 - If for guidance ahead and what I wanted to do and continued it, not waiting for a vision in a dream, or Shi of it.
10 - if you do shows you the fittest may be repeated istikhaarah.
11 - is not exceeded this pray something, does not detract from him, stop at the borders of the text.
12 - Do not make your breeze governor you for what you choose, so perhaps the best for you in violation of things that he desires yourself (such as marriage of girl specific or buy a car a certain desired or otherwise), but should Mstejer leave the choice of head, and otherwise it is not be Mstejera God, but not be approved in the request for good
13 - Do not forget to consult the initial wisdom and righteousness and combine Asking for Guidance and counseling.
14 - not to pray to one for one. But very possible to call the mother to her son or daughter that God chooses her good , at any time in prayer .. in two places: the first: in prostration. Second: After the completion of the tashahhud and prayers for the Prophet peace be upon him as the Abrahamic
15 - If you doubt that he intended for the Eid and began to pray, then make sure he is praying Finoaha goes without absolute . Then comes the prayer of new istikhaarah
16 - If there were many things do enough where the nose drops for one or each of the Eid? .. the answer: the first and best for each of the Eid and that collected there is nothing wrong.
17 - not the Eid in the Abominations of the door of the first taboo.
18 - may not be istikhaarah Palmsobhh or the Qur'an (as do Shia) Allah guide them, but be istikhaarah the way of legitimate prayer and supplication.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Still waiting for an answer.

Salaam, Cant remember where, but i read it is better to read in Arabic. Personally, I rad both, the Arabic and then I myself understand what I, saying by reading the english there after.

To the sister who asked the question, this issue is addressed in IslamQA, have a look there.
It is not necessary that one has a dream, but Allah will guide your life based on what is best for you. Even if we dont get a dream or feeling of good or bad, your life will go ahead in the way that is best for you (as you have asked this in your dua).
Personally, when I made it, I waited for some sort of sign. I couldnt remember if I dreamt certain things or just imagined them! (the image was a dried up tomato! - wierd!) anyway, I put my trust in Allah and within a few days, my life changed and I got the answer I was searching (not by feeling or dream - but by the events that took place in my life).

I hope this answers. Again - check Islam QA

friend263

Salaam, Cant remember where, but i read it is better to read in Arabic. Personally, I rad both, the Arabic and then I myself understand what I, saying by reading the english there after.

To the sister who asked the question, this issue is addressed in IslamQA, have a look there.
It is not necessary that one has a dream, but Allah will guide your life based on what is best for you. Even if we dont get a dream or feeling of good or bad, your life will go ahead in the way that is best for you (as you have asked this in your dua).
Personally, when I made it, I waited for some sort of sign. I couldnt remember if I dreamt certain things or just imagined them! (the image was a dried up tomato! - wierd!) anyway, I put my trust in Allah and within a few days, my life changed and I got the answer I was searching (not by feeling or dream - but by the events that took place in my life).
Assalamualiakum wa rehmatullHI Wa barakatahu jazakallahu khairen for the answers i havent check on islamqa can u please post the link for the same???
And i have also heard that although we are praying salah of istikhara Allah Subhanawatalla gives us what we want which means that suppose if we pray the salah of istikhara for doing some work nut if we think that it is good for us than Allah will also show us the signs of positivity in that even if that is not good for us is it true??????

friend263

السلام عليكم

The special Doa'a for this pray is as following in Arabic, and the pray way is as following.

دعاء صلاة الاستخارة
عَنْ جَابِرٍ رضي الله عنه قَالَ : كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَلِّمُنَا الاسْتِخَارَةَ فِي الأُمُورِ كُلِّهَا كَمَا يُعَلِّمُنَا السُّورَةَ مِنْ الْقُرْآنِ يَقُولُ : إذَا هَمَّ أَحَدُكُمْ بِالأَمْرِ فَلْيَرْكَعْ رَكْعَتَيْنِ مِنْ غَيْرِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ثُمَّ لِيَقُلْ : ( اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ , وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ , وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلا أَقْدِرُ , وَتَعْلَمُ وَلا أَعْلَمُ , وَأَنْتَ عَلامُ الْغُيُوبِ , اللَّهُمَّ إنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ (هنا تسمي حاجتك ) خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي أَوْ قَالَ : عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ , فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ , اللَّهُمَّ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ (هنا تسمي حاجتك ) شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي أَوْ قَالَ : عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ , فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ وَاقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ ارْضِنِي بِهِ . وَيُسَمِّي حَاجَتَهُ ) وَفِي رواية ( ثُمَّ رَضِّنِي بِهِ( رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ (1166)

Jabir may Allah be pleased with him said: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him tells us in pants all things also teaches sura of the Koran says: If you are one of you interested Fleurkaa two rak'ahs of non-obligatory prayer, then the least: (I Ostejerk your knowledge, and Ostqdrick your ability, and I ask you please great you estimate does not appreciate, and learn I do not know, and you Knower of the Unseen, Oh God, you know that this (here called your need) better for me in the religious , my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said urgently warrants and later on, then ordain it for me and pleased me, and bless me in it, God if you know that this (here called your need) the evil of me in my religion, my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said urgently warrants and later on, then remove it from me and turn me away from him and appreciate the my goodness, where he was then Ardhana it. and called his needs) and in the novel (and then Rdhana him (Bukhari (1166)

How to pray Istikhaarah?

1 - wudoo 'as if for prayer.
2 - the intention .. to be the intention to Istikhaarah before it.
3 - pray .. two rak'ahs and year that you read the first rak'ah done after al-Surat (Say: O disbelievers), and in the second rak'ah, after al-Surat (Say God is One). 4 - In the last prayer delivered. 5 - after the peace of prayer entreating God lift your hands to God and formulations that greatness and his ability and Mtdbera pray.
6 - in the first prayer praise and commends the Almighty God pray .. and pray to the Prophet peace be upon him, and the best prayer Abrahamic which are recited Balchhd. «O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You blessed Ibrahim and the family of Abraham and bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim in the universe, you Hamid Majid »or in any way reservation.
7 - was read prayer istikhaarah: (I Ostejerk your knowledge and Ostqdrick your ability ... to the last prayer.
8 - If you arrived at because: (Oh God, you know that this ((here called the thing to be is an example: Oh God, you know that this ((my travel to the country as well, buying a car as well, or to marry a girl so and so son of John Doe or other things )), then complete the prayer and says: good to me in my religion, my life, and the consequence of warrants or he said, urgently warrants and later then ordain it for me and pleased me, and bless me in it. say it twice .. once good and once evil as the second part of prayer: but you know that this is the evil of me in religion, my life and the consequences of my situation ... to the last prayer.
9 - then pray to the Prophet peace be upon him .. as I did at all the first prayer recited by the Abrahamic Balchhd.
10 - and now ended Istikhaarah .. leaving things to God, relying upon .. and trying on your application and let alone of dreams or the narrow Issapk .. do not pay attention to these things.

things must be taken into consideration and attention to it
1 - Familiarize yourself istikhaarah in any order no matter how small
2 - realized that God Seoffqk what is good, and the whole heart during the prayer and ponder and understand its meaning great.
3 - not true that you ask after the obligatory, but to be two rak'ahs especially asking for guidance.
4 - If you want to you ask year after his salary or prayer sacrificed or other redundancy, it is permissible provided that they intend to istikhaarah before engaging in prayer, but if I enter ihraam pray where no nucleation istikhaarah not is sufficient.
5 - If you need to wash the prohibition (ie, times are forbidden to pray in), be patient until it is resolved prayer, it was that you ask him miss the season in the feet and Astkhr. 6 - If you keep you mind of prayer - such as menses for women - wait until the disappears inhibitor, if which you ask him too and necessary, asking prayers without prayer.
7 - If you do not keep prayer istikhaarah read it from a paper or book, and the first to the reservation.
8 - may make the prayer Istikhara peace of prayer - that is, after tashahhud - may also make it after the peace of prayer.
9 - If for guidance ahead and what I wanted to do and continued it, not waiting for a vision in a dream, or Shi of it.
10 - if you do shows you the fittest may be repeated istikhaarah.
11 - is not exceeded this pray something, does not detract from him, stop at the borders of the text.
12 - Do not make your breeze governor you for what you choose, so perhaps the best for you in violation of things that he desires yourself (such as marriage of girl specific or buy a car a certain desired or otherwise), but should Mstejer leave the choice of head, and otherwise it is not be Mstejera God, but not be approved in the request for good
13 - Do not forget to consult the initial wisdom and righteousness and combine Asking for Guidance and counseling.
14 - not to pray to one for one. But very possible to call the mother to her son or daughter that God chooses her good , at any time in prayer .. in two places: the first: in prostration. Second: After the completion of the tashahhud and prayers for the Prophet peace be upon him as the Abrahamic
15 - If you doubt that he intended for the Eid and began to pray, then make sure he is praying Finoaha goes without absolute . Then comes the prayer of new istikhaarah
16 - If there were many things do enough where the nose drops for one or each of the Eid? .. the answer: the first and best for each of the Eid and that collected there is nothing wrong.
17 - not the Eid in the Abominations of the door of the first taboo.
18 - may not be istikhaarah Palmsobhh or the Qur'an (as do Shia) Allah guide them, but be istikhaarah the way of legitimate prayer and supplication.

What does this means???
And what does praying to the prophet {Peace be upon him} means???
Cab you please explain???