Question about the new Notice!!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Okay this is in regard to the new notice:

"Assalamu alaykum, Brothers and Sisters, Please do not post Visitor Messages or Private Messages to any person from the Opposite Sex. -- Make your friendships with your own Gender! This website is for Learning Islam. Please Fear Allah. -Jazak Allahu khayr ! -- And sisters please be careful! Learn Islam from the good sisters only.-- Make sure you dont have men writing on your profiles or sending PMs."

I am okay with this, i encourage it.
MY QUESTION: What do we do if a male sends us PM's and such?
Do we report it? Or only ignore it? I am confused :girl3:

revert2007

Love Fishing
Okay this is in regard to the new notice:

"Assalamu alaykum, Brothers and Sisters, Please do not post Visitor Messages or Private Messages to any person from the Opposite Sex. -- Make your friendships with your own Gender! This website is for Learning Islam. Please Fear Allah. -Jazak Allahu khayr ! -- And sisters please be careful! Learn Islam from the good sisters only.-- Make sure you dont have men writing on your profiles or sending PMs."

I am okay with this, i encourage it.
MY QUESTION: What do we do if a male sends us PM's and such?
Do we report it? Or only ignore it? I am confused :girl3:

Assalamualikum.
If it is offensive or it is a proposal,you need to report to the mod in sha Allah.If it is just some brothers saying salam and asking how you are,just ignore and do not reply.

There are many knowledgable sisters here where the sisters can PM them and learn from in sha Allah.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I'm pretty much going to repeat the above. If you come across a brother who is PMing you for proposals (yes as crazy as that sounds it does happen) then please inform a Mod since this behavior is completely unacceptable on TTI. Also if you find a brother is continuously PMing you, even if it is general, or is behaving in a manner you don't appreciate - again please do inform the Mods and we will try to look into it. The same goes for brothers in regards to sisters.

Also as stated above - if a person approaches you from only even an 'impersonal' angle, asking questions or just being friendly, of the opposite gender... please just try to ignore them! Too often have what began with innocent questions ended in otherwise. By saying all this I hope we don't get many red herrings, but I do wish to let it be known that we are here and do want the best for the whole community inshaAllaah.

When something happens here, or someone is hurt - even if it is indirectly because of facilities on TTI or such, we also feel very disappointed and in a way responsible. I pray all my brothers and sisters understand this and help us out in creating a safe and productive atmosphere on TTI.

JazaakumAllaahu khayran

wasalam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
LOL! I've been on this site for 1 year, and no proposals. So i didn't know that sort of thing happened :S
Thank you for the replies. Jazakallah khair :3

TipuSultan

Banned
yes the same also applies to sisters pm-ing brothers

wallahi I only pm 2 sisters so far

1.sister muslimah- In that I scolded her for closing my thread,the same post I sent her that I made in the Islamic Lounge by the name of leaving this forum.

2.sister harb- tellling her thank you for supporting me as she said it was wrong to close my thread/also I pm her to find the name of the other 2 people in the pictures because she seemed to know most of them and she told she will post it in the other forums and get the names for me

and wallahi I pm the sisters like true Muslim sisters.apart from them I only pm brothers.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu 'alaykum

LOL! I've been on this site for 1 year, and no proposals. So i didn't know that sort of thing happened :S
Thank you for the replies. Jazakallah khair :3

Yep, and it gets quite interesting when they PM such junk straight to a Moderator. I've even had some men arguing after I warned them of an imminent ban that they felt there was nothing wrong in getting to know potential spouses this way since it's basically the 'internet age' or some such nonsense! Astagfirullah.

Just clearing up my inbox I came across two old messages I got from some men which I never replied to - or it seems bothered to delete. I will post them below as examples:

you can ask me anything regarding islam
i am a half alim
or you could add me **** @ hotmail . co . uk

How are brothers and sisters , I 'm so happy to find this place for islam , where we can see and talking with the people muslim and people convert to islam . therefor inchaa-aJJI , I have some site are wonderful . It has a lot information about Islam also : *** . this site for prophet muhammed salla allaho alihi wasalam.
this for learn quran with explain to surah in quran and you can listen to the shiek " hodayfi " I think it has also traslation to "ayat" to other language. ***
so I wish to talk to take conversation with people :SMILY206: please write for me , :wasalam:

These are quite simple and some might say silly (like the 'half alim') but I do seriously encourage my sisters to not add these people or respond to their correspondence requests. We can only guarantee what is on TTI, so we hope if such PMS do reach your inbox both our brothers and sisters, that you will simply ignore or delete them inshaAllaah.

Also if you have PMed someone of the opposite gender before, it does not mean an automatic ban... but what we do say is that it is between you and Allaah subhana wa ta'ala, and that you simply fear Him in all of your affairs. We have done our duty of warning, and hope that all our Users stay safe inshaAllaah! =)

wasalam

TipuSultan

Banned
Assalamu 'alaykum

Yep, and it gets quite interesting when they PM such junk straight to a Moderator. I've even had some men arguing after I warned them of an imminent ban that they felt there was nothing wrong in getting to know potential spouses this way since it's basically the 'internet age' or some such nonsense! Astagfirullah.

yes this is all bad.u will not believe when i got married I did not see my wife at all.only after nikah I saw my wife.
my mom tell atleast see the photo.i told no I will not.my dad told later dont say u dont like her.
wallahi I told I have confidence in your choice.if u even tell me to marry a black fat cow I am ready.
wallahi I have full trust in my parents.for 20odd years they looked after me can I not even let them do 1 small thing for me.
mashallah they selected very good wife for me both in looks and most important in deeds.
only sometimes she beats me when i dropped the fruit plate and it all got dirty and she had to clean all alone-lol, i offered to help half heartly she shouted to go to sleep-lol hahaha :)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
yes this is all bad.u will not believe when i got married I did not see my wife at all.only after nikah I saw my wife.
my mom tell atleast see the photo.i told no I will not.my dad told later dont say u dont like her.
wallahi I told I have confidence in your choice.if u even tell me to marry a black fat cow I am ready.
wallahi I have full trust in my parents.for 20odd years they looked after me can I not even let them do 1 small thing for me.
mashallah they selected very good wife for me both in looks and most important in deeds.
only sometimes she beats me when i dropped the fruit plate and it all got dirty and she had to clean all alone-lol, i offered to help half heartly she shouted to go to sleep-lol hahaha :)

AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Masha Allah...that is so sweet!
I have heard of men refusing to marry a girl if they cant see her hair first, HOW SHALLOW!

Masha Allah for you, may your marriage be long and happy :hearts:

Gernada1492

A Muslim
looooll ..

Brother.. we all males are tipuSultan of Battle fields. In home , i guess we are all the same ;)

There was joke where a person asked the men, who are scared by their wives , they shud raise their hands.. All males raised their hands but one.

When he was asked if he is not scared of his wife, he answered Yes he was scared.

Then he was asked, why he didnt raise his hand?

He replied "My wife has said not raise the hand in this case" :D

Arrange marriage is the best thing but now adays, trend has changed a lot and everything has become sooo westernized. However, you can see you potential spouse once, before getting married. I have even haered that you can talk to her as well. There is enough room in shria. But offcourse, there are conditions for everything. you can take her out on date , to TALK with her :)

Anyways.. you made me laughed brother :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low

bro this part is hilarious. Your degrading the dignity of men by getting beaten up..lol

By listening to your parents Allaah has blessed you with a wonderful wife and whats so good than obeying to your parents command and having their Dua. Sometimes I cry on my behavior with my parents when I get angry I regret it later then I realize how much importance they hold us and also how Islam teaches us to obey them.

TipuSultan

Banned
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Masha Allah...that is so sweet!
I have heard of men refusing to marry a girl if they cant see her hair first, HOW SHALLOW!

Masha Allah for you, may your marriage be long and happy :hearts:

ameen and jazak Allah khair sister

TipuSultan

Banned
looooll ..

Brother.. we all males are tipuSultan of Battle fields. In home , i guess we are all the same ;)

There was joke where a person asked the men, who are scared by their wives , they shud raise their hands.. All males raised their hands but one.

When he was asked if he is not scared of his wife, he answered Yes he was scared.

Then he was asked, why he didnt raise his hand?

He replied "My wife has said not raise the hand in this case" :D

Arrange marriage is the best thing but now adays, trend has changed a lot and everything has become sooo westernized. However, you can see you potential spouse once, before getting married. I have even haered that you can talk to her as well. There is enough room in shria. But offcourse, there are conditions for everything. you can take her out on date , to TALK with her :)

Anyways.. you made me laughed brother :)

yes Akhi arrange marriages best and I dont think u can take for dates and all in Islam but definately you can see the photo and also meet her.my parents also told me same that it is allowed in Islam, but I told if mom is happy then it is enough for me

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
akhi abu talib and gernada1492 now you akhis embrassing me:shymuslima1:

u two get married and u will know how much brave u can be in house akhis-lol

but brother beaten up by your wife.......its not recommended.your wife is degrading herself by beating her husband .
you are the guardian and you must behave like a leader not a servant its not the islamic way to keep your wife "happy"
the idea itself is giving me cramps

TipuSultan

Banned
but brother beaten up by your wife.......its not recommended.your wife is degrading herself by beating her husband .
you are the guardian and you must behave like a leader not a servant its not the islamic way to keep your wife "happy"
the idea itself is giving me cramps

what it is akhi, my wife very much taqwa and read namaz 5 times and dont beat me in ramzan.
when i tell she betas me it does not mean I dont know to fight.mashallah I go to gym everyday when not in ramzan and strong.Allah hu Akbar, glory to Allah who has made me strong.
but sometimes whole day in house and doing work and sometimes all people get fustrated.
imagine u working hard all day and then someone comes and makes ur house dirty and now u have to clean it,dont u get angry and annoyed it is somewhat like that.
and I am no servant, leader is not always the one who always beats his wife.

the Prophet never used to beat any of his wives but today especially men think that if they beat their wife it is a sign on manliness,it is shameful act and a cowardly act.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
hahahahahhahahahhaha

brother Tipu.. its hilarious.. U r saying she cant beat u because u go to gym? lol

and also she does not beat u in ramadan.. hahahhahaha

May ALLAH bless u and ur family (ameen) and grant u happiest life in both worlds..amin :)

TipuSultan

Banned
akhi Gernada1492...............my akhi......my love............long time akhi no see.

how is ur ramzan going, in india 2 fasts r over.how is ur ramzan going in UK.
Akhi i didnt go to work today, u must see in india when it is ramzan it is full nice and bright, all night people r awake and markets are all decked up and mosques house full and cinema halls empty.very nice.......mashallah