QUESTION OF MY LIFE

sky_012

Assalam U Alikum brothers ans sisters

i hope all of you are in best of health, imaan and are living happily your lives Inshallah

i would like to ask a very important question for me, perhaps it has been already discussed before; but please i need answer, based on Quran and sunnah and not based on your proper view of life

i would be very very very grateful to you

perhaps my questions aren't organised so sorry in advance and perhaps they are dumb and a sign of lack of knowledge and imaan

my question is about our lives here on earth

what i want to know if living a successful materialistic life and religious life are compatible ?

like, you know, in christian protestant faith, they judge people on their success in this life, they beleive a successful person in this world will go to paradise, and they strive to succeed in this life in all aspects and have faith as well

i'm a girl, and where i work, my collegues they do lots of activities, whether it may be sports, associations etc etc... they show others they are active people

me personnaly what i do is get up in the morning, pray, read quran, go to work, come back, pray, eat, pray do home tasks, read quran, sleep

i don't have any goal in terms of materialistic goals, i'm doing job because i want to save a little before i get married when my parents will find a husband for me, and help me to begin in my personnal life

i don't have any aim to acheive, like i have the opportunity to try for an mba, go abroad, so that all these things will appear as plus points on my resume, but what's the purpose, i think to myself, if i don't want to work

i give my normal charity, zakaat plus sadaka, but i'm not a part of any thing

sometimes when i see all these activities people do at the same time, they know so many things, and me i do nothing, i'm tempted to do also, but on the other hand, i see i work with men, and as far as i know they are not mehram for me

i don't know if you get my point, like me personnaly i'm interested in astronomy, and sometimes i check for instance the appolo missions and their history, which astronaut land on moon etc...but then i stop because i feel this is useless knowledge,

please tell me just in light of quran and sunnah, how can we balance both lives, beeing a girl, i'm sure it isn't something good for me to go and go an mba abroad because at the end, i will only gain more money that's all, i won't have any benefit for the after life, but at the same time, some people do mba with the intention to become a project manager in an NGO and help others...which appears as a good intention for both this life and hereafter

am i beeing procastinate and not using Allah's blessings and my education, if i just will to get married and stay at home?

am i beeing materialistic when i see people doing so many activities, beeing part of a club, doing this and that, and me living my routine life, where the only thing i learnn is cooking ?

thanks in advance, this means a lot to me, and i come to this place as final resort where i can get objective and true answer

Wassalam

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

First. Not getting involved in sins, itself is a great achievement.

I guess if we have free time we need to to acquire knowledge of Islaam so that we can remove the ignorance from oursleves as well as our families.

Also, it will enable to Worship Allah upon Baseerah...There are many things which we need to learn. We can start from Arabic...

Here is the website which has in depth Arabic Classes --> www.thefiks.org . It would take us forever to Master Arabic and Islamic Sciences...

Also, I would want to share with you the below post which contains list of Female students of Shaykh Muqbil Rahimahullah and their Contribution...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55401&highlight=female+students
:wasalam:

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
walaikumassalam sister
As i understand from your question i say that it is not wrong if someone wishes to be successful in this world but one should not be distracted by this deceiving world because it is not our destination as Allah says
Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion(3:185).
Further Allah says Whoever desires a reward in this life of the world, then with Allâh (Alone and none else) is the reward of this worldly life and of the Hereafter. And Allâh is Ever All*!Hearer, All*!Seer(4:134).
And the home of the Hereafter is better for those who are Al-Muttaqûn .Do not you then understand? (7:169).
And put forward to them the example of the life of this world, it is like the water (rain) which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allâh is Able to do everything.
And as far as you see people indulging in the useless activities then for such people Allah says
Allâh increases the provision for whom He wills, and straitens (it for whom He wills), and they rejoice in the life of the world, whereas the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter is but a brief passing enjoyment.
If you want to go abroad there is no problem whatsoever provided there no intermingling between the opposite sexes as the prophet said that acquiring knowledge is compulsory for every muslim man and woman.
Inshaallah when you acquire knowledge you can do better in serving ISLAM.
Also if you earn more money still you can help the poor people so that they can also lead a comfortable life.
At last i will advice as Allah says
Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh in Islâm) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islâmic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allâh), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allâh has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allâh has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allâh), the men and the women who give Sadaqât (i.e. Zakât, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadân, and the optional Nawâfil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allâh much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allâh during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawâfil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allâh has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise)(33:35).

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2: sister,

if you pray and recite Quran, you are more beloved to Allah than ur friends who play and participate in associations.

if you live in home, caring for ur husband and children, you will be more nearer to Allah than women with MBA degree/working in NGO's who dont care of salaah, hijab.

my mother stays @ home and she's MA degree holder, did she waste her life?

i dont think so, bcoz Allah will reward her for caring for her children and home...insha'allah.

the status of house-wife is much greater than working-wife because house-wife sacrifices money, status for her family and may Allah give them double reward!

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I too question myself but if you know the role of a women in islam that should help you inshallah i personally think that for me i like to be a house wife because thats where the big reward lies in serving your husband and raising you children right.

Allah say to those who persue worldly things

Whoso desires the harvest of the Hereafter We give him increase in its harvest, And whoso desires the harvest of the world, We give him thereof, and he hath no portion in the Hereafter.(20) surah Shura

You see sis those who desire this world will get it at the huge loss of the here after, now thats a big loss inshallah may Allah protect us from that AMEEN

In my free time which is a lot when iam not in college i like to listen to lectures increase your knowledge and also quran this will help you attain a greater reward than these people who chase worldy pursuits

heres a website i love this lecture you should listen to it when you have the time inshallah .....

http://www.getislam.net/lectures/sulaiman-moola/Obedience-to-your-Husband.mp3

http://www.kalamullah.com/sulaiman-mulla.html

Here's more lectures by shiekh sulaiman mashallah :hearts:

Hope i helped you:)

:wasalam:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalam U Alikum brothers ans sisters

i hope all of you are in best of health, imaan and are living happily your lives Inshallah

i would like to ask a very important question for me, perhaps it has been already discussed before; but please i need answer, based on Quran and sunnah and not based on your proper view of life

i would be very very very grateful to you

perhaps my questions aren't organised so sorry in advance and perhaps they are dumb and a sign of lack of knowledge and imaan

my question is about our lives here on earth

what i want to know if living a successful materialistic life and religious life are compatible ?

like, you know, in christian protestant faith, they judge people on their success in this life, they beleive a successful person in this world will go to paradise, and they strive to succeed in this life in all aspects and have faith as well

i'm a girl, and where i work, my collegues they do lots of activities, whether it may be sports, associations etc etc... they show others they are active people

me personnaly what i do is get up in the morning, pray, read quran, go to work, come back, pray, eat, pray do home tasks, read quran, sleep

i don't have any goal in terms of materialistic goals, i'm doing job because i want to save a little before i get married when my parents will find a husband for me, and help me to begin in my personnal life

i don't have any aim to acheive, like i have the opportunity to try for an mba, go abroad, so that all these things will appear as plus points on my resume, but what's the purpose, i think to myself, if i don't want to work

i give my normal charity, zakaat plus sadaka, but i'm not a part of any thing

sometimes when i see all these activities people do at the same time, they know so many things, and me i do nothing, i'm tempted to do also, but on the other hand, i see i work with men, and as far as i know they are not mehram for me

i don't know if you get my point, like me personnaly i'm interested in astronomy, and sometimes i check for instance the appolo missions and their history, which astronaut land on moon etc...but then i stop because i feel this is useless knowledge,

please tell me just in light of quran and sunnah, how can we balance both lives, beeing a girl, i'm sure it isn't something good for me to go and go an mba abroad because at the end, i will only gain more money that's all, i won't have any benefit for the after life, but at the same time, some people do mba with the intention to become a project manager in an NGO and help others...which appears as a good intention for both this life and hereafter

am i beeing procastinate and not using Allah's blessings and my education, if i just will to get married and stay at home?

am i beeing materialistic when i see people doing so many activities, beeing part of a club, doing this and that, and me living my routine life, where the only thing i learnn is cooking ?

thanks in advance, this means a lot to me, and i come to this place as final resort where i can get objective and true answer

Wassalam
Wa 'alykumassalaam warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu
Dear sister I truely appreciate your question and am really happy to have sisters like you who want to lead life the right way.
First of all I would like to tell you that Allah tells us in the Qur'an:
Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.(Qur'an 57:20)

And present to them the example of the life of this world, [its being] like rain which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it and [then] it becomes dry remnants, scattered by the winds. And Allah is ever, over all things, Perfect in Ability.(Qur'an 18:45)

In the above verseS Allah explains to us what the worldly life is like.
Further:
And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason?Qur'an( 6:32)
Wealth and children are [but] adornment of the worldly life. But the enduring good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one's] hope.
Qur'an 18:46
And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.
Qur'an(29:64)
This] worldly life is only amusement and diversion. And if you believe and fear Allah , He will give you your rewards and not ask you for your properties.
Qur'an(47:36)

So we see that the verses that talk about life of this world tell us that this worldly life not eternal and its full of diversion but the truth is hereafter.So if we take the life of this world as the only life and set our priorities accordingly then its sad to say that we have been decieved by the life of this world,all of its beauties and fortune.
I understand that when we see the disbelievers enjoying life and it hurts us that we are not we feel jealous I admit its a natural instinct,that is why Allah has informed us about the life of this world .
Further Allah tells us about how the disbelievers percieve this life and relate to it:
Beautified for those who disbelieve is the life of this world, and they ridicule those who believe. But those who fear Allah are above them on the Day of Resurrection. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account.Qur'an(2:212)
And they say, "There is none but our worldly life, and we will not be resurrected."Qur'an (6:29)
Indeed, those who do not expect the meeting with Us and are satisfied with the life of this world and feel secure therein and those who are heedless of Our signs
(10:007)
And they say, "There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time." And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.
Qur'an(45:24)
Indeed, these [disbelievers] love the immediate and leave behind them a grave Day.
Qur'an(76:27)

So we see how the disbelieving folks percieve life and in the previous quotations I posted verse as to what Allah tells us about life of this world.Disbelievers as I posted the verses before percieve this worldy life in a manner that is indeed decieving.Allah tells us why they do so:
They know what is apparent of the worldly life, but they, of the Hereafter, are unaware.Qur'an(30:007)
So we see there is no rationality in relating to disbeliever in sense of life and its perception.Allah has told us what the life of this world is and about the disbelievers that they are only assuming.So if we set our priorities according to what Qur'an tells us then its better for us.
Allah extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. And they rejoice in the worldly life, while the worldly life is not, compared to the Hereafter, except [brief] enjoyment.Qur'an 13:26
And leave those who take their religion as amusement and diversion and whom the worldly life has deluded. But remind with the Qur'an, lest a soul be given up to destruction for what it earned; it will have other than Allah no protector and no intercessor. And if it should offer every compensation, it would not be taken from it. Those are the ones who are given to destruction for what they have earned. For them will be a drink of scalding water and a painful punishment because they used to disbelieve.
Qur'an(6:70)

And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life].
Qur'an(93:04)

So sister all I would like to say is let us not be deluded by the life of this world and forget the hereafter.
Also Allah says that:
Whoever desires the life of this world and its adornments - We fully repay them for their deeds therein, and they therein will not be deprived.
Qur'an(11:15)
Say, "Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah which He has produced for His servants and the good [lawful] things of provision?" Say, "They are for those who believe during the worldly life [but] exclusively for them on the Day of Resurrection." Thus do We detail the verses for a people who know.Qura'n(7:32)

So the bottomline is live a modest life taking from the lawful provisions of what Allah has created and abstain from unlawful and set our goals according to the hereafter and always be concsious of the fact about what this worldly life actually is.Doing so,not letting ourselves being decieved or digerated in anyway
wassalam 'alykum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
Praying for you please pray for me too.

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

First and foremost Allah azza wa jal says in Surah Dhariyaat, Ayah 56:

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

So all our efforts should be towards seeking the countenance of Allah azza wa jal. Since you said when you look into things that you like, like astronomy, but then you feel as if this is not benefitting you any then my opinion is that you can find a job in which benefits the Ummah; for example, a doctor or a dentist, since you are a Muslim Women, women in this Ummah need more women doctors, etc. so that it will be easy for them to go and have check ups and so on, or say a Speech Therapist for Muslim children or something like that. If you get a job only to benefit the Ummah while seeking the benefits of Allah azza wa jal then Allah will support you, and basically your whole life (worldly and the Hereafter) will be covered.

Meaning, when you go to work, you are benefitting the Ummah which pleases Allah, then when you go home you pray your five daily prayers, maybe even some nawafil, you fast, you give zakat and sadaqa etc. therefore, everything that you do is for Allah azza wa jal. Then InshaAllah when you get married, and if he can take care of you and you do not have to work, then you can be a housewife and do things in the house like clean and cook and take care of the children in order to please your Husband, and if you please your husband then you please Allah (SWT)[and marriage is half of your deen so Alhamdullilah]

InshaAllah I gave you the proper advice, and if I did then surely it was from Allah and may Allah bless us all, and if it is not then may Allah forgive me Ameen.