Question regarding namaaz!?!?

Sufi_Shahbaz

Salaam all you out there reading this,

I have a question for you all to answer. I was walking into town after Jummah salah like hour and half ago before posting this thread and this dawat e islami kid who knows me from masjid where I pray at and he goes to me that when reading namaaz you have to zip up your jacket if you are wearing one as if you don't its makrooh I was like erm... okay... thanks for telling me. Is this true? as this is something I have never heard of before thanks.

:salam2: I have never heard such a thing before . I dont think this is right. Ask him which saheeh hadith he got this info from. I feel he is ill informed about this issue

Men

(i) The dress for men should be such that it covers from the navel to the knees at least.
(ii) The shoulders should not be left uncovered.
(iii) Salat can be prayed in one garment if it covers the body from the navel to the knees as well as the shoulders.
(Bukhari and Muslim.)

If, however, the garment is not long enough to cover the shoulders then parts of the body between the navel and the knees should at least be covered.

Sufi_Shahbaz

Men

(i) The dress for men should be such that it covers from the navel to the knees at least.
(ii) The shoulders should not be left uncovered.
(iii) Salat can be prayed in one garment if it covers the body from the navel to the knees as well as the shoulders.
(Bukhari and Muslim.)

If, however, the garment is not long enough to cover the shoulders then parts of the body between the navel and the knees should at least be covered.

Thanks for the information I also asked the imam of the masjid where I do the azan at and he goes yeh this is right... I'm like oh... but still like need proof or something... coz I see even people with jackets and feelces on unzipped.