question

salam alaykum

u know like during dhur the imam is silent when we r praying in congregations so i was jz wondering do we need to recite something while behind the imam when hes silent?....

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams ,
you read the prayer with AL fatiha and a surah from Quran like you would do if you were praying on your own , but you are following the Imam, and you get the reward of praying in jama'a( congregation).
w/salams

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salam alaykum

u know like during dhur the imam is silent when we r praying in congregations so i was jz wondering do we need to recite something while behind the imam when hes silent?....

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

salaam alikom

You could ask this question to the Imam you were praying behind :)

Yes you recite Al fatiha and a surrah after the fatiha,

Even during the prayer where the imam recite loudly after the imam finish reciting Fatiha during the short silence of the imam ( between fatiha and starting other surrah ) your recite al fatiha.

Hope this will help if not it wll be better to ask the imam you were praying behind during Zhur prayer :)

Rashadi

Fatiha is the key to salaat and this is a requirement. When the salaat is silent, u must still recite fatiha as u would while praying alone. I hope this helps inshaAllah.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
the imam is not silent brother, he is reciting surah fatiha and other surah.

so u also do the same - recite surah fatiha and other surah.

:)