questionable situations during studies

Qaabila

:salam2:

I have a question regarding questionable situations during studies (and why not working life as well). I am well-aware that we should stay away from suspicious things to safeguard our deen.. but subhaanaAllaah, when you study something - it may not always be possible and you are walking on the border or even stepping over astaghfirullaah..

One example..
When studying to become a midwife or a nurse part of the work practice includes [at least in Western countries] washing old people (men and women) or people who have been injured so badly that they can't take care of washing themselves. In some places you may well be able to avoid this.. but then there are times when you are insisted to wash someone of the opposite sex (including his/her private area). Sometimes *all* the nurses are women and there are no men to take care of the men..

Or during midwifery studies you will be taking part in abortions.. Islaam forbids abortion except in very limited cases (life threatening situation..)..

I know that the doctor or nurse for female should be female and for male a male.. but in situations where there's no option and the only way to get treatment is to be treated by the opposite sex, then it is allowed. So what about the work practice situations? For example, putting a catheter.. you need to practice it so that you will not harm the person to whom you are putting it.

So what is the solution here? Just to say "no" to every questionable situation? (deen does come first) Any fatawaa or even thoughts regarding this would be appreciated, baarak Allaah feekum.