Question: Questioning Faiths

Autumn-dreamer

Someone asked me what got me interested in Islam. I told them iv always liked Islamic Architect ie Alhambra . Granada Spain(I know its is not middle east) .I enjoy many things from the middle east including belly dancing, to food.BTW I make killer chicken shawarma...

I find that there is beauty and simplicity in the Islamic faith, but the culture of the east has twisted it turning from peace to being brutal and savage.

I still said always said iv believed in a higher power and that guides(Angels) were sent to watch over us.

Points in favor of Islamic faith for me are
They practice what they believe
men protect and provide for their wife
Men are not to abuse their wives(or any woman) in any form mental-emotional, and physical.
They give to charity ,help the poor and needy
the quran clearly defines animals rights: you must be able to care for them and provide food water housing and medical.

However im just not sure I can give Christmas and the fall holidays I grew up with.I like the christmas tree its so bright and cheery and help keep the winter depression away.

Can Muslims listen to music?
Put up an X-mas tree without honoring jesus?
Have earrings showing but still have the hijab on?
What about wearing jewelry openly and being Muslim?

I don't wear jewelry often but it makes feel more feminine ...

I did say my Shahaada but it didn't sound to me so sure..maybe because I said it in Arabic. Then I started to read about Sharia law. It makes me uneasy, how much of it is culture and how much of it is based on faith.It seems to contradict what is written in the Quran. Iv visited with local Mosques in the area all very welcoming. Iv done the ritual washing and even prayed it all felt very right , but again im not sure about doing it 5 times a day, im a night owl, Im also a diabetic I wouldn't be able to fast during Ramadan. I haven't told anyone at the Mosques when I visit that iv already said my Shahaada because im unsure and still have questions.

Someone please help to understand better this "religion" which i'm realizing is s much more, it way of life ...im lost- at this point im not sure what I am - anyone one on hear from the dallas fort worth area of tx?

Last edited:

Cariad

I am a christian, :) Christmas tree has nothing to do with Yeshua. (Jesus)

I thought all religions of God say men must protect and provide for wives and also give to charity and look after those who are unable to care for themselves.

Autumn-dreamer

After being pagan for many years I know most of the Christian holidays have pagan origins , the roman church adopted the celebrations to make it more appealing to those who didn't have the same beliefs.

Abu Juwairiya

Thank you for your message. It is always good to hear from and of people who believe in God, are interested and working towards actions and objectives that are pleasing to God and keep themselves pure and chaste.

You correctly mentioned a few points that are characteristics of Islam and good Muslims, namely

protection and provision for the wife
animal rights
To give in charity
To not abuse and hurt the wife

As Sister Cariad said, the above are not restricted to one section of the world population but as accepted morals, should serve as models for the entire human race and this includes all religions, secularists, atheists, agnostics, philosophers and evolutionists as well. In short they are permanent universal principles, but perhaps are harder to implement as collective responsibilities, so are hence recognised but usually not followed and even scorned by the many worldwide.

The need and purpose of Christmas trees as previously mentioned are an old tradition dating back before Jesus, and used in festivals and rituals through pagan celebrations In England itself it was popularised by Prince Albert, the consort and husband of Queen Victoria, who brought a tree with him from his native Germany, when he came to England in 1840 for his marriage. It has stuck after that.

P-Thulhu

*Raises hand*

Just a point, there's no such real thing as an 'Evolutionist'.

Evolution is a theory which is part of the biological sciences. Nothing more.

I also would, just a quibble I know, suggest that...... (again) until shown/proven otherwise, make the comment that said ideas of "Protection and provision for the wife/significant other, animal rights, giving in charity, to not abuse and hurt the wife/significant other." Are not 'universal' but found within/as functional social constructs.

Indeed, the festive tree is from more Northern regions/climates. Though, indeed, it can be made to look quite pretty. T'is something fun for the youngsters etc. :)

Abu Juwairiya

*Raises hand*

Just a point, there's no such real thing as an 'Evolutionist'.

Evolution is a theory which is part of the biological sciences. Nothing more.

I also would, just a quibble I know, suggest that...... (again) until shown/proven otherwise, make the comment that said ideas of "Protection and provision for the wife/significant other, animal rights, giving in charity, to not abuse and hurt the wife/significant other." Are not 'universal' but found within/as functional social constructs.

Indeed, the festive tree is from more Northern regions/climates. Though, indeed, it can be made to look quite pretty. T'is something fun for the youngsters etc. :)

OK, what do you suggest we call those who believe in evolution? Not all atheists, agnostics and other who reject God endorse evolution, so what term can accurately describe those who do.

Second, I am not sure what you mean by your second point. Are you suggesting there are those collectively who are against protecting your spouse, giving in charity, hurting/abusing your spouse? Irrespective of whether a society is functional, stable or not, are you saying they favour opposition the above even theoretically?

P-Thulhu

OK, what do you suggest we call those who believe in evolution? Not all atheists, agnostics and other who reject God endorse evolution, so what term can accurately describe those who do.

I don't suggest 'They' be called anything. No more than 'They' who are happy with the theory of gravity be called anything. Or 'Those' who are happy with the theory of Geology. It's a theory. It's been well established now for over one hundred and fifty years. If we're going by track record, even the theory of gravity got a make over in the 1900's by relativity. Geology got a make over in the 1930's (or there abouts) with plate tectonics.

Second, I am not sure what you mean by your second point. Are you suggesting there are those collectively who are against protecting your spouse, giving in charity, hurting/abusing your spouse? Irrespective of whether a society is functional, stable or not, are you saying they favour opposition the above even theoretically?

*Nods* You've slightly missed my point. Said actions are not necessarily 'Universal', nor are they simply manifestations or the sole tenants of certain other beliefs.

They could be called emergent properties of functioning societies.

Since said properties have been noted emerging time and time again in societies at all stages of development, every where. (Yes, I understand that there have been large variations between given societies in their actions over time, history etc)

Abu Juwairiya

I don't suggest 'They' be called anything. No more than 'They' who are happy with the theory of gravity be called anything. Or 'Those' who are happy with the theory of Geology. It's a theory. It's been well established now for over one hundred and fifty years. If we're going by track record, even the theory of gravity got a make over in the 1900's by relativity. Geology got a make over in the 1930's (or there abouts) with plate tectonics.

*Nods* You've slightly missed my point. Said actions are not necessarily 'Universal', nor are they simply manifestations or the sole tenants of certain other beliefs.

They could be called emergent properties of functioning societies.

Since said properties have been noted emerging time and time again in societies at all stages of development, every where. (Yes, I understand that there have been large variations between given societies in their actions over time, history etc)

Fine. Thanks for the clarification.

mezeren

Someone asked me what got me interested in Islam. I told them iv always liked Islamic Architect ie Alhambra . Granada Spain(I know its is not middle east) .I enjoy many things from the middle east including belly dancing, to food.BTW I make killer chicken shawarma...

I find that there is beauty and simplicity in the Islamic faith, but the culture of the east has twisted it turning from peace to being brutal and savage.

I still said always said iv believed in a higher power and that guides(Angels) were sent to watch over us.

Men are not to abuse their wives(or any woman) in any form mental-emotional, and physical.
the quran clearly defines animals rights: you must be able to care for them and provide food water housing and medical.

However im just not sure I can give Christmas and the fall holidays I grew up with.I like the christmas tree its so bright and cheery and help keep the winter depression away.

I did say my Shahaada but it didn't sound to me so sure..maybe because I said it in Arabic. Then I started to read about Sharia law. It makes me uneasy, how much of it is culture and how much of it is based on faith.It seems to contradict what is written in the Quran. Iv visited with local Mosques in the area all very welcoming. Iv done the ritual washing and even prayed it all felt very right , but again im not sure about doing it 5 times a day, im a night owl, Im also a diabetic I wouldn't be able to fast during Ramadan. I haven't told anyone at the Mosques when I visit that iv already said my Shahaada because im unsure and still have questions.

Someone please help to understand better this "religion" which i'm realizing is s much more, it way of life ...im lost- at this point im not sure what I am - anyone one on hear from the dallas fort worth area of tx?

Islam is the Qur'an. So, if you are interested in islam, study Qur'an. If something contradicts the Book of Allah, then it is not islam.

Naweed_79

Sister read the below article...
And i request u to visit islamqa.org/en
And search in key word (debate christian)
Or (new muslim)
U will get enough encouragement as a new muslim..it makes me sad that our new sister is left alone after she embraced islam, rather they had to teach her the basics of the true religion of islaam.

Islam Question and Answer
General Supervisor: Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

Mon 25 Saf 1437 - 7 December 2015
- Basic Tenets of Faith »Schools of Thought and Religions.
ar
82361: Debate with a Christian: Jesus is the servant of God and His Messenger
Why is it so difficult for the Muslims to believe that Jesus is the only son of God, when it says in the gospel that he is the son of God and he says of God “My Father”?.

Reply :
Praise be to Allaah.

We have previously explained that the Gospel in which we believe, and no one's Islam is valid unless he believes in it, is not the gospels that are in the hands of the Christians nowadays. Rather the Gospel in which we believe is that which was brought by ‘Eesa (Jesus – peace be upon him) from Allaah. As for that which is in the hands of the Christians today, it is something else, and they themselves do not claim that Jesus is the one who brought it or wrote it. See question no. 47516.

As that is the case, what the Christians claim about the Gospels stating that Jesus is the son of God and that God is his father –exalted be Allaah above having a son or a wife – does not count as any kind of proof against us, because we believe that that is something that was fabricated by human beings, and it is not part of the religion of Jesus (peace be upon him) or the religion of any other Messenger.

We believe that the Gospels that are in people’s hands today, in which the Christians believe, have been tampered with and changed, and are still being tampered with from time to time, so that there is nothing left in the form in which the Gospel was revealed from Allaah. Here we would point out that the Gospel which speaks most of the belief in the trinity and the divinity of the Messiah (peace be upon him), so that it has become a reference-point for the Christians in their arguments in support of this falsehood, is the Gospel of John. This Gospel is subject to doubts about its authorship even among some Christian scholars themselves, as is not the case with the other Gospels in which they believe. This is an ancient doubt which goes back to the second century CE according to their own history.

Professor Stadlin says: The entire Gospel of John was written by one of the students of the Alexandrian school. One sect, in the second century, rejected this Gospel and everything that was attributed to John.

In the Encyclopaedia Britannica it says:

As for the gospel of John, it is undoubtedly fabricated. Its author wanted to pitch two of the disciples against one another, namely St. John and St. Matthew.

This writer who appears in the text claimed that he was the disciple who was loved by the Messiah, and the Church took this at face value and affirmed that the writer was the disciple John, and it put his name on the book, even though the author was not John for certain. This book is like the books of the Torah, in that there is no connection between them and the one to whom they are attributed. We feel sorry for those who did their utmost to make the connection, between this philosopher who wrote the book in the second century, and the disciple John the fisherman, for their efforts were to no avail and with no guidance.

Quoted from Muhaaraat fi’l-Nasraaniyyah by Shaykh Muhammad Abu Zahrah.

It is strange indeed that they cast aspersions on the authorship of this Gospel which they affirm was written especially to support this falsehood, the false belief in the divinity of the Messiah, which is ignored in the other gospels, until this gospel was written, at the least. Yoosuf al-Khoori says: John wrote his Gospel at the end of his life, at the request of the bishops of Asia and elsewhere. The reason for that is that there were sects that denied the divinity of the Messiah, so they asked him to prove it, and to highlight that which Matthew, Mark and Luke had neglected in their Gospels.

(op.cit., p. 64)

Regardless of the doubts about the authorship of the Gospels in general, and of the Gospel of John in particular, the phrases that they quote from these Gospels do not support the point they are trying to make, rather it is a spider’s web to which they are clinging, as Allaah says of them and others like them (interpretation of the meaning):

“The likeness of those who take (false deities as) Awliya’ (protectors, helpers) other than Allaah is the likeness of a spider who builds (for itself) a house; but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider’s house if they but knew”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:41]

The Bible in which it says that the Messiah is the son of God is the same Bible in which the lineage of the Messiah ends with Adam (peace be upon him), and he too is described as a son of God.

“Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli … the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God”

[Luke 3:23-38]

This is the same Bible that describes Israel in the same terms:

“Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son”

[Exodus 4:22]

Something similar appears in the Book of Hosea:

“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son”

[Hosea 11:1]

The same is said of Soloman (peace be upon him):

“He said to me: 'Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father”

[I Chronicles 28:6]

Were Adam, Israel and Soloman all other sons of God, before the Messiah (peace be upon him)? Exalted be Allaah far above what they say!

Indeed, in the Gospel of John itself there is an explanation of what is meant by this being a son; it includes all the righteous servants of God, so there is nothing unique about Jesus or any other Prophet in this regard.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”

[John 1:3]

Something similar appears in the Gospel of Matthew:

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God”

[Matthew 5:8-9]

This usage of the word “son” in the language of the Bible is a metaphor for the righteous servant of God, without it implying anything special or unique about the way in which he is created, or describing him literally as the offspring of God. Hence John says:

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!”

[1 John 3:1]

For the same reason Adam is also called a son of God – exalted be Allaah far above that.

There remains the issue of Eesa (peace be upon him) being described as a son of God, and what they fabricated about the Lord of the Worlds, saying that He was the father of the Messiah (peace be upon him). This too is not unique in the language of the Gospels:

“Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'”

[John 20:17]

In one text he says that God is a father to them too, and that God is the God of them all.

So let them say if they wish that we are all the children and the beloved of God, as God said of their forefathers. In that case there is nothing special about the Messiah so that they should worship him instead of Allaah. Or let them be stubborn and follow something other than true guidance, with no clear Book. This is something that anyone could do.

Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the heavens and the Lord of the earth, the Lord of the Worlds, for the blessing of Islam that He has bestowed upon us.

O Allaah, guide us to Your straight path, The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.

cabdixakim

Someone asked me what got me interested in Islam. I told them iv always liked Islamic Architect ie Alhambra . Granada Spain(I know its is not) killer chicken shawarma...

As'salaamu Aleikum sister.

Firstly, all praise is due to Allah that He has guided you to Islam, it's only by His blessings that you found Islam.

you have raised basic questions( i.e asked by many) which have basic and precise answers for a muslim but before answering them I'm too, concerned of your way of wording and would want to respond to that first...

You became a muslim because of its architecture or some cultural dance of people of middle east? Or the architecture was a reason for you to look into Islam more?... If the former is true then your intentions to be a Muslim were basically corrupt and any concern you raise about Islamic practices is therefore as expected...

A Muslim is one who is rationally convinced that Allah exists and that he is Allah's slave and that prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is His final messenger... Are you convinced of that? ... If you believe in the sovereignty of Allah and that you're only his slave then it is His right upon you to obey all that He commands. And such, you wouldn't find the questions you raised difficult to do after it's made clearer to you ...

Islam, sister, is not to increase in number by winning over new converts( through dazzling architecture), it's meant to be the salvation of mankind and their code of life brought down to them by their Creator... It's one thing to love Islamic culture, accepting Islam as your way of life is another...

The meaning of a Muslim(= one who submits his will to Allah) says about everything... It means, once you're a Muslim your will and basically the conduct of your daily life is in total submission to Allah... because you believe that this life is temporary and you believe in Hell and in Paradise, your enjoyment happens in Obedience to Your Creator.

and you said you're not sure about your declaration of shahada and ironically one of the conditions of Shahada is Yaqiin (certainty)=one must be certain of the declaration and what the Kalimah requires him of... In case you know nothing about condition of Shahada which I'm sure is the case,you may find this link http://muslimconverts.com/shahadah/converting.htm#conditions beneficial.

Secondly, if you did declare your Shahada sincerely and accepted and willing to fulfill all its conditions then know that these doubts and this phase of "I'm not sure of..." are the whispers of Satan who works day and night to make you hold back on your decision that made him a loser and granted you victory... know that these doubts are tests from Allah. Allah says, "Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested."And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)". ( Quran 29:2.-3)

Not just you,sister,every other new muslim had to face these uncertainties and it's a test from Allah to separate the sincere from insincere muslims and to elevate the sincere to higher ranks... once you realise that, you know you ought to pass the test with patience,and delight to grow in Islam bit by bit... The challenge faced by many is "too much information with little understandings"... one of your question(particularly the one about Ramadhan) proves that you are reading everything about Islam at once... Take things slowly and easily and focus on issues that are facing you right now... and as you keep on growing,every issue will present itself at the right time and so you learn about it at that right time... for instance, right now you don't need to know about inheritance laws in Islam, knowing how many Rakaats is Dhuhr is much more imperative!

Thirdly sister, in Islam, one cannot be picky on what to believe about things he is obliged to belief... For instance, belief in the obligation of the 5 daily prayers is an obligation and one cannot choose to be dubious or disbelieve in it... disbelieving in just one verse of the Qur'an makes one disbeliever!... This as you see is related to your point about 5 daily prayers... If you disbelieve in the fact there are 5 daily prayers then you need to rejuvenate your faith because you're disbelieving in verses of Qur'an and established principle commanded by Allah... but if it's out of laziness that you feel neglecting them then seek the guidance of Allah, know your weakness and work hard to establish them all 5... If you think it's hard for you because it's all new to you, think of the companions of the prophet(p. b.u.h) in the earliest time when the prayers were first revealed,they too were new muslims, initially pagans. were they uncertain about it when everything was all new to them? They were sincere in their belief and they were committed to fulfill what it required of them.

Allah says in the Qur'an , " O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy."(Q2:208)

With regard to your question sister, I hope simple answers without much details will do...

can a Muslim listen to Music? No, music of any form is Haraam... although beating drums on joyous occasions has been put as an exeption.

can one put up X-mas tree without honouring Jesus? ... A tree by itself is harmless but it is X-mas tree and marks an occasion of people of another belief, avoid putting it up only on X-mas days... If it indeed removes you of depression have it in your house any part, every part of the year... but because it's known for a people of other faith, I'd have avoided it all together.

can one show up her earrings and still have Hijab on?... how is that possible? Because Hijab is not just covering the hair. One must cover all their nakedness and the Awrah of a woman is all her body except the face and hands up to the wrist...

you can put on Jewelry, it's what women are known for but it should not make you expose part of you that should remain concealed at that particular time.

As for your concern about fasting since you're diabetic and therefore you find Sharia law a bit too harsh on you... There are people exempted from fasting in Ramadhan (can't go into details) and have to give fidya ( which is a meal for one needy person every day of the 30 days... which meal and how much is another topic) among them are people who suffer from terminal diseases such as diabetics which makes them impossible to fast... see sister, there is nothing to keep you wary here, you just read too much ahead of your understanding...

I hope you already found answers elsewhere and already praying all 5 every day... otherwise my disorganised post is only to encourage others to write much better works for you.

May Allah guide us all...aamiin

Last edited:

Autumn-dreamer

I have stepped back from studying Islam it is indeed a lot to take in. I am still doing a lot of soul searching im carefully considering what i have learned. I thank you all for your replies.I have noticed small changes in my life dressing more conservatively , cutting back on eating pork, not drinking as much socially.This has been a GOOD influence on me.Weather or not I convert I will always stand with the Muslim community and will help where im able and can.Peace and blessings to you all

Autumn-dreamer

As'salaamu Aleikum sister.
You became a muslim because of its architecture or some cultural dance of people of middle east? Or the architecture was a reason for you to look into Islam more?... If the former is true then your intentions to be a Muslim were basically corrupt and any concern you raise about Islamic practices is therefore as expected...

I did not dare say my testament based on that alone.I agree with core beliefs of Islam that we should pray , give to the poor.I felt in my heart that when I put my head to the floor it was right. I'm a night owl by nature , I think I was pushing myself to far and to fast in my eagerness.What led me to look into it more was the simple fact people fear what they do not understand and will seek to destroy it. People turn this or that into their enemy and then use that to justify terror tactics and taking what they want and that's wrong.

Cariad

Y
After being pagan for many years I know most of the Christian holidays have pagan origins , the roman church adopted the celebrations to make it more appealing to those who didn't have the same beliefs.
You say you were a pagan for many years.. But now you are believing in the One true God..yes? :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Salam alaykum my sister

I advice you to let time pass - you will find the right balance between Islam and those habits you have grown with. Don´t hurry. Try to do what is right of your mind. Don´t try to force you to like some new holidays (eids) too soon. Yes, Islam is a new way of life but remember the little steps on that new path.

:agreed:

Autumn-dreamer

Y

You say you were a pagan for many years.. But now you are believing in the One true God..yes? :)

Yes I was pagan but I never really practiced the faith other then saying i believe that God needed to be balanced with a female aspect ,but in my searching iv come to realize that God doesn't need balance HE is balance.

Cariad

Yes I was pagan but I never really practiced the faith other then saying i believe that God needed to be balanced with a female aspect ,but in my searching iv come to realize that God doesn't need balance HE is balance.
Exactly so.. :) there is no male or female in God. God is the perfect balance. God is sufficient unto Himself. Open your heart and His love will show you the way.

I believe that.. :) God is there for everyone who seeks Him. May He bless and guide you.

Cariad

Sister read the below article...
And i request u to visit islamqa.org/en
And search in key word (debate christian)
Or (new muslim)
U will get enough encouragement as a new muslim..it makes me sad that our new sister is left alone after she embraced islam, rather they had to teach her the basics of the true religion of islaam.

Islam Question and Answer
General Supervisor: Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

Mon 25 Saf 1437 - 7 December 2015
- Basic Tenets of Faith »Schools of Thought and Religions.
ar
82361: Debate with a Christian: Jesus is the servant of God and His Messenger
Why is it so difficult for the Muslims to believe that Jesus is the only son of God, when it says in the gospel that he is the son of God and he says of God “My Father”?.

Reply :
Praise be to Allaah.

We have previously explained that the Gospel in which we believe, and no one's Islam is valid unless he believes in it, is not the gospels that are in the hands of the Christians nowadays. Rather the Gospel in which we believe is that which was brought by ‘Eesa (Jesus – peace be upon him) from Allaah. As for that which is in the hands of the Christians today, it is something else, and they themselves do not claim that Jesus is the one who brought it or wrote it. See question no. 47516.

As that is the case, what the Christians claim about the Gospels stating that Jesus is the son of God and that God is his father –exalted be Allaah above having a son or a wife – does not count as any kind of proof against us, because we believe that that is something that was fabricated by human beings, and it is not part of the religion of Jesus (peace be upon him) or the religion of any other Messenger.

We believe that the Gospels that are in people’s hands today, in which the Christians believe, have been tampered with and changed, and are still being tampered with from time to time, so that there is nothing left in the form in which the Gospel was revealed from Allaah. Here we would point out that the Gospel which speaks most of the belief in the trinity and the divinity of the Messiah (peace be upon him), so that it has become a reference-point for the Christians in their arguments in support of this falsehood, is the Gospel of John. This Gospel is subject to doubts about its authorship even among some Christian scholars themselves, as is not the case with the other Gospels in which they believe. This is an ancient doubt which goes back to the second century CE according to their own history.

Professor Stadlin says: The entire Gospel of John was written by one of the students of the Alexandrian school. One sect, in the second century, rejected this Gospel and everything that was attributed to John.

In the Encyclopaedia Britannica it says:

As for the gospel of John, it is undoubtedly fabricated. Its author wanted to pitch two of the disciples against one another, namely St. John and St. Matthew.

This writer who appears in the text claimed that he was the disciple who was loved by the Messiah, and the Church took this at face value and affirmed that the writer was the disciple John, and it put his name on the book, even though the author was not John for certain. This book is like the books of the Torah, in that there is no connection between them and the one to whom they are attributed. We feel sorry for those who did their utmost to make the connection, between this philosopher who wrote the book in the second century, and the disciple John the fisherman, for their efforts were to no avail and with no guidance.

Quoted from Muhaaraat fi’l-Nasraaniyyah by Shaykh Muhammad Abu Zahrah.

It is strange indeed that they cast aspersions on the authorship of this Gospel which they affirm was written especially to support this falsehood, the false belief in the divinity of the Messiah, which is ignored in the other gospels, until this gospel was written, at the least. Yoosuf al-Khoori says: John wrote his Gospel at the end of his life, at the request of the bishops of Asia and elsewhere. The reason for that is that there were sects that denied the divinity of the Messiah, so they asked him to prove it, and to highlight that which Matthew, Mark and Luke had neglected in their Gospels.

(op.cit., p. 64)

Regardless of the doubts about the authorship of the Gospels in general, and of the Gospel of John in particular, the phrases that they quote from these Gospels do not support the point they are trying to make, rather it is a spider’s web to which they are clinging, as Allaah says of them and others like them (interpretation of the meaning):

“The likeness of those who take (false deities as) Awliya’ (protectors, helpers) other than Allaah is the likeness of a spider who builds (for itself) a house; but verily, the frailest (weakest) of houses is the spider’s house if they but knew”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:41]

The Bible in which it says that the Messiah is the son of God is the same Bible in which the lineage of the Messiah ends with Adam (peace be upon him), and he too is described as a son of God.

“Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli … the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God”

[Luke 3:23-38]

This is the same Bible that describes Israel in the same terms:

“Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son”

[Exodus 4:22]

Something similar appears in the Book of Hosea:

“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son”

[Hosea 11:1]

The same is said of Soloman (peace be upon him):

“He said to me: 'Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father”

[I Chronicles 28:6]

Were Adam, Israel and Soloman all other sons of God, before the Messiah (peace be upon him)? Exalted be Allaah far above what they say!

Indeed, in the Gospel of John itself there is an explanation of what is meant by this being a son; it includes all the righteous servants of God, so there is nothing unique about Jesus or any other Prophet in this regard.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”

[John 1:3]

Something similar appears in the Gospel of Matthew:

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God”

[Matthew 5:8-9]

This usage of the word “son” in the language of the Bible is a metaphor for the righteous servant of God, without it implying anything special or unique about the way in which he is created, or describing him literally as the offspring of God. Hence John says:

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!”

[1 John 3:1]

For the same reason Adam is also called a son of God – exalted be Allaah far above that.

There remains the issue of Eesa (peace be upon him) being described as a son of God, and what they fabricated about the Lord of the Worlds, saying that He was the father of the Messiah (peace be upon him). This too is not unique in the language of the Gospels:

“Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'”

[John 20:17]

In one text he says that God is a father to them too, and that God is the God of them all.

So let them say if they wish that we are all the children and the beloved of God, as God said of their forefathers. In that case there is nothing special about the Messiah so that they should worship him instead of Allaah. Or let them be stubborn and follow something other than true guidance, with no clear Book. This is something that anyone could do.

Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the heavens and the Lord of the earth, the Lord of the Worlds, for the blessing of Islam that He has bestowed upon us.

O Allaah, guide us to Your straight path, The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.

It should be said I feel, that showing islam as true by attempting to discredit the Bible. Is wrong and a bad thing to do. Islam can only be truth on its own message. Since it is not possible to proof the claims that the message God revealed in the Bible is wrong or has been changed etc.. Then efforts in these endeavours will always fail. Either Gods message is impossible to change by man as is claimed in the Bible and Quran is true or it's not. If it's true then muslims are wrong to say the Bible is corrupted.

There are so many misconceptions about the Bible verses used above.. I could not even begin to explain... Not that you would be interested anyway. :)

I think every person must find their own path to God. God guides those who wish to be guided, that may be to Islam or it may be to Yeshua. :)

Violetta

Someone please help to understand better this "religion" which i'm realizing is s much more, it way of life ...im lost- at this point im not sure what I am - anyone one on hear from the dallas fort worth area of tx?[/quote]

Dear Sister

To have your questions and doubts answered you should contact an Imam /Islamic scholar

No one said that converting to Islam will instantly change a person 360 degrees....it can happen and happened to some of us.
Things you are describing above are worldly , which are just temporary and do not last forever.....we are just passing by and if we follow what Allah commands we will have paradise.
For the sake of Allah we can give up more than music and a tree with decorations on it.......

You made a big step forward, do not let shaytan pull you back....
Here is an interesting link and you can also find this lecture on youtube by Imam Abdullah Hakim Quick "Holiday Myths"
http://www.amila.org/archive/feat_usa_holidays.php

Ramadan should not be problem, if you are a diabetic, you do not have to fast, Allah wants what's best for you.
If you have IDDM and really want to fast you can treat the night as your day (since you are a night owl ;)) and rest and pray during the day. This link might be helpful: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/28/9/2305.full
You will be surprised how "strong" we become during the Ramadan, by Allah's grace

Put your trust in Allah and all will become easy......

May Allah guide you and keep you safe

Attachments

• 1505305_207407469446495_1134993792_n.jpg
    1505305_207407469446495_1134993792_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1