"Rabbi ghfirli" between Sujud / Sajda?

lolokopp

:salam2:

I just heard that some muslims say "Rabbi ghfirli" between 2 Sujuds. Is that a regular part of the Salah or does it depend on which 'group' (Sunni, Shia, Alevi, Salafi...) one belong to?

I want to whether or not it is obligatory to say it.

Jazakallahu Khair

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: Dear akhi :D

Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would say: rabbighfir lee, rabbighfir lee
its in Abu Dawud 1/231 and sahih ibn Majah 1/148.

scanned from the Book Fortress of the Muslim :)

Picture6.jpg

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

You just have to say 'Rabbighfir lee, Rabbighfir lee' once. No twice or thrice is mentioned in the hadeeth.

Hope that clears it.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

Where can I get the book? The print is the perfect font for my old eyes.

Walaykumsalaam respected elder sister Aapa,

Actually the scan is from the pocket size version of the book 'Fortress of the Muslim' which is 3.3×4.7 inches..

I would rather suggest you go for the larger version which is 5.5x8 inches, easier to read from it. :)

Here's a link :- http://store.dar-us-salam.com/Eng_SalatDua/056a.html

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah

There is difference of opinion in this matter

According to the Hanaabilah (The Madhab of Imaam Ahmed rahimahullaah) is that it waajib to say Rabbigh firli atleast once and the rest of the Takbeerat, sami `Allaahu liman hamidah etc (except for the first opening Takbeer), however there is close to an Ijmaa` that it is not waajib, but rather mustahabb as it has been authentically reported on a number of sahaabah that they left out all the other takbeeraat (except for the first one), this is the view of the other 3 imaams (Maalik, Shaafi`ee, Abu Hanefaah) and the latter seems to be the correct opinion. However one should strive to always say it is one of those sunnah acts that the Prophet :saw2: never left out.

Wa salaamu `alaykkum

P.S What I mean by Takbeerat is not raising the hand (this is sunnah) rather saying Allaahu 'akbar