rabbit's meat

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
:salam2:

i had a very hot debate with one of my class fellows over the issue of rabbit's meat. i was in favour of having the meat but my friend says that it is haram becuse it has periods
please enlighten me if i am wrong

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
wa`alaykum salaam.

Since when was having periods a condition to outlaw an animal for eating? And tell him that only female rabbits have periods lol.

Narrated by Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, who said:
"We hunted a rabbit after pursuing it for a while. Afterwards, Abu Talhah sent its hip to the Messenger of Allaah who accepted it." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]​

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
i told her about that but she wants daleel .she is taken by the deviated sect propaganda .
i want to make a pamphlet about it.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Fatwa No. : 84598

Fatwa Title : Eating rabbit
Fatwa Date : 19 Jumaadaa Al-Uolaa 1423 / 29-07-2002
Question
Is eating of rabbit prohibited?

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Basically all animals are Halal except those that are made unlawful in Shari'a.
Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maytatah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is impure, …} [6: 145].
The Hadith establishes a rule concerning the birds and animals that are Haram, the Hadith reads: "Eating of all fanged beasts of prey, and all the birds having talons is forbidden" . [Reported by Imam Muslim ]. Therefore, eating a rabbit is permissible, and it is proved in Sahihain that "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) and his companions ate its meat" .
Rabbit is Halal and no one from Muslim scholars opposed this ruling.
Allah knows best.

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

You know i was looking through "Medicine of the Prophet :saw:" by Ibn Al-Qayyim (May Allah have mercy on Him)

Rabbit Meat

Rabbit meat was mentioned in the Sahihan, as Anas (Radiyallahu Anh) said, "We hunted a rabbit after pursuing it for a while. Afterwards, Abu Talhah (Radiyallahu Anh) sent its hip to the Messenger of Allah :saw: who accepted it."

Rabbit meat is mildly hot and dry, and the best part of it is the hip. The best way to eat rabbit meat is by roasting it. Rabbit meat constpates, produces urine, as a diurectic and dissolves stones. Eating the rabbit's head benefits against convulsive shaking.

[Healings with the Medicine of the Prophet :saw: by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah Page 329)

What a great book this is, i think everyone needs to have it. May Allah have mercy on the great Scholar.

Alhamdulilah

Walaykum Salam.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

i had a very hot debate with one of my class fellows over the issue of rabbit's meat. i was in favour of having the meat but my friend says that it is haram becuse it has periods
please enlighten me if i am wrong

sorry lol but that is really funny. Tell your friend that ALL female animals get peroids, I mean he eats beef right???? Has your friend read the Quran, it's very clear is if has....:wasalam:

LeylaHussain

Jews don't eat rabbits...
Personnaly, having been an orthodox jew before reverting, I wouldn't be able to eat rabbits now, I'd be too disgusted.
I know it may be wrong since there is nothing against that, but psychologicaly, I couldn't...

wa:salam2: :SMILY259:

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
Yeah we have also eaten rabbits and turned its tails into key rings, in fact, there isn't much that we haven't eaten including sheeps brains, liver, u name it, we ate it. We must have been really hungry back then, I doubt I would eat such animals or animal parts now but it's halal so why not try it.

emcmo

Rabbit is kind of rat family live under ground or hide like rat any way only those animal families are HALAL that mention in Quran because those animals have hoof all Halal accept pig they have hoof but Haram clearly mention in Quran. Also keep in mind who those animals use there front foot as hand to eat and hold food or there wild sharp teeth for eat meat or have fingers with nails or birds use there feet to hold food and use for eat as hand all of them Haram and wild.