Ramadan is upon us....Are we Ready?

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:

With Ramadan about six weeks away inshallah, its time that we start preparing for another month full of worship and blessings. For those of us who Allah grants us to see it, what are we going to do to prepare for it?

My plan inshallah is to get my physical and spiritual body ready for this special month. For those of us who are not fasting Mondays and Thursdays(including me), we should start now inshallah. We should not start fasting right away, it might do more harm than good. This time only comes once a year, and who is to say we will be here for the next one? Let's start now and be ready to fast for the One who has given us so much.

This is just a reminder to get the most out of this beautiful month and to reap the benefits inshallah. If anyone would like to post any Hadiths on Ramadan and fasting, feel free to do so, as it might inshallah help all of us to get ready for this month and to encourage us to get closer to Allah, so when Ramadan comes, we will be ready.

:wasalam::hijabi:

palestine

Servant of Allah
i'll post hadiths later. but as of now i'll start fasting with you inshallah, mondays and thursdays. i had a question that no one has ever answered. and i really don't know what to do. it's about ramadan. anyways jazakallah. asalamu alaykum.

nori suja'i

this is the chance Allah gives us once a year so be prepared now to welcome ramadhan where there's a lailatul qadr.
if u have hajaat, this is the du'a but its adviceable to perform solat tahajjood before and witr after the solat hajaat.

du'a hajaat (after hajaat prayer):
Bismillah Hirrohmann Nirrohiim

Laa ilaha illaullahul haaleemool kareem
Subhanaullahi robbil 3rsheel azeem
Alhamdulillahi robbil 3lameen
As alooka moojeebati rohmatiqa
Wa 3zaa eema margfiratika
Wal esmata meen kullee dzambeen
Wal ghanee mata meen kullee beerreen
Was salamata meen kullee esmeen
Laa tad3k lee dzanbarn illaa ghafaar tahoo
Walaa hamman illaa farrojtahoo
Walaa haajatan heya lakaa reedhan
Illa qadhaytaha yaa arrhamar roheemeen.

wassalaam.

tarannumsamir

as salaamualaikum wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu.
sister shaheeda35,jazakallah khairan for the reminder.inshallah we all looking forward for the whole blessed month of ramadaan.
may allah swt bless all of us with the choicest blessings,ameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Yes, we do need to start gearing up. Thanks and I will Insha'ALlah fast on Monday and Thursday once again.

halah

:salam2:
Jazaki Allah khair dear sister for the nice reminder,we do in need for such one. may Allah reward you.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who observes fasting during the month of Ramadan with Faith while seeking its reward from Allah, will have his past sins forgiven.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Every slave of Allah who observes Saum (fasting) for one day for the sake of Allah, Allah will draw his face farther from Hell-fire to the extent of a distance to be covered in seventy years.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: "Every slave of Allah'' includes men, women, the free and the unfree, because they are slaves of Allah. The Hadith highlights the excellence of fasting for the sake of Allah which will serve, on the Day of Resurrection, as shield against Hell-fire.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I was thinking today, the fact is How do we get close to Allah in Ramadan? [that's not I was thinking, but I was thinking about Allah - which this thread has made me think more, Insha'Allah that makes sense]

I am not bigging up my thread or anything like that, which is practically the Belief in Allah book. But, we need to understand:

Who is Allah?
What are His Attrbutes?
His Beautiful Names?
And countless more questions.

But wouldn't our acts of worship be more fruitful if we knew Who Allah is?

Maybe, everyone knows this and i am the little one behind the pack who is now realising the importance of this fact - Aqeedah.

Allah
The Angels
The Jinn & Devils
The Messengers & the Messages
The Final Day
Divine Will & Predestination.

These factors everybody may know about and i may just be catching on, but reflecting can't be bad, can it?

Anyway, here is the link to the Aqeedah thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38089

May Allah forgive me for any mistakes.

May Allah reward you.

EDIT: Done.

May Allah forgive for my shortcomings.
Ameen.

Walaykum Salam