Ramadan

Asalamalakum brothers and sisters,
I know that the glorious month of Ramadan is coming up soon, but I have no idea when it starts please give me some insite as far as when it is or where i can go to find out:bananabb2in:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam alikum

From wot i no it starts on 24 September to 23 October. Best to confim wit some1 else 2...

W/salaam

:wasalam:
yes time run fast and Ramadan will be there soon.
I think it's around 23-24-25 September but as you are from Germany you have to ask the mosque there, because, as you know, it depend on seeing the moon, i.e. on location in wich you are.

"The month of Ramadân in which was revealed the Qur'ân, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadân i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allâh intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allâh [i.e. to say Takbîr (Allâhu-Akbar; Allâh is the Most Great) on seeing the crescent of the months of Ramadân and Shawwâl] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him."
Surah al-Baqqara (The cow) N°2 verse n°185

thank you

Asalamalakum brothers and sisters,

alhumdullilah, thank you for responding, I would seek the answers from the local Masque but I am in a remote location for the next 6 months and will not be able to seek guidance from and Imam. I am also faceing a real hardship I am the only Muslim at my job and there is really no place to pray. The rest of the 75 co-workers that are with me are mostly Christian, and dont seem to understand and look at me with a raised eyebrow at me praying outside because that is the only place I can. Not to mention that the nation I am in for work right now is almost all catholic and they too have trown stuff at me and wacth me with a mistrusting eye. I have tried to find a masque here and there is not one for 100 miles or a fellow Muslim for that matter. This is a hard test for a new Muslim of almost a year. I know that Allah SWT knows what He is doing and has put me here for me to grow and to learn something from it and grow strong. Thos site is my link to the Muslim world. I just didnt want to miss Ramadan and be sinning. Thank you for the posts. Any more posts, comments and advise are always welcome. I am still learning and inshallah I will continue with the help of Allah SWT and my brothers and sisters such as your selves. Thank you and Asallamalakum.

Abdullah Mujahid

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Today we muslim differ in starting to fast and this issue have been a major debate till now.There is a brother Shaukat who have been looking and trying to educate us on the sighting of the moon all around the world.Am sure this website will be helpfull to all of us to determine the correct decisions in calculating the right day to start fasting.

www.moonsighting.com

Jazakallahu kheir! :biggrin:

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros/sis
In my country,, we based on the calender(hisab i think) and our mufti will announce over the malay radio station on the eve of 30 shaaban after the maghrib prayer call, that the holy month of ramadan starts the next day....wasalam

Karima

Asalamualikum,

First of all, be a good example in front of your co-workers. The christians will not harm you, verbally nor other, if so then they are not christian.

of the 75 co-workers that are with me are mostly Christian, and dont seem to understand and look at me with a raised eyebrow

The christians do not understand why you do this. This is your chance, inshaAllah, to talk with them about why you do this. Some christians Fast during Lent...not to the extent that the muslims do....

I watched fellow muslims work together, and saw by their example that something was different in a good way. In time, my ignorance of Islam turned into a blessing.

One thing that I notice in some muslims is that their smile is really important. Always in peace...it seems.

Discussion is good, and not to go into debate. It would be to open doors to understanding why you do this.

Sallam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

:salam2:

I have heard it starts around the 24th or 25th September.:)

I am not to sure,it will be better getting confirmation from someone else.:confused:

:wasalam: