Article Recognition of Evil and Good

Mohammad Rafoqie

Brand-Islam-is-fast-becoming-the-new-black-in-marketing-terms-600x440.jpg

Recognition of Evil and Good:allahuakbar:

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

There are many religions and ways of worship in the world that the people do worship following to them.

The question is: why the people do worship and if it does not so, then what will happen? In fact, the passion of worship has been created in the nature of human beings at the day called “Yaume-Alast” as the holy Qur’an reveals,” And (remember) when thy Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their reins, their seed, and made them testify of themselves, (saying): Am I not your Lord? They said, Yea, verily. We testify. (That was) lest ye should say at the Day of Resurrection: Lo! Of this we were unaware; Or lest ye should say (It is ) only (that) our fathers ascribed partners to Allah of old and we were (their) seed after them . Wilt thou destroy us on account of that which those who follow falsehood did”? (Al-A’raf: 173)

That is why people do worship and want to bow down before a supernatural power, particularly before the Almighty, The Master of the world .The holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "No babe is born but upon Fitra (as a Muslim). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist" (Sahih Muslim).

This hadith reveals that every child is born upon the right nature i.e. Islam but his parents change his nature to the religion that they worship. Therefore the people do worship on the foot prints of their ancestors and do not think whether this way of worship is right or wrong? Notably, the right way of worship is that according to it Allah Almighty will take accountability from the people and will send them to Paradise or in Hell? No one will make excuse there that he did worship according to his ancestor’s way of worship therefore he was faultless.

Here a question arises: whether the recognition of the right way of worship (the religion of Islam) is so difficult that a common man cannot recognize it? So, according to the teachings of Islam, Allah the most High had inspired a knowledge of good and evil in the conscience of man as the holy Qur’an reveals,” And a soul and Him Who perfected it, And inspired it (with conscience of ) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it” (Ash=Shams: 8). Due to this inspiration, he can test what is the good and what is the evil in no time. For example, if someone is asked whether committing adultery, killing someone, accepting bribery or abusing someone is right act or wrong? He will reply without any hesitation that all these acts are wrong ones. Similarly, if asked whether establishing worship, giving charity, helping the needy, serving the parents are right or wrong actions? He will reply at once that all these actions are quite right and must to do. He will never say that,” I don’t know how these actions are! Whether they are right or wrong? I shall read my holy book first or shall ask to a scholar of my religion and then reply you.

By this Divine inspiration, every man knows the best about any religion that how much reality lies in its dogmas and whether it is according to human nature or not and mere a fiction? The holy Qur’an reveals, “So set thy purpose (O Mohammad) for religion as a man by nature upright----the nature (framed) of Allah, in which He hath created man. There is no altering (the laws of) Allah’s creation. That is the right religion, but most men know not---“(Ar-Room: 30).

Commentators say that the right way of worship is that: if someone will be left free to choose a religion by his own will, then he will choose the religion of Islam. Allah Has made the nature of every mankind the same. That is why every man recognizes Islamic beliefs as just fit for human nature. But this is another thing whether he accepts Islam or chooses another religion.

So Islam is the only religion that’s ‘seeds’ were scattered in the hearts of mankind since the creation of the universe and every man has an intense feeling of longing for it, and the success and salvation is only in Islam.

Last edited: