Remembrance Of Allah SWT

SonOfAdam

Staff member
"O you who believe, remember Allah with much rememberance." - Al-Ahzab 33:41

"And the men and women who remember Allah frequently, Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and great reward." - Al-Ahzab 33:35

"Therefore remember Me. I will remember you. Be grateful to Me and never show Me ingratitude" - Al-Baqarah 2:152

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "He who remembers his Lord and he who does not remember his Lord are like the living and the dead." - Al-Bukhari, cf., Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/208; Muslim 1/539 with the wording "The house in which Allah is remembered and the house in which Allah is not remembered is like the living and the dead."

And he said, "Allah the Most High says, 'I am with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in superior gathering. If he approaches Me by a hand's width, I approach him by an arm's length, I approach him by two arms length. And if he comes to me walking, I hasten to him swiftly.'" - Al-Bukhari 8/171, Muslim 4/2061; this wording is from Al-Bukhari.

And he said, "Shall I not inform you of the best of your works, the purest of them with your Master (Allah), the loftiest of them in your stations, the thing that is better for you than spending gold and silver (in charity), and better for you than meeting your enemies and slaying them and being slain by them?" They (the Companions) said, "Of course!" He said, "Rememberance of Allah, the Most high." - At-Tirmithi 5/459, Ibn Majah 2/1245. See Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/316 and Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/139.

anisafatima

“And he said: Lo! I have preferred the good things (of the world) to the remembrance of my Lord; till they were taken out of sight behind the curtain.” (38 Surat Suaad . Aayat32)

SonOfAdam

Staff member
wa iyaka

Sometimes we get caught up in dunya and need to take a step back and re-prioritize our lives. When we remember Allah and put our Trust in Him (Taqwa), Allah makes things easy for us and things always seem to fall into place regardless of how hard you work or not, kadr. We should always work hard as you can but then put your trust in Allah (meaning always try your best, but don't stress about it afterwards, leave it to Allah as you have already done your part and Allah will always give you what is best for you inshallah). I believe this is a saying of Ali RA, I was not able to find this though online, I read it in a book a long time back... does anyone know?

I look for this a few times but can never find it, 'Try your best and then put your trust in Allah'

anisafatima

Salam, this post is very sound from spiritual point of view. It is a saying that if a heart has no remembrance of Allah Almighty (SWT) then there is nothing in it and if it is then it is rich by all means.

fly on the wall

Salam!
Thank you brother.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.
I know this saying of Prophet (saw)
One day the Messenger of Allah (saws) noticed a desert Arab leaving his camel without tying it and he asked him: "Why don't you tie down your camel? he answered, "I put my trust in Allah." The Prophet (saws) then said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah"

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Jazzak Allahu Khairan, thank you fly on the wall, this has the same meaning as the one I seek. It must have been a commentary around this hadith which I am referring too, inshallah I know the book I read it in. I will try to find this hadith or commentary there (if I can find the book :) ).

It is easy to get caught up on the physical and outward aspects of ibada, i.e. salaht, fasting, hajj, etc. the motions and just getting it done because we need to and out of fear of Allah if we don't. But the real focus we should try to have is on the inward aspects of these actions, meaning to help us to remember Allah SWT and get closer to Him, so ultimately trying to make ourselves a better person and raise our ranks in Jennah. This is where the real ajr comes from, not just from the physical motions which are very important too. May Allah help us always remember Him. I am always at work and around non-Muslims where it is taboo to talk about religion, it has muted me and I feel dead and frustrated inside sometimes because I have to mute and ignore all my inner feelings of the deen and can't share them. Do you guys experience this too sometimes?

SonOfAdam

Staff member
I am leaving town for the weekend, so I don't think I can help right now, plus I don't know what you are asking. Practical Solutions to what?

fly on the wall

Oh thats alright. Have a safe journey. I have few questions in my mind on how to manage to stay focused on your deen in situations like that people take hold of your mind sometimes. I am talking about my working place. Practice makes you perfect i know but i believe we can also learn from the experience of those who are practicing Islam better than us. Il try putting my questions together In Sha Allah then will discuss In Sha Allah. I hope this will be helpful.