Responsibilities to our women

Muslimboy2222

asalam aleykum

Well after a long observation of what is going around the muslim world, i've come to wonder what's wrong with us men. i mean look at the way we are not following the teaching of quran & hadith. I am happy with the way we muslim men teach about the religion of islam & alot of other things, but after that we tend to be ignorant of other things especially how we treat our women. Most men think that women were made to please them & nothing else. If you are a brother and you are a part of such men, who mistreat your wives i urge you to change your behaviour for everyone will be judged on the judgement day, never ever forget that. i would like to say that i am sorry to all sisters who have come across the fate of such men. inshallah i hope that we be wise to overcome such ignorance & be kind to our women. pls share some of your opinions corncerning about this matter if you wish, but remember this is a discussion. If i am wrong of something pls do correct, i've only spoken on what i thought is an important issue to discuss with my fellow muslims.
Only Allah (swt) knws best

Waleykum Salam

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَ ـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu i do agree with you bro.

Hadith: (According to Aswad): was asked lady, Aaishah about the activities of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) at home. She told him that he was occupied with them in the household work. (Bukhari).

Hadith: (According to Lady Aaishah): "The Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) used to tie knots & repair his shoes, sow his clothes, and do all such household works just like an average person among you does". And he said, "he was one of the human beings (who did not live like a boss or lord at home). He would check for lice on his clothes (that they may not have come from someone else). He would milk the goat, do other household works as well as his personal work". (Trimizi)
Hadith: (According to Lady Aaishah): The Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) never beat (or battered) anyone, neither a women nor a servant. But the Holy war of defense was an exception. He never took revenge and always forgave those who caused him trouble or harm. But when an Islamic law was broken (or "Haram" was committed) then he would do justice and give punishment according to law (or Shari'ah) (Muslim).

Hadith: (According to Companion Ali, as narrated by his son Imam Hussain): When the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) retired to his home, he would divide his stay there in three parts: one for worshipping Allah, one for his family, and one for himself.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Salaam,

:ma:brother! That is true. Last sunday i want on school trip to Michigan mosque and the brother there :ma:gave good speech to my nonmuslim class as well as muslim about how muslim men are not take Islam responsible and other things toward sisters. That was amazing :ma:. My hope lay on my young Muslim brothers who are rise in nonMuslim countries. Anyways, thanks!

deepheart

asalam aleykum

Well after a long observation of what is going around the muslim world, i've come to wonder what's wrong with us men. i mean look at the way we are not following the teaching of quran & hadith. I am happy with the way we muslim men teach about the religion of islam & alot of other things, but after that we tend to be ignorant of other things especially how we treat our women. Most men think that women were made to please them & nothing else. If you are a brother and you are a part of such men, who mistreat your wives i urge you to change your behaviour for everyone will be charged on the judgement day, never ever forget that. i would like to say that i am sorry to all sisters who have come across the fate of such men. inshallah i hope that we be wise to overcome such ignorance & be kind to our women. pls share some of your opinions corncerning about this matter if you wish, but remember this is a discussion. If i am wrong of something pls do correct, i've only spoken on what i thought is an important issue to discuss with my fellow muslims.
Only Allah (swt) knws best

Waleykum Salam

Assalam alaikum,

you are right, brother. we need to look at the way we treat our women.

i've been to several Muslim communities and i've noticed that some brothers are so strict in their homes that even their wives are scared of them. our wives are supposed to be our garments - the closest thing to us. they should be our friends, not slaves.

lets get rid of all cultural practices that contradict Qur'an and Sunnah.

we should start with ourselves ( by treating our wives, sisters, mothers, daughters and all Muslim women well ) and then teach our sons to do same, Insha ALLAH we'll make a difference.

Mairo

Maryama
Wa aleikum salaam,

Masha Allah, thank you so much for sharing your sentiments. As your sister in Islam, I truly appreciate your concern regarding the treatment of women! May Allah reward you! And may you become a good example to those around you, and help to correct some of the misconceptions regarding the proper relationship between men and women/ husbands & wives in Islam.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts about this issue, which is a serious problem in our ummah today. I hope there will be many who will turn back to following the true guidance of our prophet, salla aleyhi wa salaam, in these matters.

God bless