Revalations BHUTTo assassination :another view point

MOSABJA

This story was taken from THE NEWS written by a very senior journalist ANSAR ABBASI.

ISLAMABAD: The US embassy in Islamabad has termed the reports connecting Washington to an international conspiracy behind Benazir Bhutto’s assassination “completely outrageous and unfounded” amid fresh revelations that the slain leader had established indirect contacts with Dr AQ Khan and Lt-Gen (retd) Hamid Gul shortly before her death.

US embassy spokesperson Elizabeth Colton, in response to written questions sent by The News on Wednesday, described the assassination as a tragedy for Pakistan and the whole world and said, “The suggestion of US involvement is completely outrageous and unfounded.”

Ms Colton was asked to comment on the growing perception in Pakistan that Ms Bhutto’s killing was part of an international conspiracy to which the US was said to be a leading part with the grand design of destabilising and denuclearising Pakistan.

When asked if Washington had “pressurised” Ms Bhutto to strike a deal with President Musharraf, a fact that has been confirmed by sources in her Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and also a top presidential aide, Colton said, “Our consistent interest is to see Pakistan succeed as a moderate, democratic country, led by the choice of the Pakistani people. We do not endorse particular candidates or parties. We are ready to work with whomever the Pakistani people choose to lead them.”

While the US embassy completely distanced itself from the growing perception in Pakistan that Islamabad was facing a serious international conspiracy to denuclearise Pakistan, a source having close relations with the slain chairperson of the PPP told this correspondent that Ms Bhutto had been punished for changing the script of the international conspirators as she wanted to save Pakistan from any damage.

The source, while referring to his meeting with Benazir shortly before her death, revealed that after her return to Pakistan ending her nine-year exile she had changed her policy and started distancing herself from what some leading world capitals wanted her to pursue.

Not only that she had developed indirect contacts with the likes of Baitullah Mehsud in South Waziristan as reported already to pursue a peaceful negotiated settlement of extremism instead of using force or letting any foreign country intervene, and also sent separate messages to both Dr AQ Khan and Hamid Gul.

The source also shared the names of two of the messengers but requested not to make these public. He said Gul, who was one of the four persons nominated by Ms Bhutto in her October 2007 letter sent to the president in case she was killed, was conveyed that Ms Bhutto was under pressure to include the former ISI chief’s name in the list.

Similarly, Dr AQ Khan, the source claimed, was conveyed to forget about her earlier statement that when in power she would give the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) access to the father of Pakistan’s nuclear bomb, who is under house arrest for more than four years.

Although, Dr AQ Khan or any of his immediate relation was not accessible to media persons to confirm such an indirect contact, the source said Benazir got back a message from the scientist, who was quoted to have said, “I consider you more than a daughter.”

Gul confirmed that he received Benazir’s message from two different sources associated with the PPP. He said he was told that Benazir did not want to include his name in the list of four, who were after her life.

The last message that he received, Gul disclosed, was delivered to him on December 24, three days before the assassination of Ms Bhutto. “The messenger told me that Benazir stated that Gen Sahib (Gul) would know what pressures she was referring to,” Gul said.

He said according to his information, Ms Bhutto had changed the script of the influential world capitals and for this very crime, she was assassinated. The former ISI chief, while offering himself for testimony before an independent commission comprising respected retired Supreme Court judges, said he had the conviction that Ms Bhutto was made a scapegoat by the international players conspiring against Pakistan.

Saying that Benazir’s killing was done in an extremely sophisticated and professional manner, he stated that to his reckoning it was a Mossad operation. He said knowing well that a popular leader like Ms Bhutto could not get along with Musharraf in the government, the international powers pressurised both sides to strike a deal. “It was nothing less than a dream theme but still done to assassinate Ms Bhutto to cause destabilisation in Pakistan.”

Referring to the statements of the US presidential candidates and the latest utterance of ElBaradei, the IAEA chief, Gul said all this was being done under the greater design against Pakistan’s nuclear programme.

Fingers are also pinted out at RAHMAN MALIK Bbs security adviser who was suspended for alleged collaboration with RAW.

One of the first acts of President Leghari after dismissing Benazir Bhutto on November 5, 1996 was to imprison the Ghulam Asghar, head of FIA, suspended on non-specified corruption charges. Rehman Malik, Addl. Director General FIA, was also arrested.

BB was though a liberal but US was feeling increasingly threatened by a possible betrayal by BB as she gave a statement that BIN LADIN was dead.Suggesting that an educated women like BB might have knows that 911 was a conspiracy.US thought that BB might betray it by going for a PEACE FULL settlement with TALIBAN whom she supported when she was in power.

They just didnt trust her as they trust Musharraf so they could not see BB replacing Musharraf.

Shahzad

ALLAH - O - Akber!!! this report may be very very true. US could be involved in this all. So as to destabilize pakistan.
I have heard that all of sudden after her assisination, some ppl of sindh started saying that "we dont want pakistan". Also, there was some racist advertisment by PPP regarding punjabis in those days. PPP later said that they didnt give that advertisement.

Now, considering all this, ur report might be correct. Gr8 Post brother. keep it coming.

taxhonesty

Info Warrior
My personal assessment of the assassination is that it was a destabilization exercise but in a little bit different sense than what the article might conclude. Bhutto was nothing more than a pawn. Cheney goes to Pakistan to visit Musharaff to ganer support for the push for war with Iran. Cheney was seeking the Muslim A-bomb and he wanted Musharff to go after the Taliban, a CIA creation, in western Pakistan. So with Bhutto and these elections there was an attempt to bludgeon Musharff into capitualting into a return to US policies. I have to go dig up some of these articles I was reading and post them for you all to read so you can see where I am coming from.

MOSABJA

It was an article written on THE NEWS and just today i read another comment by GEN MIRZA ASLAM BEG(retired chief of ARMY STAFF) and GEN HAMEED GUL(former Islamist ISI DG) saying that they know many things which point out that BB was actually BLUFFING the AMERICANS and she actually had no intention of crushing TALIBAN and abandoning the nuclear program her FATHER had started .she just said in her last speech that MY FATHER SAID WE WOULD EAT GRASS BUT ATTAIN NUKES.

So its not my view just a view of RETIRED GENERALS who know more than us Hameed Gul also said BB apologized her for naming her a suspect in 18 oct bomb blast.

SO US might have come to know about her secret contacts with HAMEED GUL,AQ KHAN and BAITULLAH so they decided to Kill her.

The two Generals also said that they would give their findings to commission which is IMPARTIAL.

Shahzad

Taliban , a CIA creation. are u sure abt that taxhonesty? wat benefits CIA could have achieved from them? Although pakistan got major benefit when they were there in afghanistan, All RAW and KHAD activities came to an end. It was very beneficial for pakistan in any sense.

Kayote

Salam,

I really found this interesting. Allah o alum if this is true or not. But one thing is for sure that America can never be fair to Islam and Islamic nations.

Thanks for sharing.

Salam