revert from hinduism

Shaiyad

Islamu ailikum wa ramatullah wa barakatuh (to everyone on the forum)

I have read various posts in the past on the lives of reverts to islam and found them very enlightening.

I plan to post my story in terms of how i reverted to Islam but i presently have a concern that i needed advice on.

I have reverted to islam (alhumdulillah) about 5-6 months back and have tried to be the best muslim i could possibly be but it comes with great difficulty. Don't get me wrong, Islam is not a difficult religion but my circumstances are peculiar. Let me start by stating that i am still living with my hindu parents and siblings. Also, they do not have any knowledge about my reversion. I have also married my girlfriend that i had known for 4 years before my marriage. I married her about 2-3 months back. Her and I both reverted to Islam together. My wife is also living with her parents still and no body knows about our marriage.

My wife's parents are very strict in terms of their daughter adhering to their beliefs. They also believe that Muslims are terrorists, liars, subjugate women, treat animals with cruelty, and are filthy and should not deserve to live in this country (canada). Often, her parents along with her uncles and aunts get together and literally bash muslims for a good 2-3 hours. My wife tells me that her parents would get violent (at first) if they ever found out she was a muslim or even got married without telling them but wouldn't threaten her life or anything.

My parents on the otherhand let me think more independantly. Although i know that they would not be happy with me converting to Islam because they would not know what to tell to their brothers and sisters or my cousins and other family, i dont feel that they would ever abandon me. Also, my parents are the type to say that religion is nothing but a guide and God is manmade and even the Vedas (the scriptures of hinduism) are manmade and meant to be a guide and nothing more. They want me to study hard right now as i am in university (starting my final year in september). My parents believe that religion itself is all political and has no real value although they label themselves as Hindu.

Our parents have all known about us being boyfriend-girlfriend for the last 1 year. They are completely happy with it for the most part and do not mind us getting married after we graduate from university. Our parents all interact and meet once in a while as well.

My wife and i live on campus presently at our university but we have a lot of trouble meeting. Her parents dont want us meeting indoors behind closed doors (which is completely understandable) but they dont know that we are already married so we do meet throughout the week. But if her parents happen to call, she has to say that i dropped her off at the door when im really still with her or when asked if i go to her place or if she comes to mine...she is forced to lie.

Also, she goes home on the weekends and when she does, she cannot pray properly. She is forced to pray in her mind or sitting up on her bed. Also, she cannot read the Quran because her parents mind find out. Also, she cannot cover her hair outside in case someone tells her parents.

We have trouble attending jummah without lieing as well. We usually have to report where we are going and on fridays, we are forced to lie in order to go to jummah. Also, there are various other cases that we must lie about in order to go on.

In fact, we have also been asked directly if we are muslim and we have lied by stating that we are not!

I constantly hear that a muslim can be many things but you are not muslim if u are a liar. Also, when i read the Quran, it says that who is better than one who stands up and says that we are muslims bowing our will to Allah. Also the Quran in some areas say that a believer who lives with the unbeliever becomes more like the unbeliever. Also, in chapter 4 verse 97 of the quran it says that that if you live with the unbeliever and die, then the angels will ask that sinning person why he committed all that he did...and the believer will reply that he was suppressed and the angels will ask back..."was the earth not big enough for you to emegrate therein?".

I know that we do not fear that our lives will be taken if we tell our parents who we are and about our marriage but we will face difficulty.

We have the option of either waiting until we graduate from university and then telling our parents or telling them immediately and facing the coming consequences.

I am not sure whether it is right to fear: financial stability, continuation of education, my future occupation, where i will live, etc. - which are all concerns that come up from telling our parents the truth about everything.

I really needed advice as to what i should do. Please let me know what is best for me.

May Allah reward you best