Reviews - Books, audio, movies etc

Kayote

:salam2:

I have hardly ever been into reading books & Alhumdulillah now that I have realised a little just how much there is to learn about Islam, I am really enjoying reading various books on Islam.

So, I was thinking that we need to have a review section here where we all review & advise eachother on the what books to read & ones we found most informative or inspirational etc. I thought it be best to see what you all have to say before I send an email Mabsoot's way (or other Mods :D).

Post your opinions. There are bound to be books you all have read & you wish the rest could share your respect for these books.

I myself have just finished 'Muhammad (pbup), His life based on earliest sources' & found it so beautiful. Countless times I cried (yes even on London buses to/from work) & I would love to write a review on it.

Second one Im reading is a book on a muslim revert & am already finding it to be a star buy.

So write away & let your opinion be heard!

:wasalam:

Kayote

:salam2:

Thanks for your post UmmTaymiyyah.

Its kind of sad that people donot read so many books out there. Hey, atleast I know ONE person & thats a start. :)

:wasalam:

ibnAbdullah87

I think that everyone muslim and muslimah should read the book The Three Fundamentals, It covers the three most important things that every human should know, who is your Lord?, What is your Religion?, who is your Prophet?. One should know this so that you will be able to answer the three questions which you will be asked in your grave. It is a good read and will increase ones understand of this Deen (way of life). The link to the book is posted below. It is not in book for or in PDF but it has all the information. Sorry for the delay and not posting about a book earlier.
http://www.troid.org/articles/islaamicinfo/newtoislaam/thestraightpath/thethreefundamentals.htm

Abu Juwairiya

I did not used to read as a child, but developed an interest in my teens and early twenties. At first, I read largely academic material for my education, but expanded into other areas as I became more absorbed in a variation of subjects.

Now I read both for leisure, for information and research and for self improvement in Deen and Duniya. I have since advanced into collecting, reading, reviewing and digesting e-books, which are more durable, easier to keep in storage, cross reference and above all, analyse.

As someone who is passionate about literature, I for one, am interested in reviewing books and sharing my thoughts, opinions and evaluations with others who are like minded and engaging in healthy, respectful and positive discussions.