Ring tones banned

hassenali

obedience to Allah
During a six day meeting, held under the chairmanship of the Grand Mufti Abdul aziz Al Asheik, the Islamic Jurisprudence Council has banned the use of the verses of the Holy Quran as ring tones for mobiles phones ,because it collides on the sacred character of the of the holy book. According to the scholars present at the meeting, I quote <it is demeaning and degrading to the verse of the Holy Book to stop abruptly in the middle of a recitation or neglecting the recitation, as happen when they are used as ringtones in the mobile phones. [source: Saudi Press Agency] 1.Jan.2008

Phoyage

:salam2:
So it is HARAM to use quran as ringtone?!
Can you explain it yourself.
What you get from this...
Because Saudi also said women are not alowed to drive cars...
which is wack!

Mephistus

which is wack!

I think they have a point, you should not interrupt the quran while it is being recited. Think about it!

hassana elkoussi

which is wack!

:salam2: Of course they have a point, not just for being interrupted, but bec the verse says, " And if the Quran is recited, then you should listen carefully , so you can have mercy."

Salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
which is wack!

Salaam alikom

Brother before you argue you need to be nice in the way you arguing, the brother didnt bring anything from him self he is just delievering a message.

The second thing they just have more knowledge than you or me in Islamic matter they never said its not allowed for women to drive they said if there is a fitnah for her or for people then its not allowed but if there isnt any fittnah there isnt any problem. Allah knows best.

As for Quran Ring tone just think by your self if in case your phone ring and you are in the rest room, would you like the Quran to be recited in a rest room?

Beside a phone ring with a Quran verses will you wait till the whole verses finished or you just answer cutting off the verse and not even paying attention to what the verse is saying, we get emotional so fast that we cant think why the scholars banning certain things.

May Allah guide us All,

wa salaam

wanderer

Though I am not a Muslim, I can see where they are coming from, it would be to the Christian interrupting John 3:16 or to a follower of the Jewish faith a passage of the Torah. I'll still to my ring tone.

If you want you could always have your phones wall-paper be Islamic in nature.

aidanism

yeah if you're in the toilet and your phone rings. It's really disrespectful.
Also, just a story...The other day, I nearly broke my fast because someones phone went off and her ringtone was the Athan. It was almost time for iftar but Alhamdulillah, someone stopped me before I broke my fast.
So I think people have to be careful when using not just quranic verses but even nasheeds with the names of Allah swt in it.

maryjo

i agree 100% with what the sheikh's had to say,i found it wrong to do so even before i read this thread.

Musulmanin

Assalam Alleikum

I totally agree that Quran should not be used as ringtone.

It seems as people who use Quran as rigntone do it to feel "more" muslim. Having quranic verses at ringtone does not make one a better muslim. :astag:

And the example with the bathroom is one of many good, straight examples for those who lack the understanding why Quran should not be used for entertainment. :astag:

Thanks for the post

Wasalam

salek

brother, you got emotional so fast what made me upset. our beautiful religion teaches us to be humble and modest. we have to love allah allmighty and holly quran.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i've read several fatawaa that have been issued that mentions that it would be haram to have the quran as a ringtone. they didn't mention that having the quran software program to read it or listen to was wrong, but the ringtone was inappropriate.
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
which is wack!

i agree with the banning of ringtones of the quran on cell. i mean think about it. you're sitting on the toilet or in the bathroom and it rings. besides when people use the quran verses as ring tones, many of them do not pay attention to what the verse is actually talking about or what is being said. they will conversate over it if they wish. and this is a great disrespect against the quran. It's the words of Allah, they're not to be trashed or ignored. If someone loves the quran truly, then they would recite it day and night, not use it as a ringtone and leave it "hanging". asalamu alaykum wrwb and sorry for any offensive things i may have said. :salam2: