Ruling on leaving a tattoo on the body or a gold tooth after finding out that it is..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Ruling on leaving a tattoo on the body or a gold tooth after finding out that it is haraam

Question:
What is the ruling on leaving a tattoo on the body after finding out that it is haraam? Also what about leaving a gold tooth which a Muslim had done when he was unaware (of the ruling), but if he has it removed after knowing that it is haraam, it will leave a gap in his mouth?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.​
Please note that tattoos on the body are haraam, because it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who makes hair extensions and the one who asks for that to be done, and the one who does tattoos and the one who asks for them to be done. If a Muslim does that when he is unaware of the fact that it is haraam, or that is done to him when he is a child, then he has to remove it when he comes to know that it is haraam. But if removing it is too difficult or will cause him harm, then it is sufficient for him to repent and seek forgiveness, and it will not matter if he leaves the mark on his body. With regard to having a gold tooth fitted when it is not needed, this is not permissible, because gold is haraam for men, unless there it is necessary for some valid reason. I understood from your question that you did that for the purpose of beautification, so you have to remove it. You can have it replaced with something else that is made of permissible material, other than gold. May Allaah help us all to do that which pleases Him. Wa’l-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah wa barakaatuhu.​

Shaykh ‘Abd-Alazeez ibn Baaz

Source : IslamQA

:salam2:
:jazaak: for this post:)
You know one day i saw a report in Tv which showed some christians who repent in South America removed tattoos by traditional method i.e. by burning tattoos which are on skin. And the Church gives an advise for them to remove tattoos.

For muslim, those of them who have money :) and want to repent and remove tattoos, i think that today there is lazer technology which help to remove tattoos but it's so expensive.:frown:
:wasalam:

g4orce1

brother im sure that i have a read a hadith stating that u can get a gold tooth to replace a broken or bad tooth. please clarify it

ctfatimah

thank you for the article

:salam2:

:ma: Islam is a wonderful religion. May ALLAH bless us the Ummah and accept all our tawbah and repentance for the rest of our lives.:astag:

wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
salaam...

In this fatwa NO HADHESS mentioned to support the issue.....

Can you please post the Hadhess that prevented TATOOS ?... Then we can learn those hadhees from here........

Jasakkllaah hairan.....

Assalmau allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I hope Inshallah you will find here better explination why tattos, or expensing hair is forbidden in Islaam tooken from authentic haadith from the book Riyad as-Salihin (The Meadows of the Righteous).

May Allah bless you dear brother and help you find your answers.

:wasalam:

1642. Asma' reported that a woman asked the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "O Messenger of Allah, my daughter was afflicted by measles and her hair fell out. I have given her in marriage, can I join on other hair to hers?" He said, "Allah has cursed anyone who joins hair together and the person to whose hair it is joined." [Agreed upon]

One variant has, "The woman who joins hair and the woman who asks for it to be done."

The like of it is related from 'A'isha. [Agreed upon]

1643. Humayd ibn 'Abdu'r-Rahman reported that he heard Mu'awiya on the minbar in the year when he made pilgrimage. He took a bunch of hair which was in the hand of a guard and said, "O people of Madina! Where are your men of knowledge? I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbid the like of this and say, 'The tribe of Israel was destroyed when their women adopted this.'" [Agreed upon]

1644. Ibn 'Umar reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, cursed anyone who joins hair together and the person asks for it to be joined, and the tattooer and the woman who is tattooed. [Agreed upon]

1645. Ibn Mas'ud said, "Allah curses women who tattoo and are tattoed, women who pluck their eyebrows, and women who file their teeth to make gaps for beauty, altering Allah's creation!" A woman spoke to him about that and he said, "Why should I not curse those the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, cursed when that is in the Book of Allah? Allah Almighty says, 'So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.' (59:7)" Agreed upon