Sacramento Christian congregation to celebrate Easter at Islamic Center

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I would be perturbed.

The Easter service is confounding to say the least.

Brother,

Do we really want to share a space wherein semi-pagan rituals will take place in a space reserved to worship Allah subhana wa taala. I mean the Communion itself is shirk. The body and blood are being ingested and swallowed. This is not wafer and wine. It becomes blood and body.

How does one cleanse the building for salah after such a ritual. I am not being facetious nor coy. I am responding seriously.

John Smith

Assalaam walaikum,

I would be perturbed.

The Easter service is confounding to say the least.

Brother,

Do we really want to share a space wherein semi-pagan rituals will take place in a space reserved to worship Allah subhana wa taala. I mean the Communion itself is shirk. The body and blood are being ingested and swallowed. This is not wafer and wine. It becomes blood and body.

How does one cleanse the building for salah after such a ritual. I am not being facetious nor coy. I am responding seriously.

But according to some earlier post it's not like it's a salafi masjid now is it? wont make squat of a difference if shirk or sufiyism is already taking place there right?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Forgive me, you are correct.

You can not play games, let alone in the place that has been designated by the community to be the masjid, with Allah subhana wa taala.

One of my favorite hadith is of the black sister who swept the masjid..and the Prophet, swas, prayed for her.

Gotta keep that masjid blingy clean. It has to start with the intention.

John Smith

Didn't Yusuf Estes give a sermon in a Texan church on a sunday?

Muslims have become too reactionary and need to look at the bigger picture.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Aren´t churches and mosques just as buildings where people pray, not as holy places?

If place where we pray is automaticly holy then I have to say my living room is holy place as I pray there.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Not holy sister..but clean...I guess it is a matter of semantics...do Muslims consider churches to be places where we can pray. Lots of opinions out there. And some scholars have said no.

John Smith

Assalaam walaikum,

Not holy sister..but clean...I guess it is a matter of semantics...do Muslims consider churches to be places where we can pray. Lots of opinions out there. And some scholars have said no.

When Umar (RA) enterned Jerusalem did the christians priest not offer him a church to pray in but he declined stating that if he were to pray in that church there would be no church there tomorrow as the muslims will all pray in it?

He never declined calling it unholy or filthy but respected other beliefs right to prayer.

Has anyone read the covenant of Umar (RA) on entering the old city?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Point well taken,

However,
I am simply thinking..( that's about all I can do) it is better to use separate facilities if given the opportunity.

From a very practical point of view...it is easier to keep something clean if it is halaal than to have to clean something where shirk has been committed.

In the rituals of Christianity, as it is practiced in its multicultural interpretations, shirk is committed.

This is not an intellectual discussion but a practical discussion. I just like a clean masjid. It is less work.

Sister Harb..not holy but clean...we are told to keep our place of worship clean.

Maybe we need a discussion on what the word clean in Islam means.

InshaAllah, everyone have a good day..I'll catch up with ya'll later on. It's coffee, eggs, hash brown, turkey bacon and muffin time...InshaAllah, I will be able to cook with Sister Harb and we would throw you a feast.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

I agree with dear sister Aapa so much. I hade some time ago a discussion with my colegue, i tryed to speek with her about islam and at first she was attacking islam, then when she saw i am right she started to say why i dont just respect other`s people choices and religion ? This made me reflect because i was not disrespectfull, in contrary, i always take care not to offend other and i am very peacefull....i care about her, i try to open her eyes to the truth, instead of just agree with her that is everyones right to have his own religion, when i know the only religion is islam, alhamdullilah.

Dont we respect more and show more care for the others when we are concern for theyr lifes and afterlifes instead of just accepting happily theyr confusion and the fact that they are fed with lies for generation ?

Dear brothers and sisters, why people cant see that if we encourage them in this shirk we in fact, encourage them on a wrong way, way that leads to Hell?
When i care about people, i try to speek the truth and show something that will benefit them, instead of agree with wrong, haram things for the sake of friendship.
May Allah forgive me if i say something wrong, but to accept interfaith friendship for me is stepping on my heart. I am muslim, alhamdullilah

:salam2:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Why would you be upset?

What's wrong with sharing?

Islam came to eradicate falsehood not to support falsehood or to be in peaceful co-existence.

if we respect other, in this manner, then why dawah, let them do whatever they want. and if this was the case, then how would people who are coming to Islam?

Islam is a religion of peace, not compromise.

but the word Islam doesn't mean peace.
it means submission, by which peace can be gained, only.

if munkar doesn;t make us upset, then there is a problem i guess.

isn't worshiping anyone beside Allah, is the biggest dhulm?

how can we tolerate that then?

and if you are talking about the contract of Umar radhi Allahu anhu, then why don't we talk about other points as well? about the non muslim rights and muslims rights also. giving the non muslims their rights doesn't mean that we have to ensure them prior to muslim rights and ensuring them rights more than muslims.

barakAllahu feekum
wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llah

if you are asking me, indeed i'll answer, go to the conext of the revelation of the Surah.

go and check the background or platfor of the revelation of the soorah.

and if you are trying to refute me or putting into an argument, then you can be with your thoughts, i have nothing to say. it's your way, your belief.

Non-muslims, the west (nothing against the general people) have devided us, muslims into four catagories, if you have time go through that also, not a joke, an official report from the RAND organization. they have written books after books, for peaceful co-existance. it sounds nice, but the way they have plotted, that is as nasty as they are.

wa barakAllahu feekum
wassalamun 'alayka

John Smith

as salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llah

if you are asking me, indeed i'll answer, go to the conext of the revelation of the Surah.

go and check the background or platfor of the revelation of the soorah.

and if you are trying to refute me or putting into an argument, then you can be with your thoughts, i have nothing to say. it's your way, your belief.

Non-muslims, the west (nothing against the general people) have devided us, muslims into four catagories, if you have time go through that also, not a joke, an official report from the RAND organization. they have written books after books, for peaceful co-existance. it sounds nice, but the way they have plotted, that is as nasty as they are.

wa barakAllahu feekum
wassalamun 'alayka

Nobody is looking for an argument here just some answers.

Im not interested in Rand or any organization just want simple logic.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is not for debate but rather knowledge.

And is this not one of the sura's recommended to be recited for fajr?

( sorry...but I have a thing about something being clean...it is just easier to pray in a place that has the continued blessings of Allah and the presence of His Angels....easier to ask for forgiveness.)

I know there is debate about us even entering churches. This issue is buried here on TTI. I was corrected about the issue. I stopped attending funerals of the non-Believers. That was a tough one.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

This is not for debate but rather knowledge.

And is this not one of the sura's recommended to be recited for fajr?

wa 'alaykum as salam warahamtu-llahi w wabarakatuhu

yes, along with suratul ikhlas.

in two rakahs before fajr and two rakahs after maghrib. Ibn kathir recorded this in his tafsir.
as far i remember.

and thus these two surahs has become the most recited soorah by Prophet Muhammad salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam in one day.

barakAllahu feekum
wassalamun 'alay

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Please give us an explanation of the sura. I am always starving for knowledge. Because once I have knowledge I can act in the correct manner.