Saddam Hussein expected to be "as early as today"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Saddam's execution punishes "a crime with another crime. ... The death penalty is not a natural death. And no one can give death, not even the state." — Cardinal Renato Martino

:salam2:
The full story here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2759513&page=1

Saddam Hussein is expected to be hanged by Sunday says a news station I was watching this morning. However, many other news sources say, rather, "over the weekend" or "on December 31st".

The United States will keep him in custody until he dies. They will guard him all the way until he dies so as to "not have to find him in a hole again" (so said an unnamed official).

The United States military is currently bracing for an all-out onslaught from "Sunni Insurgents" for revenge reasons (they think that since Saddam gave power to the Sunnis, the Sunnis loved him (even though Saddam made no distinction among Sunnis or Shi'ites, men or women when he ordered genocide...).

The U.S. military is expected Sunnis to start attacks on Shi'ites because the U.S. is taking power away from the Sunnis and giving it to the Shi'ites (something pretty obvious).

Saddam said that he's "ready to die".

What are your thoughts about this?

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yahoo says Saturday

(time differences... mebbe in few hours??)​

Hope this doesn't sound mean, but i'm tired of all this, so frankly ... I don't care​

wassalam..​

Marwa17

i agree with you sister samiha...whether he's dead or alive it's not like he's pulling any strings or anything...
It's still amazing though how much he was humiliated in the end...
Anyone here ever read Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe...lol...If you have, Saddam's story kinda reminds me of the story of the guy in that book...Except at the end of the book the guy hanged himself; but either way he was going to get killed...so, yea...
I think when this story is going to be written down in iraqi history, it won't be that america came and liberated them...it will be that america came and humiliated them...
Many people believe that america is losing reputation in the world...i agree...All it takes is one wrong move for everything to collapse...we've seen that repeatedly in history
Right now people view america as this great empire...they don't realize that america is less than 300 years old...numerous empires in history have lasted longer and as history teaches us..all of them were driven to their knees sooner or later...
Anyways, lol...i kinda started saying random thoughts there
Also, that whole thing with the letter saddam wrote to his people telling them not to hate the americans...that's the funnies thing since forever...like if america really believes the people wanted saddam dead, then wouldn't that letter be just like oh let's go kill them to make him turn in his grave...lol
Anyways, I think death is not a funny issue...it's serious...and as muslims, we should never wish humiliation and death on any person...Only Allah knows Saddam's true crimes and he will judge him like he will judge all of us...him being president of iraq will not play a role in how he will be judged...allah is fair to all of us...May he have mercy on our souls...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

The irony is that more people are being tortured and killed every day then they were in the time of Saddam Hussein!

The literally Shiite filled Iraqi government, runs death squads and carries out great abuses against all those that oppose their idea of governance.

Saddam Hussein was A Murderer and he was not Muslim. He was a Baathis communist. They do not believe in God. Although, they may mention Islam when they need to in order to try and win over supporters.

Bush, Blair, Putin and many others have carried out just as bad atrocities. Look at Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan and their continuing lies, misinformation and sickening foreign policies.

If anyone was to be tried for crimes, it should have been them! It was the CIA which put Saddam Hussein in Power in the First place, it was the USA, the UK, France, Russia who helped give Saddam hussein Chemical weapons to kill the Kurds and the Iranians. They did not care, infact the British used Chemical weapons against the Kurds in the early 20th Century, Churchill himself backed the use of chemical weapons against civillians!

Its all one-sided rubbish and nonsense. Murderers and State terrorists accusing other smaller murderers who they themselves once called friends.

There are many State terrorists roaming around, and you will perhaps see a few appearing on TV when you watch the news. They may be smiling and wearing suits and saying jokes, but remember their actions represent repression and suffering for many around the world:

Just a few examples of their evil, which if you do a little research you can find out more>
  • trade policies they place on poor African nations,
  • their keeping silent about their allies who torture and murder people
  • (this is from the Russian Abuse of Chechens, the Israelis massacring and taking over Palestinian lands
  • through to lesser known Uzbekistan which boils young Muslim men alive),
  • the various illegal torture and detention centres where prisoners have no legal representation and are secretly held,
  • the lying done to their own people and making them go to war.
  • Open use of torture against prisoners, even beating many to death. This has happened in Guantanamo bay, Afghanistan and Iraq to many unfortunate innocent people.
  • history of teaching brutal dictators torture and assassination techniques. (look into the School of Americas and how they helped train South American death squads! and War Criminal Generals)
  • Finally, going to war to make lots of money $$$$$. Iraq does not mean freedom, or greater rights for Iraqis and Muslims. It means Rumsfeld, Rice, Bush, Cheney and others get to fill their pockets by the Oil contracts, Gas pipelines, reconstruction, bombs they dropped, the weapons they sold, for each of these individuals holds significant positions in various firms that are operating in Iraq.

So, those who laugh at Muslims and say bad and incorrect things about us. The Joke is on you for being so foolish, arrogant and hard-hearted because they making a dime at the expense of your kids!

Wasalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:wasalam:
I agree, Brother Mabsoot. It's a common misconception that the Ba'aths were Muslim, but they were Atheist. As you said, they used Islam only to make themselves appear as the saviors of Islam.

I was thinking the same thing to myself. If Saddam is to be hanged, then Bush ought to be hanged. Not did he seize power illegally (he wasn't elected in his first term in office), but he also started a war that directly lead to over 50,000 civilian deaths (alone) and thousands of hate crimes worldwide against "those Mawzlem Terrorists".

Putin still is living in the Cold War era, except this time it's not an arms race but a killing race.

Blair, however, should be spared. He just listens to what Bush tells him. It's as if killing the dog when the master told it to attack.

allmuslimsrequal

New Muslim: I agree with you wholeheartedly on this matter.
You know what? My cousin joined the reserves and he was told that NO he would not have to serve in Iraq. Guess what happened soon after he signed himself on- He Was sent to Iraq.

Most of the soldiers dont even know what they are there for anymore.
They are like disposable chess pieces - set up in their places to benefit the overseers of Government -- (explained in Mabsoots post.) There was obviously motives behind the Iraqi onslaught that had nothing at all to do with Sadam as a leader.

I just saw on my tv that he will be executed by 10 pm tonight (by my time)
which is aprox. 6 am Iraqi time.

Allah (Swt) will judge all of us in the end. That includes Sadam, Bush, and all involved in these retarded politics. May Allah (swt) help us all during these crazy times, and strengthen our deen.

aliff

Saddam hossain executed today according to some al-arabiya media's :O. Its even more hypocritical to see CNN still claims iraq situation will now stabilize since saddam has been executed :mad: :mad:

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
Well...Even most of Islamic countries do testify that Saddam was a tyrant.I believe that Muslims should actually follow the Teachings of Islam.No true Muslim leader would ever kill innocent Muslims on basis of discrimination. Behind the execution of Saddam, there is a huge conspiracy.The execution marks the victory of Kurds over Iraqis, which would further enhance the growing Kurd power aided by West.This would lead to a bloody Civil war.Not only this, if you wonder that once Saddam was West's best ally.Now, have a look at him?He's under their arms struggling for his survival whille allegations are hurled against him.This is the fate of those who kill Muslims with the support of the true enemies.They create confusion, bloodshed and hatred.This is prohibited in Islam.Plus, Saddam's policies were Nationalistic not Islamic. Do you remember his War against Iran and the Capturing of Kuwait.That does not signify a picture of a Just and a great leader.

Our Strength is Islam.If we do not recognise it now then no one can stop our Resources going into the hands of the west.We will suffer alot.Poverty, famine and diseases, corruption and opression would be everywhere.Our character should be one of our strongest weapon in wiping the Misconceptions about Islam.Seek refuge with Allah against Satan and his Party of Mischeif.May Allah be our Protector and Helper, Ameen!!!

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
Saddam Hussein ,a Baathist? I have heard that many times.I believe Mahmood Abbas is also a Baathist(As per media).Why would or else he create enmity and divide the Palestinians which would weaken the Palestinian bond of brotherhood.May Allah grant the Palestinians victory over the Jews, Ameen!

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Saddam was executed already. And right before Eid. There's going to be mass chaos between Sunnis and Shi'ites in Iraq now...

Where did Saddam go? Obviously he was an Atheist or he knew there was a God but decided to not worship Him. During his trial, though, he started praying and bringing/reading his Qur'an in court. May Allah forgive all those who honestly turned to Him and felt sorry for their sins/repented. Ameen. For Allah forgives sins no matter how great as long as you are sincere.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Saddam was executed already. And right before Eid. There's going to be mass chaos between Sunnis and Shi'ites in Iraq now...

You are mentioning this war between sunnis and shiites quite alot. I dont think this is a constructive approach. I hope you will avoide magnifying matters of division between muslims. I don't see anything constructive about your thread for muslims.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
You are mentioning this war between sunnis and shiites quite alot. I dont think this is a constructive approach. I hope you will avoide magnifying matters of division between muslims. I don't see anything constructive about your thread for muslims.

Why should we ignore it? The Christians did, and look how many sects they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.