Salaam and Help

Beginner

Asslamu Aliakum

I need help. I'm trying to practise Islam but I'm finding it so hard. I believe that Islam is the truth. There is no doubt in my heart and my mind. Absolutely no doubt.

I think I'm finding it difficult to practise Islam because I am trying to do too much at once. In the past I have suffered from mental disorders which caused long-term effects. I suffer from depression and anxiety (agoraphobia). I think I may suffer from OCD and a personality disorder. These mental health conditions may have arisen due to being abused as a child and experiencing learning difficulties. All of this increases the difficulty of practising Islam.

There is another issue but I'm not confident to talk about it.

I am recovering and it will take a while. I want to know how to practise Islam. Should I implement all of its teachings at once or should I take small steps? What are the most important steps to take?

a_stranger

The most important beginning is to witness from all your heart sincerily : No God but Allah , Muhammad is a messanger of Allah . Then try to feel the bounties Allah has given you within yourself and all around you and thank Allah for everything. Then the most important practice in Islam is the daily five prayers . Try to pray with a heart , concentrate of the meanings of the prayers, try to humiliate yourself in front of Allah ....try to feel the sweetness of prayers, the light will shine within your heart . Don't be in a hurry ....step by step things will be more clear. First the prayers.

Abdur-Rahman2

Wa’alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh my brother. Welcome to the religion :SMILY206: and to our beautiful way of life. May Allah make it easy for you to practice the religion and keep you steadfast on the right path. And may He cure of your illnesses. The first most important step is to learn how to pray and from there you take small steps here and there and learn other things and implement them as you move along through your journey. Also, I suggest you sign up at this site here (http://newmuslimacademy.org), as it will help you to further grow and learn more about your religion. Take care my friend, and don't stress yourself too much.

a_stranger

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Take up good deeds only as much as you are able, for the best deeds are those done regularly even if they are few.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 4240