SALAHUDIN AYOUBI, a legend

helpinghumanity

Saladin, the Western name for the ruler Salah al-Din ibn Ayyub, was the great Muslim general who confronted the Crusaders in the Near East. Born to a Kurdish family active in Syria, Saladin reestablished a Sunni regime in Egypt in 1171 by putting an end to the last Shiite Fatimid caliph there.

Saladin, now sultan of Egypt, returned to Syria and soon captured Damascus, Aleppo, and Mosul from other Muslim princes. From this strong Syrian base, he then turned against the Crusaders, decisively defeating them at the battle of Hattin on July 4, 1187. The victory at Hattin was followed by the easy recon quest of various Crusader lands and towns, above all the holy city of Jerusalem, which had been in Christian hands for 88 years. Saladin waited to take possession of the city until October 2, because the date corresponded with the anniversary of the Prophet's miraculous ascension to heaven, according to the Muslim calendar. In contrast to the Crusaders' bloodbath when they had taken Jerusalem, Saladin acted with great magnanimity to the Christian and Jewish residents. He forced the Franks to retreat to the coast of Syria and Palestine. In 1192 he signed a truce with Richard the Lionhearted. He died in the following year, but his descendants in the Ayyubid dynasty continued to rule in Egypt and Syria for several generations. Considered the model prince by Muslim admirers and Christian foes alike, Saladin has been memorialized in history and legend to the present day.

SOURCE:
http://www.pbs.org/empires/islam/profilessaladin.html

PART 1:

[yt]o6LXbfZZ2JQ[/yt]

PART 2:

[YT]NR9Sbv7Rs8M[/YT]

PART 3:
[YT]BzMfC7XKt2g[/YT]

PART 4:
[YT]Zl9SmnPsSIo[/YT]

PART 5:
[YT]mLjNvpCbY0s[/YT]

PART 6:
[YT]-9jVrU9Er74[/YT]

PART 7:
[YT]3VvLu5d1G6Y&feature[/YT]

PART 8:
[YT]2kbMwV_xALI&feature[/YT]

PART 9:
[YT]FRcnSroQvWc&feature[/YT]

PART 10:
[YT]zPXcdp5gsuI&feature[/YT]

Robab

daughter of Adam
jazakallah

Aslam o alicom.
brother i look ur many threads r very admirable.this thread is very interesting and valuable.it is good thinking to know about our history.our muslims heroes r very brave and energetic.so i like it very much.so jazakallah for this sharing.May allah give u best reward and give u success in every part of ur life.ameen

helpinghumanity

Aslam o alicom.
brother i look ur many threads r very admirable.this thread is very interesting and valuable.it is good thinking to know about our history.our muslims heroes r very brave and energetic.so i like it very much.so jazakallah for this sharing.May allah give u best reward and give u success in every part of ur life.ameen

:wasalam: sister:

Thank you very much for your encouraging words. May Allah accept your duaas that you made for me first for you and then for me.

Indeed it is very vital for us to know our past and learn how we had those glorious day. What we did and from what we abstained. By learning from our mistakes we can definately (inshallah) have a glorious future....inshallah..

keep on remembering me in your duaas AND sorry for the delayed response.