Salam- Where to find solace

almouchie

Salam to all u muslim brothers & sisters

A good muslim friend told me to recite Quran when I told him I am bored.
Maybe its just me but when I am feeling bad or just generally unwell, I cannt seem to be able to use these means as a solace, pray, read Quran or du3a.

I need to be in a good state of mind to be able to do that, sometimes I think i might be a hypocrite for reverting to Allah & reciting Quran only when I need help, or in a moment of weakness.

For the past month the war in Lebaon has taken its toll on us, we are drained mentally & pyhsciologically as well.

I am new to the site & surfed a bit when i had internet connection.
i am hoping for some interaction to relieve the boredom & frustration.
I will pray Aisha & hope I find someone replying

salam & thanks for ur time
lulu from Beirut

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
salam alkoum

wellcome our sister / lulu

<1st> All Muslim 4m all world Do3a2 4 all pepoles in from Lebanon

<2nd >

quran14_1.gif

"Alif Laam Raa. A book which we have revealed to you (Muhammad) so that you may lead the people from out of the darknesses into the light by their Lord's leave to the path of the All-Mighty, the Praiseworthy." [Qur'an 14:1]
===============

The Qur'an ("Qor-Ann") is a Message from Allah to humanity. It was transmitted to us in a chain starting from the Almighty Himself (swt) to the angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad (saas). This message was given to the Prophet (saas) in pieces over a period spanning approximately 23 years (610 CE to 622 CE). The Prophet (saas) was 40 years old when the Qur'an began to be revealed to him, and he was 63 when the revelation was completed. The language of the original message was Arabic, but it has been translated into many other languages.

The Qur'an is one leg of two which form the basis of Islam. The second leg is the Sunnah of the Prophet (saas). What makes the Qur'an different from the Sunnah is primarily its form. Unlike the Sunnah, the Qur'an is quite literally the Word of Allah, whereas the Sunnah was inspired by Allah but the wording and actions are the Prophet's. The Qur'an has not been expressed using any human's words. Its wording is letter for letter fixed by no one but Allah.

Prophet Muhammad (saas) was the final Messenger of Allah to humanity, and therefore the Qur'an is the last Message which Allah has sent to us. Its predecessors such as the Torah, Psalms, and Gospels have all been superceded. It is an obligation - and blessing - for all who hear of the Qur'an and Islam to investigate it and evaluate it for themselves. Allah has guaranteed that He will protect the Qur'an from human tampering, and today's readers can find exact copies of it all over the world. The Qur'an of today is the same as the Qur'an revealed to Muhammad (saas).

but when I am feeling bad or just generally unwell, I cannt seem to be able to use these means as a solace, pray, read Quran or du3a.

What can you do in one minute?

Praise be to Allaah.

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person’s life carries the potential to raise his own status and to make his people happier, little by little.

If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then forget about relaxing and keep away from empty amusement.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it:

Strive to make the most of each minute

If you forget it, you forget the most important thing, the truth.

There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah:

1. 1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs – all of that in one minute.

2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’aan 2400 times.

3. You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.

5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa’eel.

6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

8. The Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

9. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.

10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.

11. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100 times by saying “Astaghfir-Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.

13. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.

14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.

17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.

18. You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the books of du’aa’, in one minute.

19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.

20. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.

21. You can enjoin something good in one minute.

22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.

23. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.

24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.

25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.

Al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry

Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?

Finally, the more sincere you are towards Allaah and the more aware you are of Him, the greater will be your reward and the more your hasanaat will increase.

Note that most of these actions will not cost you anything; they do not require tahaarah (purity) and they will not tire you out or take much effort. On the contrary, you can do them whilst you are walking, or in your car, or lying down, or standing, or sitting, or waiting for somebody.

These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

<salam>

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
almouchie said:

Salam to all u muslim brothers & sisters

Maybe its just me but when I am feeling bad or just generally unwell, I cannt seem to be able to use these means as a solace, pray, read Quran or du3a.

I need to be in a good state of mind to be able to do that, sometimes I think i might be a hypocrite for reverting to Allah & reciting Quran only when I need help, or in a moment of weakness.

For the past month the war in Lebaon has taken its toll on us, we are drained mentally & pyhsciologically as well.

I am new to the site & surfed a bit when i had internet connection.
i am hoping for some interaction to relieve the boredom & frustration.
I will pray Aisha & hope I find someone replying

salam & thanks for ur time
lulu from Beirut

Wa alaykum Salam,

Its such a shame the amount of damage and loss to these beautiful countries. I was in Lebanon last year and i remember just how much potential it has and how it had been developed .. May Allah help the Muslims in Lebanon, Palestine and else where. InshaAllah things will get better... I hope really much so.

Alhamdulilah there has been good answer in this thread already,

I would like to add that it is completely normal for a Muslim to feel that way. The Eemaan, or level of belief can go up and down and its important for us to keep the rememberance of Allah and do actions which can keep our Eemaan high. Basically, we need to make an effort and understand importance of Allah and Islam in our lives... and do our actions accordingly.

Also, you can make it a habit of listening to Quran recitation, this is beneficial as the Quran is the way to soften our hearts and to keep the rememberance of Allah, (swT)....

I like this recitor he is really nice:

Sa3d al Ghamidi Quran Set:
http://english.islamway.com/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=5

There is a list of different Quran Sites here:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305

Read the Following Hadith, you will see some important points covered, subhanallah.

A Time for This and a Time for That

From Hanzalah al-Usayyidee who said:

"Abu Bakr met me and asked: How are you O Hanzalah? I Replied: Hanzalah is guilty of hypocrisy! He said: Free is Allâh and far removed from all defects! What are you saying? I said: When we are with Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) and he reminds us of the Fire and Paradise it is as if we were seeing it with our own eyes. Then when we depart from Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) and attend our wives, our children and our business, then much of this slips from our mind.

Abu Bakr said: By Allâh we also experience the same. So I went with Abu Bakr until we entered upon Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam). I said: Hanzalah is guilty of hypocrisy O Messenger of Allâh (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam). So Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) said: And how is that? I said When we are with you, you remind us of the Fire and of Paradise and it is as if we are seeing it with our own eyes. Then when we depart from you and attend our wives, our children and our business then much of this slips from our minds.

So Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam said: By Him in whose hand is my soul if you remained continually as you are when you are with me and in remembering (Allâh) then the angels would shake hands with you upon your beds and upon your roads. But O Hanzalah, (there is) a time for this and a time for that, (there is) a time for this and a time for that, (there is) a time for this and a time for that." ((Reported by Muslim (Eng. Trans. Vol.4, p.1436, no.6223) )

Here are some more nice Hadith you Can Read inshaAllah

From Nu'maan ibn Basheer (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger said:
"Supplication (ad-Du'aa) is worship, your Lord the Mighty and Majestic said: 'Call upon Me – I will respond to your invocation.'1 " 2
  1. Soorah Ghaafir (40):60
  2. Saheeh – reported by Ahmad (4/267, 271, 276) and others
Supplication is the head of remembrance of Allâh. Indeed he :)saw:) said: …and I order you to make mention to Allâh much, and the like of that is a man being chased by the enemy who are hastening after him until he comes to a protected fortress and so he protects himself in it. Likewise is the servant, for he does not protect himself from Satan except through remembrance of Allâh, the Mighty and Majestic.

So a Muslim remembering his Lord, the One free and far removed from all defects, places him in a position of safety and protection which Satan is unable to overcome.

From Iyaad ibn Himaar al Mujaashi'ee (radiyAllâhu ;anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) said:
"Indeed my Lord ordered me to teach you that which you do not know, from that which He taught me this day, (instructing me): 'The wealth which I confer upon a servant is all lawful for him, and I created all My servants having natural inclination to the true way but the devils came to them and turned them away from their (true) Religion, and they forbade for them that which I made lawful for them, and they ordered them to associate in worship with Me that for which I sent down no authority.' Allâh looked upon the people of the earth and hated them, the Arabs and the non-Arabs, except for some remnants of the People of the Book, and He said: 'I sent you only to put you to the test and to tests others through you, and I sent down to you a Book which cannot be washed away by water, which you will retain and recite whilst asleep and whilst awake.' Allâh ordered me to destroy the Quraysh so I said: 'O my Lord they would break my head just as bread is broken.' So He said: 'Turn them out just as they turned you out, and fight them and We shall aid you, and spend and We shall provide for you. Send an army and We will send five more like it. Fight along with those who disobey you. The people of paradise are three: The ruler who is just, who spends in charity and is guided to do good; and a man who is merciful and kind hearted towards every relative and Muslim; and the chaste one who does not beg despite having a family to support. The people of the fire are five: The weak who does not have the will to avoid evil, those amongst you who are merely followers (of others), they do not seek after family or wealth; and the dishonest whose greed cannot be concealed even in the case of minor things; and a man who will betray you morning and evening with regard to your family and your wealth (He also mentioned miserliness or telling lies) and the person of evil manners and foul speech.' "
Reported by Muslim (Eng. Trans. 4/1488/no.6853)

From Sahl ibn Aa'd (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) said:

"Jibreel came to me and said: O Muhammad! Live as you will for you must certainly die; love whom you will since you must certainly leave him; act as you will since you shall certainly be given due reward for it; know that the believers eminence is his standing in prayer during the night, and his honour is having sufficiency without dependency upon the people."
Reported by al-Haakim (4/324) and others.

The person who lives attached to this world is poor with regard to his Religion and intellect, he does not realise that this worlds, for the one having no Religion is the road to degradation, the path to corruption and the key to evil and foul deeds. Whereas the Muslim who is sincere to his Lord and his own soul and with his brothers should be an excellent example to those who thirst after this world and the few dirhams and deenaars.
He should be a lesson for them that there is no good in that, and that good lies only in taking this world as a means of increasing one's rank with regard to the Religion and seeking to purify one's heart.

Wasalam,