Salat al-Tasbih

Zaynab_A

Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters.

I was just wondering how many of you read salat al-tasbih. I have stumbled upon something online regarding the virtues of praying salat al-Tasbih. Let me paste for you:

"Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said to Hadrat Abbas Ibn Abdul Muttalib (may Allah be pleased with him): O Abbas, O my uncle! Should I not give you, should I not tell you something in lieu of performance of which Allah will forgive all your past and future sins, old and new, done wittingly or unwittingly, evident or concealed. You should offer four Rak'ah of prayers in a way that in each Rak'ah after reciting surah Fatiha and a verse of the Qur'an say fifteen times "SubhanAllah wal Hamdulillah wa la ilaha Illallahu Wallahu Akbar" and then repeat it ten times before finishing the bow, ten times on standing erect and ten times before finishing each of the prostrations, ten times in between them and ten times after the second prostration before getting up. Thus in each Rak'ah this has to be repeated seventy-five times. If you can, offer this prayer every day, if not once in every week or once in every month or at least once in a year. If even this is not possible, at least once in a life time." (Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Baihaqi)"

I was just wondering if anybody knew if this is true or not.. as I usually go by hadith that is recorded in Bukhari and Muslim however I could not find anything about salat al-Tasbih in them.

Thank you

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
waslama sis

if you use the search engine on tti you will find that this topic has already been discussed. inshallah try that and see if it answers your question.