Saying of the Salaf About the Du`aa

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif]
Saying of the Salaf About the Du`aa

1. `Umar radhiallahu `anhu is reported to have said, "I do not carry the worry of acceptance but the worry of du`a. If I am inspired on how du`a is made, acceptance will accompany it."
2. Abu Dharr radhiallahu `anhu said, "For (the purposes) cure, that much du`a, as there is salt in food, is sufficient."
3. Muwarriq said, "I do not find any example for the believer except a man in the sea on a log who calls: 'O my Lord, O my Lord.' Perchance He (`azza wa jall) may redeem him."
4. Qasim bin `Abd said, "I said to Anas bin Malik: 'O Abu Hamzah pray to Allah for us.' He said: 'Du`a is elevated by good deeds.'"
5. Ibn Mas`ud radhiallahu anhu said, "Allah does not accept du`a from the ostentatious, the one who flaunts and the one who is not serious, (He accepts only) from a person who praises and asks from his heart."
6. It is reported that `Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak saw a man who was asking Allah, and he had a pebble in his hand. So he said to him, "If you are asking Allah for any good do not ask Him holding a stone in your hand."
7. `Aishah radhiallahu `anha is reported to have said, "No believer makes du`a and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated." 8. `Abdullah ibn Abi Salih said, "Ta`us called upon me and I said to him, 'O Abu Abd al-Rahman, pray to Allah for me.' He said, 'Pray for yourself because He responds to the distressed one when he calls Him."
[/FONT]