Second Wife

Sophie

Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim. :salam2: My beloved husband and I have been married a little more than 4 years. I am much older than he,by 13 years. He will be 35 soon,and I am 47. We are thinking of second wife. I will just speak for myself,I want my husband to have what I can not give him...children.My question is for anyone who is in marriage with more than one wife. How it is working out for you etc. I understand everyone is different. Different personalities and everything,but anything you can share with me on this would be most appreciated.:hijabi: :hearts:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:wasalam: Sis

Insha Allah I will keep y'all in my dua tonight so y'all can find another wife :)
May Allah (Swt) make it easy for you and your husband.

muharram23

Staff member
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim. :salam2: My beloved husband and I have been married a little more than 4 years. I am much older than he,by 13 years. He will be 35 soon,and I am 47. We are thinking of second wife. I will just speak for myself,I want my husband to have what I can not give him...children.My question is for anyone who is in marriage with more than one wife. How it is working out for you etc. I understand everyone is different. Different personalities and everything,but anything you can share with me on this would be most appreciated.:hijabi: :hearts:

MashAllah sister, may Allah reward you for ur submittion to ALlah s.v..a and His resululullah s.v.a. Im glad that you have accepted and allowed ur husband to marry another wife because it is a sunnah of ALlah s.v.a and His prophet s.v.s and ul c that Allah will put more barakah and reward you inshaAlalh more. May ALlah reward you inshaAllah. Assalamu alaykum

Sophie

:salam2: :tti_sister: Thank you both for your reply's. However I still would very much like to hear from those who are in marriage's with 2 or more wives. I am curious to hear of stories how second or third wives were chosen,how bringing in second wife affected your lives. My husband say's it is all up to me. So I am giving it very serious thought and prayers. I very much desire for my husband to have children. He is young and deserves to have wonderful second wife and children.:wasalam: :hearts:

abubakar4u2003

sister, I don't think that such stories will help you because it depends on the location where you are living. I don't know where you are currently living, but I must tell you that muslims living in different localities have different experiences regarding second or more marriages. Just for example, in arab countries, it is common to have more than one wife and they live happily. In India and Pakistan, due to high influence of Hinduism (as hindus don't marry more than one wife), muslims don't tend to marry more than once. So, in these areas people marrying twice face lots of problems. So, it depends on the locality of the people.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister there are other forums that are sisters only. It may be worth your while to seek information there. This site has many many young people, many unmarried.
Your generousity is humbling me. I am sure sisters will give you information. However, there are times when the heart has all the answers. Have you spoken to anyone at the masjid? I am aware of websites that are matrimonial in nature.
I have read several articles on the lives of women who choose to live as mutliple wives. Given that these are articles I was amazed to read that the women were satisfied. I recall reading an artlicle on women living in Australia.
Your maturity and selflessness is indeed wothy to be noted. I pray that Allah subhana talla gives you that which you seek.

Also as an aside, I too was married to a man who was 14 years my junior. We are separated. Allah subhana talla granted me children. I think we are working things out. I am slightly ( still vain) older than you. I woke up one morning and realized there comes a time in a woman's life where her interests become very broad and she is able to seek beyond her immediate needs. Please feel free to PM me.

Today, you have made me very humble and I thank you.

dunno

my parents been married for about 40years and my father have an other wife witch hes been married too for about 25years we live in different houses things btween me and my step brothers are great same as my dad other wife my parents told me to respect her as if she was my mom but as other comments said it might be different in other countrys