shaving a babies head without doing akeekah

friend263

?
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters I wanted to know the ruling on shaving a babies head after he or she born??Allah subhanawatalla granted me a boy who is now 15 months old Masshallah as he was born I read that a
s,soon as achild is born we have to do there akeekah and also shave there heads and I alo planed to do.it acording to sunnah but was not able to do so and now my child is 15 months old mashallah but now also.I.m.not in a position to do his akeekah immediately so can I only shave his head as every body saya that my child sometimes doe
snot keep well because of those hair on his head which are impure

friend263

Assalamualikum warehmatullahi wa barakatahu

?
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters I wanted to know the ruling on shaving a babies head after he or she born??Allah subhanawatalla granted me a boy who is now 15 months old Masshallah as he was born I read that a
s,soon as achild is born we have to do there akeekah and also shave there heads and I alo planed to do.it acording to sunnah but was not able to do so and now my child is 15 months old mashallah but now also.I.m.not in a position to do his akeekah immediately so can I only shave his head as every body saya that my child sometimes doe
snot keep well because of those hair on his head which are impure

Still no reply???? Very upset........

Peony Weed

Still no reply???? Very upset........

:salam2:

:bismillah:

I will try my dear sis, I never had babies/brother/sister nor have been involved in aqeeqah before. But I've helped to google some information and found some info based on several answer given by regulated body here. I'll try to translate it for you based on your question:

The Sunnah to perform once the baby is delivered:
1. To adzan/ Iqamah on the baby's ear
2. Perform tahnik on the 7th day
3. Perform aqeeqah on the 7th day
4. Shave the baby's hair on the 7th day
5. Give out charity based on the value of silver/gold based on the weigh of the baby's hair
6. Give name to the baby

The shaving of the baby's hair is done on the 7th day with aqeeqah. It is encourage to shave off all the newborn hair as to cleanse of any residue off the mother's womb and to let the new baby's hair grows healthy.

But if you couldn't afford aqeeqah, you can perform it as soon as you can afford but before the baby has reach his/her puberty. It's ok to shave the baby's hair first, then have it weigh in comparison to the current market price of silver or gold and use the value to perform charity/sadaqah to the poor as a symbol of being thankful to Allah for his Rahmah.

advise (even to myself) on the next time you're having the baby, you can proceed in shaving the baby's hair and give name on the by the 7th day even if you can't afford to perform aqeeqah altogether. But best to follow Sunnah of course.

Hope that helps. If others could offer further help or to correct the info would be appreciated.