SHAYKH ALBAANI ON JIHAAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2:

PLEASE DONT POST YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS MATTER OR ANY ISLAMIC MATTER..DONT CAUSE FITNAH BY WAYS OF ARGUEMENTATION. JUST READ AND IF YOU DONT AGREE KHALSS THATS UP TO YOU. I HAVE POSTED THIS FOR THOSE WHO SEEK JIHAD BEFORE RECTIFICATION OF THEIR OWN ACTIONS AND THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS.

By Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-Ud Deen al-Albaanee Translation by Brother Rafi Shafi

The following is a translation from 'Fataawaa al-Albaanee' (a transcription of some of the cassettes of the sheikh) when the sheikh was asked his opinion on Jihaad.
The Answer:

"With respect to Jihaad, O my brother, in this time and before this time it is fard 'Ayn, because the problem at hand is not a problem of Bosnia and Chechnya (alone) which has again moved the emotions of the Muslim youth. For here we have neighbouring us, the Jews who have occupied Palestine, and not a single Islamic country has moved to establish the obligation of making Jihaad with them, and evicting them and throwing them in the sea, as some of, or one of the presidents of the Islamic lands used to say.

And the point is that Jihaad is fard 'Ayn, because many of the Muslim lands have been occupied in the past and the present by the kuffaar. And the likes of this occupation is not hidden from the Muslim who concerns himself with the affairs of the Muslims, not to speak of the Islamic groups or Islamic sects, or Islamic lands.

But Jihad has pillars and conditions, and we - the group of Muslim scholars - believe that the obligatory Jihaad is only obligatory upon those Muslims who would help one another to establish what Allaah has obligated upon them from the Jihaad against the kuffaar, and evicting them from the lands they have occupied.

And we do not need now to relate the evidences from the Book and Sunnah, for this point has no difference of opinion over it between the scholars - that Jihaad is fard 'Ayn when an area of the Muslim land is occupied, so how about when the occupation has occurred in many lands?!

But, unfortunately, I wish to say that this jihad which is fard - rather fard 'Ayn - is not possible to be established by individuals as occurs in the question, rather not even by some of the Islamic groups. Because the likes of this Jihaad, especially in our times in which the means of fighting have become many, is not possible to be established by the Islamic groups not to speak of individuals!

But the obligation is upon the countries, and those Islamic countries that have the strength to prepare for war, and the means of modern day warfare, by which if they gathered together sincerely for this Jihaad they would establish the fard 'Ayn.

But, very unfortunately, these countries have not moved a limb to establish this.

So maybe they refer the matter of this Jihaad to the various Islamic groups and sects, while these are not capable of doing anything to stop the advance/attack of the kuffaar. And the current affairs bear witness to the fact that any Islamic group that tries, either to fight the aggressor as occurred in Afghanistan for example, or by revolting against the ruler whose Kufr has become clear, like in Algeria for example - then these unfortunate occurrences indicate that the individual Jihaad or group Jihaad does not produce the expected fruit, and that is that the Word of Allaah be made supreme.

So therefore, we believe that this Jihaad is not possible except under an Islamic authority firstly, and under an Islamic group comprising of people from different lands, not just one land or one region.

And add to this the necessity that taqwa of Allaah be present, by staying away from what Allaah has prohibited from the matters that are well known amongst the Muslims, but unfortunately they are very far from putting into practice.

And we have mentioned - and I am trying to summarize my words as much as possible - many times that what has befallen the Muslims today, this humiliation and abasement/ignominy that has not been known in the history of Islaam at all, is that the Muslims have misapplied, at the very least, one verse of the Qur'ân....and that is the saying of Allaah: "If you help Allaah, Allaah will Help you."

And there is no doubt that this Help of the Muslims from Allaah, is Help in making the Laws of the Sharee'ah an observable reality, and this unfortunately is not realized in the majority of the Islamic lands, or in the Muslim individuals. And those amongst the Muslim lands that do have some remnants of ruling by the Law of Allaah have not, up till now proclaimed the call to Jihaad.

And due to this the Muslim individuals and nations will remain weak as long as none of the Islamic lands lift the flag of Jihaad, and that Jihaad which calls for fighting those nearest them, not those that are far, far away.

For the Muslims, with their lands, and groups, and sects, and as individuals, if they cannot establish Jihad with those that neighbour them, or are close to them, then they are not capable of making Jihaad with those that are distant from them.... for example Eritrea, ,Somalia, Bosnia and Chechnya.

And due to this we mention now, that it is upon the Muslim youth as individuals and groups and sects that they spread the correct Islamic awareness in the lands firstly, and then in the rulers secondly - and that (correct understanding) is that all of these people rule by what Allaah (Subhaanawata'ãlaa) has revealed.

- The ruler, that he rules by what Allaah has revealed and ordered.

- The individual that he rules by what Allaah has revealed...

I know that today many of the individuals, and groups and sects, throw the responsibility (of the state of affairs) onto the rulers only, while in my certain belief the responsibility equally falls upon these individuals, groups and sects, as it falls upon these rulers!

This is because these governments arose from the lands of these Muslims.....these Muslims who were addressed by two Ahaadeeth from the Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam)... the first his (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) saying,
"When you deal with interest, and hold fast to the tail of the cow, and become contented with agriculture, and you leave Jihaad in the Way of Allaah, Allaah will permit your humiliation and will not lift it from you until you return to your Deen."

And the second Ahaadeeth, his (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) saying, "The nations summon each other upon you as you call guests to eat from a plate of food", They said , "will we be few in number on that day O Messenger of Allaah?" He (sallallaahu` alaihiwa sallam) said, "No, rather you will be many on that day, but you will be like the foam on the ocean. And Allaah will remove the fear in the hearts of your enemies and place in your hearts al-wahn". They said, "what is al-wahn O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "Love of this world and hatred of death."

And these occurrences which are mentioned by the Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) in this Ahaadeeth have now occurred in every Muslim society, and they are from the clear afflictions that necessitate the descent of this humiliation upon the Muslims until the hearts of the rulers, and individuals become totally covered in black (due to their sins).

The Muslim lands do not rule by what Allaah revealed, and if there is one amongst them that does (claim to) rule by what Allaah revealed, then the first clear indication that it does not rule by what Allaah revealed is that it does not raise the call for Jihaad.

So if this time is not the time in which Jihaad in the Way of Allaah does not become obligatory, and many of the Muslims lands have been occupied, then when will this Jihad become obligatory?

But the problem - and this is the heart of the matter - is that there is no one amongst us who is capable of undertaking (this jihad), why?...

Because we are drowning in sins, and drowning in Sectarian differences and national differences, and we know that one of the doorways to weakness and defeat is that the Muslims differ amongst themselves.

And we have been tried recently with a very sad trial, and that is the Afghani Jihaad, where we were hoping that its endpoint would be victory for the Muslims, and there were strong signs for placing the seed of the Islamic state. Then the end result turned out to be totally opposite (to what was hoped), due to the early signs of victory over the enemy, the communists (shuyuiyyeen), diminished when the differences between the tribes made them split into seven groups, and their Islam, which they took as Deen, did not prevent them from doing this, and our Lord says, "And do not be from the mushriks. From those that split their Deen and became sects, each sect rejoicing in what it has."

Therefore, it is upon the one who desires to go on Jihaad that he gets the means of Jihaad, and the means of acquiring victory, and that is not realizable in our times, unfortunately. And Allaah says in the Noble Qur'ân,

"Indeed Allaah will not change the state of a people until they change what is in themselves."

Therefore we call the Muslim individuals, and groups and sects, not to speak of the governments, but that they concern themselves by spreading the purified, authentic Islaam, purified from every spurious element that has entered it with the passing of time, and then bring up the Muslims on this purified Islaam.

The day when these signs begin, and become clear in this vast Islamic land, that day shall the signs of getting ready to establish this fard 'Ayn Jihad begin.

These anxious individuals that go to many of the Muslim lands invaded/attacked by the kuffaar like Bosnia and Chechnya for example... what are the weapons that they have with them? Who are the leaders who can discipline them, and make them fight under one authority and under one flag?

So if there was a single authority then we would see the (fruits) of the Jihaad as we saw them in Afghanistan (i.e. victory over the aggressor).

Therefore Allaah says,"And prepare for them what you can from strength and weapons to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies of Allaah and your enemies."

Where is this preparation?!
And who is the one capable of this preparation? The individual?!

No... the governments?... yes the governments, and it is possible for us to say that they do establish a small amount of this preparation...

But this preparation is taken from their enemies... so if there was a Jihaad established between the Kaafir and Muslims, then soon these Muslims would not be capable of supplying their armies with the necessary weapons except by buying them from their Enemies.

So can their be victory and Jihaad by buying weapons from the enemies of the Muslims?!

This is impossible, and due to this, this preparation ordered us, cannot be established even by the Islamic countries, because the Islamic countries buy their weapons of destruction from their enemies and aggravated states.

And there are ways of making these weapons malfunction when they (the Muslims) intend to use them against the Kaafir enemy.

And due to this I say, and I finish my words and reply upon this question that Allaah, when He said, "And prepare for them what you can..." this address was to the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam), then the address is directed to the generality of Muslims due to the generality of the text.

But this address was directed to the Sahâbah after they were brought up on the authentic Islamic upbringing until it was possible for them to establish the likes of this address - preparing the worldly might after preparing the spiritual might in themselves or with themselves, due to the upbringing they went through at the hands of their Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam).

And history repeats itself.....So there has to be an upbringing of a nation from the Islamic nations so that it may be possible for this nation to establish this worldly preparedness, and we today do not find a nation that has established this obligation which we can depict in two words: Tasfiyyah (correction) and Tarbiyyah (education/cultivation).

(Rather) we see us as scattered individuals here and there. And if there were a group, and over this group a leader who has the allegiance of all the Muslims, and he raises the flag of Jihaad against the enemies: this has not happened yet, and due to this we call for the existence of this introduction/predicate to this holy Jihaad.

And, as for running (of these people) behind emotions when the spiritual Jihaad has not even been realized in them - and that is the correct understanding of Islaam, and applying it collectively, and that there be over them a leader after that, and he enjoins them to prepare what they can from strength and weapons:

So the day we see the likes of this, that day the Muslims will rejoice in the victory of Allaah, and Allaah Helps whom He Wills.

This is my answer to your question."

www.allahuakbar.net

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
jazak Allahu khayra

:ma::ma: he is exactly right, jazak Allahu khayra for sharing may Allah aza wajal increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
What a brilliant response. What a brilliant sheikh!
Surprisingly enough, I held similar views if not the same to what the sheikh expressed in his fatwa, obviously not with all the evidences from the Quran and the hadeeth.

Thanks for sharing the piece, this shed a new light for me.
Jajakallah Khair!

:wasalam:

Shoaib

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
wasalam

im glad its helped every one. nowadays we muslims are too emotional and only think of jihad when the real reason why this is happening is down to ourselves..we sould blame none but us

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
wasalam

im glad its helped every one. nowadays we muslims are too emotional and only think of jihad when the real reason why this is happening is down to ourselves..we sould blame none but us
Alot of truth to it.

I will never condemn the Mujaheedin fighting in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
May Allah guide and protect them, and make their effort victorious.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
wasalam

lol ...Well said....
It did not help me at all....

So are we supposed to sit back while our brothers get attack?? Amazing!!

island muslim

The other excuse they make will be "Brother for jihad we need an Amir al Mumineen" since there is no Emir there is no Jihad even when muslim lands are occupied and pillaged and muslims humiliated.

How can One fool oneself so delusionaly i do not know.

abu turaab

:salam2: Jihad in the way of ALLAH(Qital fe sabeel lillah)is valid till the last day on this world....this is a fact that has already set by hadiths...now as far as Afghan Jihad and others like in chechniya,bosnia etc....and the fact that muslims are not getting succeded in that...its bcz the groups of people carrying out jihads don't qualify the requirements essential for victory in ISLAM ...and these requirements are simply those occupied and practiced by sahabas!!....the only reason that muslims will gain a decisive victory over kufr when they will do Qital fe sabeel lillah in the leadership of Muhammad ibn Abd'ALLAH Al-Mahde is that...they will possess the theology character and lifestyle of sahabas...and thats it dear brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!.......

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

when will i be ready , SUBHANALLAH for its comes once in alife time . The reward green birds flying freely in janaah and coming back to the throne of ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) FOR ITS IS THEIR HOME SUBHANALLAH. MAY ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) fulfil my wish . For now i must complete stage one and that is

The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self." (Bukhari)

Jazakalah khairan

Salem9022

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

when will i be ready , SUBHANALLAH for its comes once in alife time . The reward green birds flying freely in janaah and coming back to the throne of ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) FOR ITS IS THEIR HOME SUBHANALLAH. MAY ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) fulfil my wish . For now i must complete stage one and that is

The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self." (Bukhari)

Jazakalah khairan

masha'Allah : ) Barak Allah Feek akhi, I liked that Qoute. This is something the Khawarij will Never Understand.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
lol ...Well said....
It did not help me at all....

So are we supposed to sit back while our brothers get attack?? Amazing!!

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Akhi... you're sounding like those who picked up their swords to fight the fitnah of Hajaaj Ibn Yusuf Ath-Thaqafee and got killed doing so. Were the people praised? No. They asked Imaam Hasan Al-Basree who said to them that if Hajaaj is a trial from Allaah then it is better to be patient, and that if he is a punishment from Allaah, then they would never be able to remove Allaah's punishment with their swords! And did they? No! In this time akhi, companions were being slaughtered; yet patience was befitting!

When will the Ummah observe patience I don't know. When will they focus on Jihad un-Nafs I wonder!!! All you see nowadays is people who barely practice Islaam, they don't strive to rectify their character, make halaal their sins, praise anyone who "speaks up" against America and then talk about Jihad Ad-dafa`ee ! Such people need to fix up their priorities. Another point worth mentioning; a number of scholars have tied in the ability of performing jihaad with making hijrah, so those brothers who often rant and complain (and don't benefit themselves or others in the process) who reside in abodes of kufr need to remain silent and get off their backsides, for their tongues are proving useless and harmful.

May Allaah assist the Muslims, the Mujahideen in every place. May His mercy be bestowed on those who have passed due to the fitnah the ummah is facing. May He the Most High, lift this humiliation from this ummah and direct us to our deen, and to obeying Him, ameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother is it not written that a man does not become serious about his faith until he reaches his forties. This is the time in a man's life that he begins to think of the shortcomings of his naf. When a man is younger his passions rule him.
We have to strive hard each day. Each one of us has an individual jihad and we as an ummath have a collective jihad. The individual is just if not more important. Because we have to become pious before we can yield to the greater good.
We have to be certain of our intentions before we can unite with others of the same ilk. We have to follow the sunnath and make our footsteps light. It is example of character that we need to see.
The duyna makes it so hard for us..oh it is so easy to follow and desire..and we become attached to it..how can we think of the ummath when the glass of wine is so sweet....how can I think of you when it is so much easier for me to buy the object that gives me pure pleasure..I do not have to think...
We have filled our lives with objects to stop us from remembering our purpose.

I ask you to forgive me...but it takes responsiblity to think about your naf and rou.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Jazaakillaah khayr sister, you hit the mark with your post. By naf and rou I believe you meant nafs and ruh (self and spirit/soul).

Was-salaam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
IM SPEECHELESS!!! Nastagfirullaah!!!

Assalamualaikum sister, you are not the only one who is speechless. They bring articles who have their viewpoint and paste it here. InshAllah i will refute that. These people are saying you need and imam/khalifa for Jihaad.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
al-Qurtubi said:

وأباحت طائفة البراز ولم تذكر بإذن الإمام ولا بغير إذنه هذا قول مالك سئل مالك عن الرجل يقول بين الصفين : من يبارز ؟ فقال : ذلك إلى نيته إن كان يريد بذلك الله فأرجو ألا يكون به بأس قد يفعل ذلك فيما مضى وقال الشافعي : لا بأس بالمبارزة قال ابن المنذر : المبارزة بإذن الإمام حسن وليس على من بارز بغير إذن الإمام حرج وليس ذلك بمكروه لأني لا أعلم خبرا يمنع منه

"A group of scholars allowed to fight a duel with enemy and they did not stipulate it weather with the permission of Imam or without his permission. It's opinion.of Malik. Malik was asked about a man who stood between two troops (i.e. between muslims and enemies) and asked (the enemy): "Who wants to fight?" Malik said: "it depends on his intention, if he intends with it to please Allah, then I hope there is nothing wrong! People did it before" Shafi' said: "There is nothing wrong with fighting a duel." Ibn al-Mundhir said: "Fighting a duel with permission of imam is good, but there is no sin upon one who does it without his permission! It's not makruh, because I do not know any narration forbidding it!"

"Jami li Ahkam al-Quran", 4/249
Muassasa ar-Risala

Status
Not open for further replies.