Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan On The War in Lebanon

ibnAbdullah87

The Shaykh The Scholar
Saalih bin Fawzaan al-Fawzaan
On The War in Lebanon .

THE FULL TEXT

"Today the Muslims are suffering from several different predicaments which are caused by the disbelievers generally being superior (in power) over them.

There are wars in Afghanistan , Iraq , Palestine and Lebanon .
The only thing we read in news and hear from our preachers and writers is that they all condemn the actions of the disbelievers.

With regards to this there is no doubt. However, do these voices and shouts really frighten the disbelieving enemy? For a long while in history, the enemy has wanted to destroy Islam. Allah (ta'ala) said:

"Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can." [2:217]

But what have the Muslims done in order to prepare themselves to confront them and their wicked deeds? It's upon the Muslims to do the following:

1. Contemplate over their religious condition and to hold on firmly to their religion. That which has happened to them is the result of their religious negligence. In one report it says:

"If the one who knows Me is disobedient towards Me, then I will let the one who doesn't know Me take the authority over him."

What happened with the Children of Israa'eel when they left their religion and planted mischief on the earth? Allah allowed the fire worshippers to take authority over them for a long period. This in mentioned by Allah in the beginning of the chapter "al-Isra". Allah threatened to punish them if they returned to the same condition. Likewise, we have to look at our condition and correct that which we have destroyed within our religion, as Allah's way doesn't change. He (ta'ala) said:

"Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves; but when Allah wants a people to be punished, there can be no turning it back, and no one but Allah can help them." [13.11]

2. We have to gather strength in order to confront our enemy. He (ta'ala) said:

"Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war to strike fear into the hearts of the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides whom you may not know but whom Allah does know." [8.60]
This should be done by (the Muslims nations) preparing armies, suitable weapons (of the Muslim nations) and deterring power.

3. Unite all Muslims upon one and the same religious belief and Islamic creed. And implement the rules and regulations of the Shari'ah in all our aspects of life such as in manners and dealings with people. We have to let Allah's book dictate our lives and enjoy the good and forbid the evil and call people to Islam with knowledge, insight and sincerity. He (ta'ala) said:

"And hold fast all of you together to the rope of Allah and do not be divided". [3.103]

However, it is impossible to unite if the religious methodologies and goals are different from one another. If only our preachers and correctors would have focused themselves on these points that I have mentioned at the same time as they are criticizing the attacking enemy.

It must be made known and exposed that the evil goals of our enemy not only is about weakening the Muslims, rather we need to understand that their prime goal is to destroy the Muslim's Islamic belief so that he (the Muslim) then will turn his back to his religion.

This is what I wanted to say with regards to this catastrophe.
It is Allah Who tells the truth and guides to the right path.

May Allah's blessings and peace be with our Prophet Mohammad, his family and his followers."

----