Article Sidr Honey

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Yemeni Sidr Honey Cures All!

The Sidr Tree

Sidr is known in English as the Lote tree. It is a tree mentioned
not only in Qur’an, but also the Bible and Torah. The Sidr is a very resilient tree and is mentioned many times in the Qur’an.

In Surah Saba, Ayah 16, the Sidr tree is one of three trees to survive the floods when Allah swt opened the dam as punishment for the people in that land for their disbelief.

In Surat al-Waqi’ah, ayah 28, the Sidr tree is mentioned by Allah when describing the conditions of the people of the Right Hand (Those who will go to Jannah). He swt says that the People of the Right Hand will be among thornless Sidr trees and banana trees with fruits piled one above another and in shade long-extended and by water flowing constantly...

And not forgetting Sidrat-ul-Muntaha (Surat an-Najm:14-17), the Sidr tree growing at the furthest boundary over the seventh heaven beyond which no one can pass. This is a very special Sidr tree which Rasulullah was shown during al-Miraj. Rasulullah described the tree as having large fruit resembling clay jugs, leaves as big as elephants ears and four rivers originating from its roots. Two rivers where hidden rivers in Paradise and the two apparent ones were the Nile and the Euphrates.

The Sidr tree is a tree beyond this duniyya so it is no wonder that it provides such excellent medicinal values in all its parts and provides excellent nectar for bees to make the best honey. The Sidr trees from which the bees collect nectar in Yemen are growing wild and uncultivated in the desert areas.

Yemeni Sidr honey is produced and harvested in the most pure ways, the traditional ways which have remained the same for centuries. No chemicals or unnatural processes are ever used because this will spoil the purity of the honey. It is said that the Sidr honey from Yemen tastes better than those from other areas because the soil in Yemen is richer.

Yemen's beekeepers are strict in ensuring the honey's purity and potency and will allow their bees to die rather than feed them with sugary syrup. Typically, bees of a certain hive make 37,000 trips just to make half a kilo of honey but bees fed solely on the nectar of the Sidr flower die after making about 3 trips! The weaker bees cannot withstand the potency of the nectar of this remarkable tree. (Information sourced from http://sidrhoney.tripod.com/id9.html)

Allah swt said about bees,

“From their bellies comes a drink of varying colours, containing healing for mankind. There is certainly a sign in that for people who reflect."(Surat an-Nahl: 69)

Rasulullah said that there are three types of healing for mankind,

“A gulp of honey, cupping, and branding with fire (cauterizing). But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire." (Sahih Bukhari)

I have used Sidr honey regularly for the past four years and found it remarkably improved my respiratory health and reduced the severity of cold and flu. Also, whenever I had that feeling to eat but didn't know what I wanted to eat, I just ate a spoonful of honey and the hunger sensation went away.

I know sisters who have used Sidr honey mixed with warm water and cinnamon to lose weight, grow back hair on bald patches, heal wounds and burns, reduce sinus pain, kidney problems, irregular heart beat and as an antihistamine.
The only downside to Yemeni Sidr Honey is the cost. 500gms of B grade honey costs $50, the same amount in A grade is near $100. However, the benefits are many and well worth the investment.

Here is a short list of some of the common ailments that can be treated with Sidr Honey.

Arthritis
Hair Loss
Bladder Infections
Toothache
Cholesterol
Colds
Infertility
Upset Stomach
Heart Diseases
Immune System
Indigestion
Influenza
Pimples
Skin Infections
Weight Loss
Cancer
Fatigue
Bad Breath
Hearing Loss
Bed-Wetting
Constipation
Accidents, Cuts and Burns

More info can be found from Dr. Muhammad Salim Khan who is a doctor from the Swat Valley in North Western Pakistan.

http://sidrhoney.tripod.com/id9.html

lioness

Bismillah

Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh ukhty,

Jazak'Alluhu khair your beneficial post.
I'll love to taste it, as I love my honey.lol.