Single life...

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2: i know what youre going through bro! i understand. i am 18 a sister and it was like seeing all my friends get married and engaged was so hard for me always thinking if i would ever get there one day i was engaged but decided to not continue with it i had my siblings to look after
so inshallah jus pray brother hope for the best!
:tti_sister: i will pray for you

newlight99

Salaam

If you can control your desires then marry whenever you want, but if you feel that they might overtake you, then you should marry as soon as you can.

kayleigh

I'm 20 as well, and a revert. I've thought about marriage before and yeah, it'd be nice if you're lonely, but honestly I enjoy being single way too much. Just make sure that you're emotionally and mentally ready for it. Don't do it just because you're bored or lonely.

1always!seeka

:salam2: i know what youre going through bro! i understand. i am 18 a sister and it was like seeing all my friends get married and engaged was so hard for me always thinking if i would ever get there one day i was engaged but decided to not continue with it i had my siblings to look after
so inshallah jus pray brother hope for the best!
:tti_sister: i will pray for you
Thanks for the empathy!
And I will pray for you too.

May Allah (swt) grant you a pious spouse. Ameen.
newlight99 said:
Salaam

If you can control your desires then marry whenever you want, but if you feel that they might overtake you, then you should marry as soon as you can.
I believe if desires are driving a person to rush marriage, then there's a problem and added chance they didn't marry their spouse for the right attributes.
Urges aren't my problem. Alhamdulillah.
Just empty feelings. I hope to not be stupid about it, I want the right sister insha'Allah - not necessarily the convenient one.
Or is part of my problem going to be that I'm too picky?
kayleigh said:
I'm 20 as well, and a revert. I've thought about marriage before and yeah, it'd be nice if you're lonely, but honestly I enjoy being single way too much. Just make sure that you're emotionally and mentally ready for it. Don't do it just because you're bored or lonely.
I'm sure you know from reading this thread, there are NUMEROUS factors as to why I think I'm ready/want it, insha'Allah.

Again, I don't want to sell out and be stupid about it. Ever.

JazakhAllahu kheyr.

PatienceWins

Let me give you the same advise the Prophet sallaah 3aleyhi wa salaam gave out: O gathering of youths, whoever amongst you can get married, let him get married for it'll be a protection for his eyes and private parts.

If you can, then do inshallaah and place your trust in Allaah [swt].

I agree. If you are financially stable and believe that you are ready to take the additional responsiblity, get married as soon as possible.

Ashima33

I've been muslim for atleast a year and a half. Right after I took shahada, the first thing Imam Zaid Shakir said to me was, "Don't get married for atleast a year." I'm so glad he gave me this advice, and I don't think I will marry for awhile longer as well. I have been given the time to really discover myself as a muslim and also sort things out with family. There was a time about 6 months ago, i wanted to get married but then found out my family wasn't completely settled with the idea of me being muslim. They thought it was just a phase, and FLIPPED OUT. I decided to put marriage off because I didn't want to bring someone into that mess.

I have had the time to really study Islam and find out where my place is. Of course I will forever be changing and learning, but I think it's important to have this foundation. This is not saying you don't, because I don't even know you... but I'm just sharing my experience and hope it helps. Oh, also do think about finances and what you have to offer. Because it may be hard for you to find the right person for you if you haven't been muslim long and your finances aren't stable. Not saying you would, but of course you don't want to just marry anyone. So make sure you're set up nice when you approach marriage.

Best of luck to you!