Snippets from Al-Fawaid

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:
:salam:

#Nobility:
The noble woman prefers hunger rather than immorality.

#Stingy Person:
The stingy person is the poor one, whose poverty is unrewarded.

[Al-Fawaid, A Collection of Wise Sayings by Ibn-Qayyim]

Peace.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

Seclusion:

The solitude of the ignorant is corruption while the solitude of the knowledgeable is fruitful.

If wisdom and conviction are combined (in seclusion), and deep thought is gained, a fruitful conversation will take place.

Peace.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member

Seclusion:

The solitude of the ignorant is corruption while the solitude of the knowledgeable is fruitful.

If wisdom and conviction are combined (in seclusion), and deep thought is gained, a fruitful conversation will take place.

Peace.

:wasalam:

I love this one, subhaanallaah! How very true !

May Allaah `azza wa jall forgive us for the sins we commit in privacy!

Jazaakallaahu khayraa.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
I love this one, subhaanallaah! How very true !

May Allaah `azza wa jall forgive us for the sins we commit in privacy!

Jazaakallaahu khayraa.

Assalaamualaikum wa re wa barakatuhu.
You missed again! :D My Salaam!!

Ameen to your dua'a sis. :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamualaikum wa re wa barakatuhu.
You missed again! :D My Salaam!!

Ameen to your dua'a sis. :)

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh!

Sorry, akhy. I don't know how that happened again, but I fixed it!

PS. You know you still get your ajr whether your salaam is returned or not, right?
I used to get annoyed (and a bit embarrassed I gotta admit) when some sisters I meet in passing wouldn't return my salaams (maybe they didn't hear or maybe it was on purpose, Allaahu a`lam) but now I'm able to walk away with a smile on my face because I know Allaah `azza wa jall has seen it and heard it. =) But maashaa'Allaah, this is an important sunnah of the prophet :saw: that needs to be constantly applied (and revived in some places).

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh!

Sorry, akhy. I don't know how that happened again, but I fixed it!

PS. You know you still get your ajr whether your salaam is returned or not, right?
I used to get annoyed (and a bit embarrassed I gotta admit) when some sisters I meet in passing wouldn't return my salaams (maybe they didn't hear or maybe it was on purpose, Allaahu a`lam) but now I'm able to walk away with a smile on my face because I know Allaah `azza wa jall has seen it and heard it. =) But maashaa'Allaah, this is an important sunnah of the prophet :saw: that needs to be constantly applied (and revived in some places).

Assalaamualaikum.
Don't be sorry sis. :)
I didn't know that we can ajar, learnt something today. jazakAllahu Khairan.
But if you dont return my Salaam, then you don't get ajar right? Well, why would I leave my brothers and sisters behind in collecting ajars. :D

Should I also learn to walk away with a smile like you do? Is it good?

Peace.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamualaikum.
Don't be sorry sis. :)
I didn't know that we can ajar, learnt something today. jazakAllahu Khairan.
But if you dont return my Salaam, then you don't get ajar right? Well, why would I leave my brothers and sisters behind in collecting ajars. :D

Should I also learn to walk away with a smile like you do? Is it good?

Peace.

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

Yes, you get ajr for every good deed, small or big. Alhamdulillaah for Islaam. And wa iyaak, akhy.
Maasha'Allaah. That true, good thinking! Love for your brother what you love for yourself, huh?

It's definitely better than walking away with a frown, no? =)
And you can't really go after the person and say it to them again because one, they might get annoyed and two, if they deliberately decide not to return it even though they've definitely heard it, well, who knows? you might be the cause for a bad deed to be written for them. I think it'd best to avoid that.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

Determination:

If determination is adopted in the state of powerlessness, which is followed by strong resolution, surely the heart will be enlightened by the light of Allah.

Peace.

Nureyni Amir

:subhanallah:

Wondrous Reality:

What a wonderful thing it is to know HIM (i.e. Allah SWT)! But, how can one know HIM and not love HIM? How can one hear the Caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit that shall be gained in dealing with HIM but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying HIM but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying HIM? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart with remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to HIM in repentance?

Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of HIM, you are still reluctant to move toward HIM because you seek others.

[Al-Fawaid, A Collection of Wise Sayings by Ibn-Qayyim ]

Peace.
Subhannallah, Jazakhallahu kheyran for the reminder.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

You will have your share:

When night descends, sleep and sleeplessness struggle, fear of Allah and longing for Allah are the soldiers of wakefulness, while idleness and delaying are the soldiers of heedlessness. If determination is adopted, and negligence is defeated, then by the time day breaks, every party will take his share.

Peace.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

"...Be charitable to us..."

Do not feel weary of standing by HIS door even if you are driven away, and never stop asking HIS forgiveness even if you feel it is rejected. When the door is opened for the accepted ones, do not miss this chance and rush therein intruding, and stretch forth your hands saying,

“...Be charitable to us...” [Yusuf, 12:88]
Peace.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

"Seeking Provision Without Piety?":

O you who seeks provision without piety! How can you be satisfied with sins and still complain about your provision being straightened?

Peace.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

Worldly Life:

Be the son of the Hereafter, and do not be the son of this worldly life, verily, the son follows His Mother.

This worldly life resembles a passgeway, and the Hereafter resembles the homeland, and indeed the wishes of pious men are directed toward the homeland.

Peace.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

There are two kinds of meetings between friends:

The first kind is a meeting based on sociability and spending time, in which there are more disadvantages than advantages, the least of which is corruption of the heart, and wasting time.

The second kind is a meeting for the sake of supporting one another, and recommending on another to the truth and to patience. This is the best kind, yet there are still three disadvantages therein:
  • Flattering each other.
  • Being excessively talkative.
  • That such meetings become a habit or routine and they fail to achieve their aims.
In general, the result of social meetings will be derived from the source, which is either for the soul inclined to evil, or for the heart and the peaceful soul. If the source is good, surely the fruit will also be good. Pure souls derive their nature from their Lord, while evil ones derive their nature from the devil. Hence, Allah, the Exalted and Ever majestic, renders good women for good men and bad men for bad women.

Peace.