So Al-Albaani said, ‘Forgive me if I have wronged you …’ and started to cry …

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

As-Sadhaan said, “Shaikh Sameer az-Zuhairee who is from the students of the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, said, ‘I met up with some of the students of knowledge in Jordan one day. As was the norm in such gatherings, the Shaikh was mentioned and one of the people there started a sweeping attack on him due to the difference in methodology [between the two].

I saw no point in debating with this man due, firstly, to his lack of fairness, and secondly, his severe anger which took him beyond the limits of moderation. So I said to him, ‘If this is the image you have of the Shaikh–and he is not as you think him to be–then why don’t you give him some advice directly, because he is better than your backbiting and slander of him?’

He replied, ‘Al-Albaani does not accept advice.’

So I said, ‘Have you tried?’

‘I’ve never seen him, but this is unanimous about him,’ he said.

So I said to myself, ‘Subhaanallaah! This man has been affected to such an extent due to his Shaikhs without ever having searched for the truth himself or [without ever] having met the Shaikh even though they live in the same city and have been doing so for years!’

Later I organised a gathering of knowledge in the evening with the Shaikh [held] in my house and I called a whole group of students of knowledge. [I also called] this person who had spoken against the Shaikh–but I didn’t tell the Shaikh anything about that [incident].

Most of the gathering was monopolised by that man who argued with the Shaikh, raised his voice and was infuriated [at Shaikh Al-Albaani], to such an extent that it became apparent that I was angry and embarrassed [on behalf of the Shaikh]. When the Shaikh saw that on my face he turned to me smiling and said, ‘Don’t worry about it/don’t take it upon yourself.’

By Allaah, that smile never left the Shaikh’s face and he continued answering him with proofs from the Book and the Sunnah with great patience and an open heart, as was his habit, may Allaah have mercy on him.

At the end of the gathering the man stood up and said to the Shaikh, ‘I thank Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, that you had changed [already] and that I met you after this change!’

The Shaikh said, ‘And have you ever met me before today?’

‘No,’ he replied.

So the Shaikh pointed to one of the brothers from Syria who had accompanied him in [his call to] the Salafi da’wah, and who was, at that time, a guest of the Shaikh in Amman [Jordan], and said:

‘I have not changed. And this brother has accompanied me for more than twenty years in da’wah, and he knows that about me. Either way, may Allaah reward you with good, and as for me, then I ask you to forgive me if I have wronged you in anything. And I ask Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, to forgive me if I have wronged any one from the Muslims.’

Then he started crying, may Allaah have mercy on him.

And then that person [who had been angry at the Shaikh] could do nothing except cry too, and he started to kiss the Shaikh’s hand and head.

And I never knew him after that to be anything except a Salafi, following [the proofs], who loved the Shaikh and honoured him greatly.’

Al-Imaam al-Albaani, Duroos, wa Mawaaqif, wa Ibar, of Abdul-Aziz ibn Muhammad Abdullaah as-Sadhaan, pp. 158-159.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

MashaAllah this is so touching. May Allah have mercy on Sheikh.

Just to add here for the info of all the brothers and sisters who read it, it is from the Wasayah of Sheikh Albani to every Muslim to pray "rahimahullah" for him, if we hear his name. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh