Social issues

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu ALeykom:hijabi:

I have signed volunteering events in my university where we go different community that help the homeless, the poor, the needy, to provide food and shelter from the cold season. So far I went four places which two of these were a communty centre that is located church basement. I'm not sure the criteria for a muslim person to do volunteering in church basement. But the people who organized the volunteering didn't tell us whether it would be church basement or normal community centre.

I was the only Muslim person, and especially identifiable since I'm wearing my hijab and dress Islamically. I encounter so many people that are from wide range of professional, including teachers, proffessors, doctors, retired military officer, but they all have common goals, to help the needy and the poor.

we made food and served, we socialized with them. Some had tough lives , such as growing up in a home where there was a violence, and some were alcoholics. The situation they are, is dishearting and I pray to God that someday they will be normal people Insha'Allah, and will be guided to the right path.

I had some conversation with an old man who was volunteering, he asked me why I wear that and my Islamic beliefs. I explained to him but he was really respectful. I also had conversation with the retired military officer, he had cold heart, and I suppose being a military you should be cold hearted person. I was not comfortable talking to him, because he was dissing some of the homeless and the needy. If God gives you wealthy today, it will be test for you, and can take tomorrow that wealthy from you, if you don't spend the way God wants you to spend.

I also met another old man around his early 40s. He was interested in Islam, and even told he agree what the Qur'aan says. He even recited the Shahada infront of me and said that he was not ready to accept Islam yet, But Insha'Allah May Allah S.W.A guide him to the right path Ameen.

I would love to see in the future a muslim community centre that serve the needy, the poor, and the homeless. There are few but is seasonal, I would love to see as permanent one so the poor can walk in anytime they want something to eat Insha'ALlah.

I'm also surprise to see huge number of people who are poor in a country as wealth as Canada. Long way to go, Insha'Allah Tomorrow will be better than today!

Hannah123

One Truth
Masha'Allah, that's very nice what you did and it would be amazing to open a place like that. Insha'Allah somewhere sometime it will happen. And at the same time people can see how Muslims really are and the truth about Islam.

umm hussain

asalam alaikum warahmatullah

AsSalamu ALeykom:hijabi: I also met another old man around his early 40s. He was interested in Islam, and even told he agree what the Qur'aan says. He even recited the Shahada infront of me and said that he was not ready to accept Islam yet, But Insha'Allah May Allah S.W.A guide him to the right path Ameen.

It sounds like really good work you are doing, may Allah reward you for it as well and I guess it is a way for you to give some of these people dawah.

You mentioned that this man recited shahada in front of you but was not ready to accept Islam yet does this mean he is Muslim now just not ready to do other things e.g Salah because if one recites shahada knowing its meaning becomes muslim

Destiny_Jannah

umm hussain

I didn't ask that question, but he said that he isn't muslim now despite accepting the fact that the Qur'aan is the word of God. Insha'Allah someday Allah will guide him to the right path.

ummsami89

Inshallah this man has accepted Islam and is following his shahada............

by the way,,,,,,,40 is not old!!! lol
I made shahada at 39, alhumduillah and I still consider myself young....at times.
sister Jamie
age 46

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I have a trained first Aider (or first Aid provider as they are called in America) and volunteer in the local community;

Sister! Keep up the good work…I also back-pack & travel a lot & you do meet a lot of interesting people and it is a very good opportunity for Daw’ah.