Some Sincere Advice To Every Christian By Dr. Saleh As-Saleh

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Introduction

Introduction

Most people agree to the fact that Allah's (God’s) Word cannot be contradictory.

What He spoke about Himself must be true. He made Himself known as The
Creator, The One, The Originator, and The Provider. He is the First, nothing is
before Him; The Last, nothing is after Him; The Most High, nothing is above Him;

The Most Near, nothing is beyond His reach, and He encompasses everything while He is above heavens, distinct and separate from His creatures. Great in His Majesty and Honor, Most Merciful, Severe in Punishment, All-Knower, Most
Compassionate, All-Wise, and All-Just; .Most Perfect in all of His Names and
Attributes. He does not beget, nor is He begotten. There is no equal to Him, and there is nothing like unto Him, and thus He alone deserves to be worshipped.

In essence, the religion as revealed1 to nations before us and to mankind up to the Day of Resurrection, calls for the worship of none but God (Allah). Any Message from the Perfect God is true, and cannot be contradictory. He entrusted many Prophets and/or Messengers since creation began on earth. Starting with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and ending with Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon them all, the essence of religion was and still is:

people must submit to their Creator and worship Him as He revealed to their respective Messengers and/or Prophets. This is the true Message, and Jesus, peace be upon Him, is one of those great Prophets and Messengers who was sent to the Children of Israel, after Moses, confirming the revelation sent down to Moses and the Gospel that he received from Allah.

This same Message was confirmed by Prophet Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon
him, believing in the true Gospel that came to Jesus and propagating the final and most comprehensive revelation to mankind, the Qur'an.

The Qur'an, being Allah's Word, confirms and attests to the true nature of Jesus, and this is not known by many people. This book will introduce the reader to the Qur'anic texts related to Jesus, peace be upon him, hoping that the truth regarding the personality of Jesus becomes clear.

Saleh As-Saleh
3/12/1415 AH
May 2, 1995 CE.
Revised 4/7/1425 AH
Sept. 18, 2004.

Footnote:

(1) Religion as a revelation from God, and in its original form is different from the concept of religion understood by many in the West. Many people founded for themselves certain disciplines and
practices and called it “religions.” The Word of Allah in all the revealed religions represented a concrete message defining the relationship of man to His Creator. The final and most comprehensive message which covers all codes of life until the Day of Resurrection was revealed to Prophet
Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon him.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
A Miracle...And a Human Was Born

A Miracle...And a Human Was Born

An Honorable Family

The family of Jesus is the Family of 'Imran. It was a family chosen by Allah:

إِنَّ اللّهَ اصْطَفَى آدَمَ وَنُوحًا وَآلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَآلَ عِمْرَانَ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ

ذُرِّيَّةً بَعْضُهَا مِن بَعْضٍ وَاللّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

آل عمران 33-34

"Allah chose Adam, Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran,
above the 'Alameen (mankind and jinns of their times). Offspring, one from the
other, and Allah is the All-Hearer, All-Knower
." (Qur'an2 3: 33-34)

An Honorable Mother under the Care of Allah

When Mary's mother, the wife of 'Imran, was pregnant, she made a vow:

إِذْ قَالَتِ امْرَأَةُ عِمْرَانَ رَبِّ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لَكَ مَا فِي بَطْنِي مُحَرَّرًا فَتَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي إِنَّكَ أَنتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

فَلَمَّا وَضَعَتْهَا قَالَتْ رَبِّ إِنِّي وَضَعْتُهَا أُنثَى وَاللّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا وَضَعَتْ وَلَيْسَ الذَّكَرُ كَالأُنثَى وَإِنِّي سَمَّيْتُهَا مَرْيَمَ وِإِنِّي أُعِيذُهَا بِكَ وَذُرِّيَّتَهَا مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ

سورة آل عمران 35-36

"(Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: 'O My Rabb3 (Allah)! I have vowed to You what is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your Place of Worship), so accept (this), from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing". (Qur'an 3: 35-36)

Allah accepted her invocation, and Mary was born and kept under the care of
Prophet Zachariah, as Allah, Most Glorified, had ordained:

فَتَقَبَّلَهَا رَبُّهَا بِقَبُولٍ حَسَنٍ وَأَنبَتَهَا نَبَاتًا حَسَنًا وَكَفَّلَهَا زَكَرِيَّا كُلَّمَا دَخَلَ عَلَيْهَا زَكَرِيَّا الْمِحْرَابَ وَجَدَ عِندَهَا رِزْقاً قَالَ يَا مَرْيَمُ أَنَّى لَكِ هَـذَا قَالَتْ هُوَ مِنْ عِندِ اللّهِ إنَّ اللّهَ يَرْزُقُ مَن يَشَاء بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

سورة آل عمران 37

"So her Rabb (Allah) accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow
in a good manner and put her under the care of Zachariah. Every time he
entered Al-Mihraab (a praying place or a private room) to (visit) her, he found
her supplied with sustenance. He said: 'O Mary! From where have you got
this?' She said, 'From Allah'. Verily, Allah provides sustenance to whom He
will, without counting."
(Qur'an 3: 37)

Allah chose her above all the women of her lifetime:

وَإِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللّهَ اصْطَفَاكِ وَطَهَّرَكِ وَاصْطَفَاكِ عَلَى نِسَاء الْعَالَمِينَ

سورة آل عمران آبة 42

"And (remember) when the angels said: 'O Mary! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of Al-'Alameen (mankind and jinns of her lifetime)." (Qur'an 3: 42)

The Good News

The angels brought Mary the good news about the birth of a "Word" from Allah.

The Word was Be! And he was! Jesus, son of Mary:

إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلآئِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ مِّنْهُ اسْمُهُ الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَجِيهًا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ

وَيُكَلِّمُ النَّاسَ فِي الْمَهْدِ وَكَهْلاً وَمِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ

سورة آل عمران آية 45-46

"(Remember) when the angels said: 'O Mary! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ("Be!"-and he was! i.e. Jesus the son of Mary) from Him, his name will be the Messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and in the Hereafter, and he will be one of those who are near to Allah. He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous." (Qur'an 3: 45-46)

The "Word" is not God, it is a Word from God, spoken by Him; it is the Word
“Be”- and he was! i.e. Jesus is a creation by the Command of Allah: Be! This
means he is not part of Allah. He, Most Glorified, does not partition Himself into any thing or any being.

Footnote:

(2) Whenever a translation of a verse is cited, then this refers to the translation of the meaning.

(3) Rabb: Allah is ar-Rabb: He is the One Who gave all things the power to grow, to move and to change, to Whom belongs the Creation and Commandment, The Master Who has no equal in His Sovereignty, Predominance, and Highness, The One Who Provides and Sustains all that exists.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Jesus: No Human Father!

Jesus: No Human Father!

Adam: No Human Father or Mother!

A Miraculous Creation

Mary received the news. She raised the question:

قَالَتْ رَبِّ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي وَلَدٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ قَالَ كَذَلِكِ اللّهُ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاء إِذَا قَضَى أَمْرًا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

سورة آل عمران آية 47

"She said: ' O My Rabb! How shall I have a son when no man has touched
me?" He said: "So, (it will be), for Allah creates what He wills. When He has
decreed something. He says to it only: "Be!"-and it is."
(Qur'an 3: 47)

Such Miraculous creation does not make him a "son of God." Adam had neither a father nor a mother. So, should we give him a “Special Divinity”? No one says this.

Thus ponder what Allah said concerning Adam and Jesus, peace be upon them
both:

إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِندَ اللّهِ كَمَثَلِ آدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِن تُرَابٍ ثِمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكَ فَلاَ تَكُن مِّن الْمُمْتَرِينَ

سورة آل عمران آية 59-60

"Verily, the likeness of Jesus in Allah's Sight is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!"-and he was. (This is) the truth from your Rabb, so be not of those who doubt." (Qur'an 3: 59-60)

And Allah does not beget. He, Most Exalted, says in the Qur'an (19: 88-95):

وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا
سورة مريم آية 88

"And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children)4."
(19: 88)

لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا

سورة مريم آية 89

"Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing." (19: 89)

تَكَادُ السَّمَاوَاتُ يَتَفَطَّرْنَ مِنْهُ وَتَنشَقُّ الْأَرْضُ وَتَخِرُّ الْجِبَالُ هَدًّا
سورة مريم آية 90

"Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the
mountains fall in ruins."
(19: 90)

أَن دَعَوْا لِلرَّحْمَنِ وَلَدًا
سورة مريم آية 91

"That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Beneficent
(Allah)."
(19: 91)

وَمَا يَنبَغِي لِلرَّحْمَنِ أَن يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا
سورة مريم آية 92

"But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Beneficent (Allah) that He
should beget a son (or offspring or children)."
(19: 92)

إِن كُلُّ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ إِلَّا آتِي الرَّحْمَنِ عَبْدًا

سورة مريم آية 93

"There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most
Beneficent (Allah) as a slave."
(19: 93)

لَقَدْ أَحْصَاهُمْ وَعَدَّهُمْ عَدًّا
سورة مريم آية 94

"Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting."
(19: 94)

وَكُلُّهُمْ آتِيهِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَرْدًا
سورة مريم آية 95

"And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection
(without any helper, or protector or defender).” (19: 95)

The Conception:

Mary miraculously conceived Jesus, and delivered a boy under a palm tree:

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ مَرْيَمَ إِذِ انتَبَذَتْ مِنْ أَهْلِهَا مَكَانًا شَرْقِيًّا

سورة مريم آية 16

"And mention in the Book (i.e. Qur'an, O Muhammad, the story of) Mary, when
she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing East."
(Qur'an 19: 16).

فَاتَّخَذَتْ مِن دُونِهِمْ حِجَابًا فَأَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْهَا رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَرًا سَوِيًّا

سورة مريم آية 17

"She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them (her family); then We 5 sent to her Our Rouh (angel Gabriel), and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects." (Qur'an 19: 17)

قَالَتْ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِالرَّحْمَن مِنكَ إِن كُنتَ تَقِيًّا

سورة مريم آية 18

"She said: 'Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if
you do fear Allah." (Qur'an 19: 18)

قَالَ إِنَّمَا أَنَا رَسُولُ رَبِّكِ لِأَهَبَ لَكِ غُلَامًا زَكِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 19

"(The angel) said: 'I am only a Messenger from your Rabb, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.' “(Qur'an 19: 19)

قَالَتْ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا

سورة مريم آية 20

"She said: 'How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I
unchaste?' " (Qur'an 19: 20)

قَالَ كَذَلِكِ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُ آيَةً لِلنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا وَكَانَ أَمْرًا مَّقْضِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 21

"He said: 'So (it will be), your Rabb said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah); And (We
wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it
is a matter (already) decreed , (by Allah).' " (Qur'an 19: 21)

فَحَمَلَتْهُ فَانتَبَذَتْ بِهِ مَكَانًا قَصِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 22

"So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e.
Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem)." (Qur'an 19: 22)

فَأَجَاءهَا الْمَخَاضُ إِلَى جِذْعِ النَّخْلَةِ قَالَتْ يَا لَيْتَنِي مِتُّ قَبْلَ هَذَا وَكُنتُ نَسْيًا مَّنسِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 23

"And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree. She said:
'Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!' "
(Qur'an 19: 23)

فَنَادَاهَا مِن تَحْتِهَا أَلَّا تَحْزَنِي قَدْ جَعَلَ رَبُّكِ تَحْتَكِ سَرِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 24

"Then (the babe "Jesus" or Gabriel) cried unto her from below her, saying:
'Grieve not! Your Rabb has provided a water stream under you."
(Qur'an 19:24)

وَهُزِّي إِلَيْكِ بِجِذْعِ النَّخْلَةِ تُسَاقِطْ عَلَيْكِ رُطَبًا جَنِيًّا

سورة مريم آية 25

"And shake the trunk of palm-tree towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates
upon you." (Qur'an 19: 25)

فَكُلِي وَاشْرَبِي وَقَرِّي عَيْنًا فَإِمَّا تَرَيِنَّ مِنَ الْبَشَرِ أَحَدًا فَقُولِي إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لِلرَّحْمَنِ صَوْمًا فَلَنْ أُكَلِّمَ الْيَوْمَ إِنسِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 26

"So eat and drink, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed
a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.' " (Qur'an 19: 26)

Then she brought the babe "Jesus" to her people. They could not believe what they saw:

فَأَتَتْ بِهِ قَوْمَهَا تَحْمِلُهُ قَالُوا يَا مَرْيَمُ لَقَدْ جِئْتِ شَيْئًا فَرِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 27

"Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: 'O
Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariyya (an unheard mighty thing)!' "
(Qur'an 19: 27)

يَا أُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ امْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 28

"O sister (i.e. the like) of 'Aaron6! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor was your mother an unchaste woman." (Qur'an 19: 28)

And he spoke in the cradle, explaining himself:

فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ قَالُوا كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِي الْمَهْدِ صَبِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 29

"Then she pointed to him. They said: 'How can we talk to one who is a child in
the cradle?' " (Qur'an 19: 29)

قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ آتَانِيَ الْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيًّا
سورة مريم آية 30

He (Jesus) said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture
and made me a Prophet.'' (Qur'an 19: 30)

وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكًا أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِالصَّلَاةِ وَالزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيًّا

سورة مريم آية 31

"And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me
prayer, and Zakat (prescribed charity), as long as I live." (Qur'an 19: 31)

وَبَرًّا بِوَالِدَتِي وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنِي جَبَّارًا شَقِيًّا

سورة مريم آية32

"And dutiful to my mother 7, and made me not arrogant, unblest." (Qur'an 19:32)

وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدتُّ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
سورة مريم آية 33

"And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die (after his descent to earth prior to the Day of Judgment), and the day I shall be raised alive (i.e. resurrection from his grave after on the Day of Judgment!" (Qur'an 19: 33)

Allah then stresses the reality of Jesus for all of those who have any doubt about him or his Message:

ذَلِكَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ قَوْلَ الْحَقِّ الَّذِي فِيهِ يَمْتَرُونَ
سورة مريم آية 34

"Such is Jesus, son of Mary, (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute)." (Qur'an 19: 34)

مَا كَانَ لِلَّهِ أَن يَتَّخِذَ مِن وَلَدٍ سُبْحَانَهُ إِذَا قَضَى أَمْرًا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

سورة مريم آية 35

"It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son8. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be"!-and it is." (Qur'an 19: 35)

Jesus was given given revelation (i.e. the original Gospel) fortified with miracles.

People at his time deeply believed in miracles. The manifestation of miracles on the hands of Jesus was to bring people to the belief that he was Allah’s Messenger.

وَيُعَلِّمُهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَالتَّوْرَاةَ وَالإِنجِيلَ
سورة آل عمران آية 48
"And He (Allah) will teach him (Jesus) the Book and Al-Hikmah9, (and) the
Torah and the Gospel." (Qur'an 3: 48)

وَرَسُولاً إِلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنِّي قَدْ جِئْتُكُم بِآيَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ أَنِّي أَخْلُقُ لَكُم مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًا بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَأُبْرِىءُ الأكْمَهَ والأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْيِـي الْمَوْتَى بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ
سورة آل عمران آية 49

"And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I
have come to you with a sign from your Rabb, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah’s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave.10 And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe." (Qur'an 3: 49).

وَمُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَلِأُحِلَّ لَكُم بَعْضَ الَّذِي حُرِّمَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَجِئْتُكُم بِآيَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ فَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُونِ
سورة آل عمران آية 50

"And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to
make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Rabb. So fear Allah and obey me." (Qur'an 3: 50)

And a clear Message:

إِنَّ اللّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ هَـذَا صِرَاطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ
سورة آل عمران آية 51

"Truly! Allah is my Rabb and your Rabb, so worship Him (Alone). This is the
Straight Path." (Qur'an 3: 51)

The Turning of Hearts to the Message of Jesus:

Jesus (peace be upon him) persevered in inviting people to Allah. By Allah's will, his companions turned to support him when he felt the plots of the disbelievers:

وَإِذْ أَوْحَيْتُ إِلَى الْحَوَارِيِّينَ أَنْ آمِنُواْ بِي وَبِرَسُولِي قَالُوَاْ آمَنَّا وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّنَا مُسْلِمُونَ
سورة المائدة آية 111

"And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of the disciples (of Jesus) to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are
Muslims (those who submit to Allah's will)." (Qur'an 5: 111)

فَلَمَّا أَحَسَّ عِيسَى مِنْهُمُ الْكُفْرَ قَالَ مَنْ أَنصَارِي إِلَى اللّهِ قَالَ الْحَوَارِيُّونَ نَحْنُ أَنصَارُ اللّهِ آمَنَّا بِاللّهِ وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّا مُسْلِمُونَ

رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا بِمَا أَنزَلَتْ وَاتَّبَعْنَا الرَّسُولَ فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ

وَمَكَرُواْ وَمَكَرَ اللّهُ وَاللّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ

سورة آل عمران آية 52-54

"Then when Jesus came to know of their disbelief (i.e. from the Children of
Israel), he said: 'Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?' The disciples said:
'We are the helpers of Allah (his religion); we believe in Allah, and bear
witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah). And they (disbelievers)
plotted (to kill Jesus), and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the
planners." (Qur'an 52-54)

The Qualities of Jesus

He was of human nature, one personality and not three, and a Messenger of Allah:

يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لاَ تَغْلُواْ فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلاَ تَقُولُواْ عَلَى اللّهِ إِلاَّ الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَى مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ فَآمِنُواْ بِاللّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلاَ تَقُولُواْ ثَلاَثَةٌ انتَهُواْ خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللّهُ إِلَـهٌ وَاحِدٌ سُبْحَانَهُ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَات وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ وَكَفَى بِاللّهِ وَكِيلاً

سورة النساء آية 171

"O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in
your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Jesus, son of
Mary, was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word ("Be!"-and he was) which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit (Rouh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: 'Three (trinity)! Cease! (It is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs." (Qur'an 4: 171)

مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ كَانَا يَأْكُلاَنِ الطَّعَامَ انظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الآيَاتِ ثُمَّ انظُرْ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ
سورة المائدة آية 75

"The Messiah (Jesus) son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger; many were
the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was a
Siddeeqah (i.e. she believed in the Words of Allah and His Books). They both
used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat)11. Look how We make the Aayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth)." (Qur'an 5: 75)

Although Jesus is a Rouh (spirit) from Allah, this does not mean that Jesus is an attribute of Allah Himself. Allah called Gabriel Rouhana (Our Rouh i.e. Our Spirit) and we know that Gabriel is a created angel, existing, and has his own created qualities. Similarly Allah says about the heavens and the earth that:

وَسَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا مِّنْهُ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لَّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
سورة الجاثية آية 13

"And has subjected to you all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth; it is all as a favor and kindness from Allah." (Qur'an 45: 13)

Clearly, the heavens and the earth are part of Allah's creation and not part of Allah Himself or an attribute of Him. We also read in the Qur'an: Allah's Messenger, Allah's House (referring to the K'aba in Makkah), etc. The Messenger, the House, etc. are like Allah's Spirit, in the sense that they are created persons or things that are honorable in Allah's Sight. However, when one of the two nouns is Allah and the second is neither a person nor a thing, then it is not a created thing but a quality of Allah e.g. Allah's Knowledge, Allah's Self, etc.

Therefore, Jesus is not an attribute of Allah. In fact Allah declares that those who believe in Jesus as God commit Kufr (disbelief):

لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَآلُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ قُلْ فَمَن يَمْلِكُ مِنَ اللّهِ شَيْئًا إِنْ أَرَادَ أَن يُهْلِكَ الْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَأُمَّهُ وَمَن فِي الأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا وَلِلّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاء وَاللّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

سورة المائدة آية 17

"Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary!
Say (O Muhammad, peace upon him): "Who then has the least power against
Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, this mother, and all
those who are on the earth together? And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And Allah is able to do all things." (Qur'an 5: 17)

The method of the creation of Jesus is one of the Signs of Allah showing His Great Ability of Creating as He Wills: from a male and a female (ourselves); from a male without a female (Eve); from a female without a male (Jesus), and from neither a male nor a female (Adam):

وَالَّتِي أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهَا مِن رُّوحِنَا وَجَعَلْنَاهَا وَابْنَهَا آيَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ

سورة الأنبياء آية 91

"And We made her and her son (Jesus) a sign for Al-'Alameen (mankind and
jinns)." (Qur'an 21: 91)

Jesus has the honor of being a slave of Allah:

لَّن يَسْتَنكِفَ الْمَسِيحُ أَن يَكُونَ عَبْداً لِّلّهِ وَلاَ الْمَلآئِكَةُ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ وَمَن يَسْتَنكِفْ عَنْ عِبَادَتِهِ وَيَسْتَكْبِرْ فَسَيَحْشُرُهُمْ إِلَيهِ جَمِيعًا

سورة النساء آية 172

"The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the
angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is
proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself." (Qur'an 4: 172)

................................................................................................

Footnote:

(4) As the Jews said: Ezra is the "son of Allah,” and the Christians said that Allah has "begotten a son (Christ, peace be upon him), and the pagan Arabs said that He has "begotten daughters (angels, etc.).

The same was said many times in the past, i.e. in the Greek Mythology. Allah is high above what they attribute to Him.

(5) The "We" refers to Allah Himself. This is for Glorification and Magnification. It is common with Semitic languages for any Monarch to use the "We" and "Us" when referring to himself. In England, people are familiar with the Royal “We” particular for the
Queen herself. To Allah belongs the best example. When Allah says "We" or "Us" no one who is familiar with the Arabic language understands that this refers to "more than one God united in one"! He is One and all of His Attributes describe Himself alone and are not qualities of separate "gods"! He, Allah, is the All-Merciful, The Compassionate, The Provider, and so forth.

(6) The 'Aaron mentioned here is not the brother of Moses, but he was a pious man at the time of Mary, peace be upon her.

(7) It is very strange to read in the Bible statements attributed to Jesus in which he was impolite to his mother! In John 2: 4, it reads: "He said to Mary, "Woman, what have I to do with you". Also in Matthew 12: 47, we find: "Then one said unto Jesus, "Behold, your mother and brethren stand without, desiring to talk to you" But he answered and said, "Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?" Certainly these cannot be the words of a great Prophet who has a great moral character. It is an insult against Jesus that Allah does not accept.

(8) Referring to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that Jesus is the son of Allah. In another statement in the Qur'an, Allah says:

وَقَالُواْ اتَّخَذَ اللّهُ وَلَدًا سُبْحَانَهُ بَل لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ كُلٌّ لَّهُ قَانِتُونَ

بَدِيعُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَإِذَا قَضَى أَمْراً فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

سورة البقرة آية 116-117

"And they (Jews, Christians, and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him." (Qur'an 116-117).

It has been a common trait in history for mankind to liken Allah to a human in some way or another, but Allah is totally unique. The Prophet Muhammad :saw:(may Allah's Praise and Peace be upon him) said: “Allah said: The son of Adam tells a lie against Me though he has no right to do so, and he abuses Me though he has no right to do so.

As for his telling a lie against Me, it is that he claims that I cannot recreate him as I created him before; and as for his abusing Me, it is his statement that I have a son (or offspring, etc.) No! Glorified be Me! I am far from taking a wife or a son (or offspring etc.”-Reported in the most authentic book of
Hadeeth (sayings, admonitions, actions, approvals, descriptions, etc. of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon him) known as Saheeh al-Bukhari, V. 6, Hadeeth # 9;

(9)Al-Hikmah: the way of understanding and application of religion (worship) and wisdom in dealing with people and calling them to the worship of Allah and the purpose of their creation.

(10) There are those who would say: "but Jesus raised the dead and thus he is God." The fact, however, is that these were miracles performed by Jesus by permission from Allah, his Rabb. According to the Bible statements attributed to Jesus, he said: "I can of mine own
self do nothing". (John 5:30). "The power is given unto me" (Mat 28:18) "I cast devils by the "Spirit (i.e., Will) of God." (Mat. 12:28). "Jesus of Nazareth a man approved of God among you by miracles." (Acts 2:20). "You seek to kill me a man that has told you the truth which I have heard of God" (John 8:40). The man-Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) was created, and was given Revelation from Allah to call the Israelites to the worship of Allah alone. At the same time, like many Prophets and Messengers before him,
Allah gave him certain miracles to show His Signs to those who were being called to submit to Allah, and in order to make their hearts content and certain.

(11) Jesus and his mother ate the food and walked the streets. Allah does not need anything; He is Self-Sufficient. One would imagine that people who contemplate would recognize this fact and come to the natural conclusion that Divinity is for Allah alone and not a quality of any created being.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Jesus Never Claimed to Be God (Allah)

Jesus Never Claimed to Be God (Allah)

No one who receives Revelation from Allah can claim himself Divine or God:

مَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُؤْتِيَهُ اللّهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحُكْمَ وَالنُّبُوَّةَ ثُمَّ يَقُولَ لِلنَّاسِ كُونُواْ عِبَادًا لِّي مِن دُونِ اللّهِ وَلَـكِن كُونُواْ رَبَّانِيِّينَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تُعَلِّمُونَ الْكِتَابَ وَبِمَا كُنتُمْ تَدْرُسُونَ

وَلاَ يَأْمُرَكُمْ أَن تَتَّخِذُواْ الْمَلاَئِكَةَ وَالنِّبِيِّيْنَ أَرْبَابًا أَيَأْمُرُكُم بِالْكُفْرِ بَعْدَ إِذْ أَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ

سورة آل عمران آية 79-80

"It is not (possible) for any human being to whom Allah has given the Book
and Al-Hukma (knowledge and understanding of the laws of religion, etc.) and
Prophethood to say to the people: "Be my worshippers rather than Allah's."
On the contrary (he would say): Be you Rabbaniyyun (learned men of religion
who practice what they know and also preach others), because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it. Nor would he order you to take angels and Prophets for lords (gods). Would he order you to disbelieve after you have submitted to Allah's will?" (Qur'an 3: 79-80)

This statement from Allah affirms the human nature of Prophets and Messengers.

Prophet Muhammad :saw: (Peace be upon him) advised that:"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a slave. So call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger."
Saheeh Al-Bukhari, V. 4, Hadeeth # 654.

The exaggerated praise of Jesus12 has led many to consider him as God besides Allah! Surely this is disbelief in Allah, the Most Perfect, and the Self-Sufficient:

لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ

سورة المائدة آية 72

"Surely, they have disbelieved who say: 'Allah is the Messiah (Jesus), son of
Mary'..." (Qur'an 5: 72)

And Jesus emphasized that:

وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللّهُ عَلَيهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ

سورة المائدة آية 72

"But the Messiah (Jesus) said: 'O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Rabb
(Lord) and your Rabb (Lord).' Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship
with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his
abode. And for the polytheists and wrong-doers, there are no helpers." (Qur'an 5: 72)

And a warning to those who called for making him Three in One, One in Three. A concept never understood even by many Christians. This Trinity concept was adopted by the Pauline Church in the year 325 C.E. It was never preached by Jesus himself:

لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ ثَالِثُ ثَلاَثَةٍ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَـهٍ إِلاَّ إِلَـهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِن لَّمْ يَنتَهُواْ عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ

سورة المائدة 73

"Surely, disbelievers are those who said: 'Allah is the third of three (in a
Trinity)' but there is no true god who has the right to be worshipped except
One God-Allah. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful
torment will befall the disbelievers among them." (Qur'an 5: 73)

Allah calls them to repent, saying:

أَفَلاَ يَتُوبُونَ إِلَى اللّهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَهُ وَاللّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

سورة المائدة آية 74

"Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-
Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 5: 74)

Repentance is something that pleases Allah. It is a manifestation of submission to Him, and it does not require any intermediary. Prophet Muhammad :saw:(Praise and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
"Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than anyone of you is pleased with finding his camel which he had lost in a desert."
Saheeh Al-Bukhari, V. 8, Hadeeth # 321.

...........................................................................................

Footnote

(12) Given the weak nature of man, such exaggeration have touched many people other than Jesus, peace be upon him. People in different parts of the world have set up rivals to the Creator, offering prayers, and all forms of worship to them

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
The Plot and the Resurrection

The Plot and the Resurrection

Every Prophet was opposed by those who rejected the Message he brought from Allah. This conflict has been determined by Allah from way before creation itself.

Like many Prophets who were sent to the Children of Israel, Jesus, peace be upon him, was opposed and a plot was made to kill him:

لَقَدْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَأَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْهِمْ رُسُلاً كُلَّمَا جَاءهُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لاَ تَهْوَى أَنْفُسُهُمْ فَرِيقًا كَذَّبُواْ وَفَرِيقًا يَقْتُلُونَ

سورة المائدة آية 70

"Verily, We took the covenant of the Children of Israel and sent them
Messengers. Whenever there came to them a Messenger with what they
themselves desired not- a group of them they called liars and others among
them they killed." (Qur'an 5: 70)

Those who disbelieved were cursed by Allah:

لُعِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ عَلَى لِسَانِ دَاوُودَ وَعِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ ذَلِكَ بِمَا عَصَوا وَّكَانُواْ يَعْتَدُونَ
سورة المائدة آية 78

"Those amongst the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the
tongue of David and Jesus, son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed
(Allah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond doubts."
(Qur'an 5: 78)

وَبِكُفْرِهِمْ وَقَوْلِهِمْ عَلَى مَرْيَمَ بُهْتَانًا عَظِيمًا
سورة النساء آية 156

"And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Mary a grave false
charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse)." (Qur'an 4: 156)

Allah saved Jesus from their tongues and hands and took him to Himself:

إِذْ قَالَ اللّهُ يَا عِيسَى إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ
سورة آل عمران آية 55

"And (remember) when Allah said: 'O Jesus! I will take you and raise you
(body and soul) to Myself and clear you of those who disbelieve."
(Qur'an 3: 55)

وَإِذْ كَفَفْتُ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ عَنكَ إِذْ جِئْتَهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْهُمْ إِنْ هَـذَا إِلاَّ سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
سورةالمائدة آية 110

"(And remember) when I (Allah) restrained the Children of Israel from you
(when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs,
and the disbelievers among them said: "This is nothing but evident magic."
(Qur'an 5: 110)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
The Saving of Jesus from the Crucifixion and Then His Ascension

The Saving of Jesus from the Crucifixion and Then His Ascension

The Jews claimed, and still claim, that they crucified Jesus, but Allah restrained them from that and saved Jesus, peace be upon him, by taking him up to Himself:

وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا

سورة النساء آية 157

"And because of their (the Jews) saying (in boast), 'We killed Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him,
but the resemblance of Jesus was put over another man (and they killed that
man), AND THOSE WHO DIFFER THEREIN ARE FULL OF DOUBTS. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely, they killed him not (i.e. Jesus, son of Mary)." (Qur'an 4: 157)

بَل رَّفَعَهُ اللّهُ إِلَيْهِ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا
سورة النساء آية 158

"But Allah raised him (Jesus) up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he
is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise."( Qur'an 4: 158)

This was a great honor to Jesus, peace be upon him.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
The Descent of Jesus

The Descent of Jesus

Prophet Muhammad:saw:, peace be upon him, explained the descent of Jesus before the establishment of the Last Hour:

"...and he (Jesus) will descend at the white minaret13 in the Eastern side of Damascus wearing two garments lightly dyed with saffron and placing his hands on the wings of two Angels. When he would lower his head, there would fall beads of perspiration from his head, and when he would raise it up, beads like pearls would scatter from it. Every non-believer who would smell the odor of his self would die and his breath would reach as far as he would be able to see. He would then search for him (the false Christ) until he would catch hold of him at the gate of Ludd14 and would kill him...."
Saheeh Muslim, V. 4, Hadeeth # 7015

He, peace be upon him, also said: "By Him in whose hands is my soul, surely
(Jesus), the son of Mary (peace be upon both of them) will shortly descend
amongst you and will judge mankind justly, by the Law of the Qur'an (as a
just ruler); he will break the cross and kill the pigs and there will be no
Jizya.15 Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it."

The narrator of the above saying of the Prophet :saw:(praise and blessing of Allah be upon him)) added:

"If you wish, you can recite (this verse from the Qur'an):

وَإِن مِّنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ إِلاَّ لَيُؤْمِنَنَّ بِهِ قَبْلَ مَوْتِهِ وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ شَهِيدًا
سورة النساء آية 159

"And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but
must believe in him (i.e. Jesus, as a Messenger of Allah and a human being),
before his (Jesus, or a Jew's or a Christian's) death.16 And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them." (Qur'an 4: 159)

Saheeh Al-Bukhari, V.4, Hadeeth # 657.

..................................................................................................
Footnote:

(13) Near the eastern side of the Ummayed Mosque in Damascus.

(14)This lies within the Israeli occupied land of Palestine. In it is an international airport and the city is called Al-Ludd.

(15) Jizya: a tax imposed on non-Muslims who would keep their religion rather than embracing Islam. This tax will not be accepted by Jesus, peace be upon him, as all people will be required to embrace Islam, and there will be no other alternative. It is the religion of all Prophets and Messengers and it is the one and only religion accepted by its Originator, Allah.

(16) "Before his death" has two interpretations: a) before the death of Jesus after his descent from the heavens and after he rules in justice when Allah will send a pleasant wind which, as Prophet Muhammad :saw:(upon him and Jesus be peace) explained: "would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them"-reported in Saheeh Muslim, V. 4, Hadeeth # 7015, P. 1518.; or b) a Jew's or a Christian’s death, at the time of the appearance of the Angel of Death when he will realize that Jesus was not God, or the son of God!

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Why Is It That Jesus Will Rule by Qur'an And Not the Gospel?

Why Is It That Jesus Will Rule by Qur'an And Not the Gospel?

The essence of Allah’s Religion revealed to all the Prophets and Messengers is one:

it calls for the worship and submission to Allah alone, avoiding all false deities.
This is the meaning of Islam. This message was in the original Gospel that was
revealed to Jesus as well as in all the original Scriptures before and in the Last
Revelation to mankind:

وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ
سورة النحل آية 36

"And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (nation, community) a
Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (alone)," and avoid (or keep away
from) Taghut (all false deities)." (Qur'an 16: 36)

إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللّهِ الإِسْلاَمُ

سورة آل عمران آية 19

"The religion accepted by Allah is Islam (submission of one’s will to Allah and
abiding by His Laws, and keeping all worship to Him alone)." (Qur'an 3: 19)

Jesus confirmed the Torah before him, and preached the Gospel calling the
Children of Israel to submit, as in the Torah, to Allah alone. He did not call for
anything that contradicts the Gospel, like Trinity or attributing sons to God, etc.

All of these false concepts were exposed in the Last Revelation, the Qur'an, where Allah stated that He took the Covenant from all the Prophets, including Jesus, that:

وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّيْنَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَى ذَلِكُمْ إِصْرِي قَالُواْ أَقْرَرْنَا قَالَ فَاشْهَدُواْ وَأَنَاْ مَعَكُم مِّنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ

سورة آل عمران آية 81

"And (remember) when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: 'Take
whatever I gave you from the Book and Al-Hikmah (understanding of the Laws
of Allah, etc.) and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger Muhammad,
peace be upon him) confirming what is with you; you must believe in him and
help him'. Allah said: 'Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant
(which I concluded with you)?' They said: 'We agree'. He said: 'Then bear
witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this)'." (Qur'an 3: 81)

The Covenant is a testimony to the unified message of all of the Messengers of Allah. Naturally, Jesus is a follower of Allah and of His Messages. He abided by the Covenant in which he was told of the coming of Muhammad :saw:(peace be upon him).

He brought this news to the attention of the Children of Israel, hence fulfilling the Covenant, and called his followers to believe and follow the Last Message to mankind, the Qur’an, when it reaches them:

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
سورة الصف آية 6

"And (remember) when Jesus, son of Mary, said: 'O Children of Israel! I am
the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Torah (which came) before
me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me whose name shall
be Ahmed17. But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad, peace be upon him) came to them with clear proofs, they said: This is plain magic." (Qur'an 61: 6).

Therefore, Jesus will not rule by other than the Laws of Allah, since the last
Message of Allah is the Qur'an, and by being a follower of Allah's Revelation, Jesus will not call people to ascribe partners to Allah. He did not call upon the Jews or Christians to take himself or the monks and rabbis as gods besides Allah:

اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُواْ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُواْ إِلَـهًا وَاحِدًا لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
سورة التوبة آية 31

"They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords
besides Allah, (and they, the Christians, took as their lord) Messiah, son of Mary, while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded (in the Torah and the Gospel) to worship none but One Ilah (God-Allah), none has the right to be worshipped but He18. Praise and glory be to Him, (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)." (Qur'an 9: 31)

That is why the people of the Book are called to dissociate themselves from all forms of worship to other than Allah:

قُلْ يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ تَعَالَوْاْ إِلَى كَلَمَةٍ سَوَاء بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَكُمْ أَلاَّ نَعْبُدَ إِلاَّ اللّهَ وَلاَ نُشْرِكَ بِهِ شَيْئًا وَلاَ يَتَّخِذَ بَعْضُنَا بَعْضاً أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ
سورة آل عمران آية 64

"Say (O Muhammad, peace be upon him): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah." (Qur'an 3: 64)

.................................................................................................
Footnote:

(17) The Prophet Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon him, said: "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmed: I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate Al-Kfr (infidelity): I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, the people being resurrected thereafter; and I am also Al-'Aqib (i.e. there will be no Prophet after him).”-Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhari, V. 4, Hadeeth # 732.

Ahmed literally means: "One who praises Allah more than others." Also it means, the “the praised one.” Prophet Muhammad is foretold in Deut 18: 18, and in the Gospel of St. John (14/16,25,26,27), as the “Prophet to come”, and the “future Comforter,” respectively. Christians understand that the “Comforter” is the Holy Spirit. However, the Holy Spirit is Gabriel, who was supporting and guiding Jesus throughout his mission. The “Comforter” is a translation from the Greek for the word “Paracletos,” which is a corrupt reading for “Periclytos,” almost a translation of the meaning of “Muhammad” or “Ahmed.”

(18) While Allah's Messenger:saw:, peace be upon him, was reciting this verse, 'Adi bin Hatim (one of the Prophet's companions) said: "O Allah's Messenger! They (Jews and Christians) do not worship them (i.e. the rabbis and monks)." Allah's Messenger, praise and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: "They certainly do. They (i.e. the rabbis and monks) made lawful things as unlawful, and unlawful things as lawful, and they (i.e. Jews and Christians) followed them (i.e. knowing that the lawful was unlawful and visa versa); and by doing so, they really worshipped them."-Narrated by
several authorities of Hadeeth including Imam Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, and Ibn Jareer.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
What Is Next?

What Is Next?

This message is an advice to Christians in particular, and its essence is also an address to the followers of beliefs other than Islam. The Message is that: Prophets, Messengers, saints, righteous men, trees, rivers, the moon, the sun, planets, stars,desire, fire, light, Buddha, Popes, monks, Rabbis, Sheikhs, Krishnas, Temples, Crosses, heroes, men (yellow, black or white), philosophies, emotions, etc. are creation in one form or another. They are not self sufficient, and not divine. The righteous in the Sight of Allah are the pious who follow, hope in, love, and fear Allah and do not ascribe partners to Him in worship. The most noble of men are the Prophets and their followers who submit to the will of Allah.

قُولُواْ آمَنَّا بِاللّهِ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْنَا وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالأسْبَاطِ وَمَا أُوتِيَ مُوسَى وَعِيسَى وَمَا أُوتِيَ النَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ
سورة البقرة آية 136

"Say: 'We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that
which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Jacob), and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus (in their original and un-altered forms), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Rabb. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)." (Qur'an 2: 136)

The last of those Prophets is Muhammad :saw:, peace be upon them all. Mankind are called to obey Allah and His Prophet:

(i) For the Hereafter, there are glad tidings to the obedient ones. Allah says:

وَمَن يُطِعِ اللّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ يُدْخِلْهُ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا وَذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ
سورة النساء آية 13

"And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad-peace be upon
him) will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), to
abide therein, and that will be the great success." (Qur'an 4: 13)

And for those who disobey and transgress, the Messenger brings them the saying of Allah:

وَمَن يَعْصِ اللّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيَتَعَدَّ حُدُودَهُ يُدْخِلْهُ نَارًا خَالِدًا فِيهَا وَلَهُ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

سورة النساء آية 14

"And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, and transgresses His limits,
He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein, and he shall have a disgraceful
torment." (Qur'an 4: 14)

The glad tidings and warnings brought by the Messengers are key factors that
influence the human soul. Naturally, the soul aspires for what is good and likes to drive away evil. The Messengers enlighten the human soul by informing it about the great good (i.e. Paradise) that can be achieved as a result of having the right belief and doing righteous deeds. The person will then be eager to acquire such good. On the other hand, when the soul is informed about the great harm (i.e. Hell Fire) that may be inflicted upon it if it rejects Allah and His Message, it may refrain from committing what may be hurtful to itself. The glad tiding about the Great Bounties of Allah is something that brings sweetness to the heart and satisfaction to the soul, as well as pleasure to our innermost senses. Listen to what Allah, the Exalted, says about the Paradise:

عَلَى سُرُرٍ مَّوْضُونَةٍ

مُتَّكِئِينَ عَلَيْهَا مُتَقَابِلِينَ

يَطُوفُ عَلَيْهِمْ وِلْدَانٌ مُّخَلَّدُونَ

بِأَكْوَابٍ وَأَبَارِيقَ وَكَأْسٍ مِّن مَّعِينٍ

لَا يُصَدَّعُونَ عَنْهَا وَلَا يُنزِفُونَ

وَفَاكِهَةٍ مِّمَّا يَتَخَيَّرُونَ

وَلَحْمِ طَيْرٍ مِّمَّا يَشْتَهُونَ

وَحُورٌ عِينٌ

كَأَمْثَالِ اللُّؤْلُؤِ الْمَكْنُونِ

جَزَاء بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

لَا يَسْمَعُونَ فِيهَا لَغْوًا وَلَا تَأْثِيمًا

إِلَّا قِيلًا سَلَامًا سَلَامًا

وَأَصْحَابُ الْيَمِينِ مَا أَصْحَابُ الْيَمِينِ

فِي سِدْرٍ مَّخْضُودٍ

وَطَلْحٍ مَّنضُودٍ

وَظِلٍّ مَّمْدُودٍ

وَمَاء مَّسْكُوبٍ

وَفَاكِهَةٍ كَثِيرَةٍ

لَّا مَقْطُوعَةٍ وَلَا مَمْنُوعَةٍ

وَفُرُشٍ مَّرْفُوعَةٍ

إِنَّا أَنشَأْنَاهُنَّ إِنشَاء

فَجَعَلْنَاهُنَّ أَبْكَارًا

عُرُبًا أَتْرَابًا

لِّأَصْحَابِ الْيَمِينِ

سورة الواقعة آية 15-38

"(They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones * Reclining
thereon, face to face* They will be served by immortal boys, with cups and
jugs and a glass from the flowing wine * Wherefrom they will get neither
aching of the head nor any intoxication * And fruit, that they may choose *
And flesh of fowls that they may desire * And (there will be) Houron (fair
females), 'Een (with wide, lovely eyes: as wives for the pious) * Like unto
preserved pearls * A reward for what they used to do * No vain speaking will
they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like backbiting etc.) * But only the
saying of: Salam! Salam!" (Greeting with peace).19 * And those on the Right
Hand, who will be the companions of the Right Hand?* (They will be) among
thornless lote-trees. * Among Talh (Banana-trees) with fruits piled one above
another, * In shade long extended, * By water flowing constantly, * And fruit
in plenty, * Whose season is not limited and their supply will not be cut off, *
And on couches or thrones, raised high. * Verily, We have created them
(maidens) of special creation. * And made them virgins. * Loving (their
husbands only), equal in age, * For those on the Right Hand."
(Qur'an 56: 15-38)

And Contemplate About Those in the House of Misery: Hell

وَأَصْحَابُ الشِّمَالِ مَا أَصْحَابُ الشِّمَالِ

فِي سَمُومٍ وَحَمِيمٍ

وَظِلٍّ مِّن يَحْمُومٍ

لَّا بَارِدٍ وَلَا كَرِيمٍ

إِنَّهُمْ كَانُوا قَبْلَ ذَلِكَ مُتْرَفِينَ

سورة الواقعة آية 41-45

"And, those of the Left Hand, who will be the companions of the Left Hand? *
In fierce hot wind and boiling water, * And Shadow of black Smoke. * (That
Shadow) neither cool nor (even) good. * Verily, before that, they were indulged in luxury." (Qur’an 56: 41-45)

They preferred the worship of others than Allah over their True Rabb and Creator. They set up rivals with Allah. This is the result of their ungratefulness, underestimation, and ill-opinion of Allah:

ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ أَيُّهَا الضَّالُّونَ الْمُكَذِّبُونَ

لَآكِلُونَ مِن شَجَرٍ مِّن زَقُّومٍ

فَمَالِؤُونَ مِنْهَا الْبُطُونَ

فَشَارِبُونَ عَلَيْهِ مِنَ الْحَمِيمِ

فَشَارِبُونَ شُرْبَ الْهِيمِ

هَذَا نُزُلُهُمْ يَوْمَ الدِّينِ

سورة الواقعة آية 51-56

"Then moreover, verily, you the erring, the deniers (of the Resurrection)!* You verily will eat of the trees of Zaqqum (a tree in Hell having a loathsome smell and very bitter fruit!) * Then you will fill your bellies therewith,* And drink boiling water on top of it, * So you will drink (that) like thirsty camels!* That will be their entertainment on the Day of Recompense!"
(Qur'an 56: 51-56)

..................................................................................................

Footnote:

(19) Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that Allah's Messenger said, "The first group (of people) who will enter Paradise will be (glittering) like the moon on a fullmoon night. They will not spit, or blow their noses or relieve nature. Their utensils therein will be of gold, and their combs of gold and silver; in their censers (a vessel in which incense is burned) the aloes wood will be used, and their sweat will smell like
musk. Everyone of them will have two wives; the marrow of the bones of the wives' legs will be seen through the flesh, out of excessive beauty. They (the people of Paradise) will neither have difference, nor enmity (hostility) amongst themselves: their hearts will be as if one heart, and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the afternoon."
(Saheeh al-Bukhari, V.4, Hadeeth # 468)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
A Final Note

A Final Note

I ask you to be fair, and do not let today's hate directed against Islam and the wrongdoings by some Muslims stand between you and knowing about Islam.20 The real issue is the salvation of man. Each will be held responsible for his deeds. The Religion of Allah is comprehensive; it deals justly with both, the non-believers and the wrong-doers. Allah is the All-Just and All-Wise. All mankind is called to submit to Him Alone. He does not intend confusion for His creation: He does not tell different nations in
any place and at any time to worship creation in any form or shape. He wants
mankind to free itself from worshipping other than Him. This is the meaning of
Islam and it represents the natural inclination on which man is created. On the Day of Judgment, people will be judged according to their acceptance or rejection of Allah’s Command which came in the Last Revelation, the Qur’an. You may be able to find a copy of the translated meaning of the Qur’an in your language at a Book Store, Public Library, University Library, the Internet, etc. In case you could not find one, please write to “King Fahd Noble Qur’an Printing Complex. P.O. Box 3561, Al-Madinah Al-Munawarah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”

Finally, in case you wonder why some statements attributed to the Bible were cited while knowing that alterations and modifications took place therein, then this is explained as follows:

1-The Islamic position regarding the Bible is that it contains truth and falsehood. The Criteria to find out the truth is to check the Revelation after it, i.e. the Qur’an where this is clearly stated. So whatever agrees with the Qur’an, then it is true, otherwise it is not.

2-Due to this mixing of truth and falsehood, Allah abrogated the Bible and the
Torah as well, making the Qur’an the final Testimony until the Day of Resurrection.

3-Hence, the Quotations made either are in agreement with the Qur’an or the
Qur’an stands in correction of them.
And to Allah we shall all return to account....

Saleh As-Saleh
Acknowledgement:
May Allaah, the Most High, reward with all good sis Umm Ahmad Al-Kanadiyyah
for her excellent editing and suggestions.

......................................................................................................
Footnote:

(20) There is a great deal of oppression and injustice done to Muslims in many part of the World. Little is said about the terror done to them. However, when any wrong committed by an individual Muslim
or a group of Muslims, all the news center on “Islamic Terrorism”! Even before investigations are completed, the news media bring their “think-tanks” and start their “speculations” about the “looks of the people” and whether they have “Middle Eastern Features”! Many acts of terror were done and still being committed by Christian, Jewish, or Buddhist individuals and/or groups or states. We do not hear the cry about “Jewish Terrorism,” “Christian
Terrorism,”, or “Buddhist Terrorism,”...Only when it comes to Islam and Muslims, we see the labeling headlines read “Islamic this and that”! Remember the IRA? Did you ever hear of “Roman Catholic Terrorism”? Islam does not condone any act of terrorism. The religion of Allah does not condone injustice from anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim.