1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste after baking
3/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 large egg white
plus generous pinches of each of these spices to sprinkle over the top of the nuts just before they go in the oven.

Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.

Mix together salt, sugar and spices. Set aside.

Whip egg white in a medium bowl until loose and frothy. Add the raw nuts and toss to coat. Add the mixed spices. Toss to coat as evenly as possible.

Spread seasoned nuts in a single layer across the greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle nuts with a bit more seasoning. A generous pinch of each. You can totally eyeball it.

Place nuts in the oven and let bake for 7 minutes. Remove nuts from the oven to toss and flip. Return to the oven for another five minutes. Toss and flip them again and then bake for another 3 minutes. Nuts should be nicely browned. Carefully taste the nuts and add more salt to taste. Cool nuts completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for a week.

Source: http://joythebaker.com/2010/10/spicy-roasted-pumpkin-and-sunflower-seeds/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Sweet and spicy almonds

Sweet and Spicy Baked Almonds

1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups raw almonds
2 Tablespoons water

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F/165C. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Mix sugar, fennel, salt and pepper flakes in a medium sized bowl. Add the almonds and water and stir until coated. Pour onto the foil lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.

Bake the almonds for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir almonds around. Return to the oven and bake for another 17 minutes, checking and stirring the almonds 2 to 3 more times. Almonds will turn beautifully dark brown. Remove from the oven and separate with a fork. Cool and remove from the pan to a serving bowl or an airtight container for storage.

Source: http://joythebaker.com/2009/05/sweet-and-spicy-almonds/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
One more way for the spicy roasted pumpkin seeds:

give the seeds a good rinse with luke warm water, making sure you get the orange stringy bits off the seeds...
after they have been cleaned pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or just regular clean towel..

for spicy roasted seeds you will need some red chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt
mix that in a with some veg oil

put the seeds in the bowl of your spice mixture and stir well with fork so all the seeds are coated with the spice mix

DSC03155_zps81a32d6c.jpg

you will need a flat baking tray, i cover mine with tin foil, and brush a little oil on it so the seeds dont stick....
spread them out evenly, minor overlapping is ok, but try to spread them out evenly as you can

[/URL
]
[URL="http://s198.photobucket.com/user/sajid_012/media/muslimgrower/DSC03161_zpsd2c30131.jpg.html"]

I roast them at 230C gas mark 5 for 15 minutes first, you can see the flakes and chili stuck to the seeds..

after around 15 mins i turn them over with a fork as best i can for another 15 minutes..
they look nice and brown, at this point its best to take a few out, make sure they are not hot when you pop one in your mouth, if its crunchy and spicy, they are done, if they are a bit chewy leave them in for another 5 minutes

i cant believe they are spicy crunchy and really tasty, i am rally peased with the results, and in future i will never throw away my pumpkin/squash seeds :)
i put them in this small jar..

DSC03176_zps97ff3d76.jpg
[/URL]

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Mexican Chile and Lime Peanuts

IMG_6292.JPG

Ingredients:
* 3 cups salted dry-roasted peanuts
* juice of 1 lime, approximately 2 Tablespoons
* 1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons of your favorite hot chile powder (can also use cayenne)
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar

Directions:

Place the peanuts in a single layer of a large frying or saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until they become very fragrant.

Add the lime juice and stir to mix. Quickly add the paprika, salt, chile powder or cayenne, cumin and sugar and toss well to distribute the spices.

Remove to a bowl and let cool before serving.

Source: http://www.girlcooksworld.com/2011/07/mexican-chile-and-lime-peanuts.html