spiritual marriage?

Sheba_770

Assalum alaikum,
I am new and still learning. I have a friend ,who claims you can have a spiritual marriage as long as there is one witness involved? is this possible? and what exactly is a spiritual marriage?
Thanks, Sheba

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

I dont know what you mean.

Marriage in Islam is of one kind and it must be known, no secret marriages.

wasalam

khangul

your sister
:salam2:
the concept of spiritual marriage has no corner in islam ,ther must be present at least 2 men or 4 women as witness .but the consent of man and woman concerd is the most essential.
ALLAH KNOWS BETTER
:wasalam:

Aref

salam aleikum Sheba.

spiritual marriage in islam in simply none existing, islam is not made from metafisical puzles like many other religions, is simple an direct and apealing to the mind and heart.
we are made from 2 components one material (the body) and one spiritual(the soul,about wich Allah is the only one who knows it's reality).
In an islamic marriage is intended that those to components remain in armony with each other acording to the sharia.
for an islamic marriage to be valid some things are neded:
1* proposal.
2*acceptance: It is reported that when a girl came to the Prophet(p.o.h) complaining that she had been married without being consulted, the Prophet directed that she was free to have the marriage dissolved if she wished.
3*maher (dowry):The Muslim dowry is a gift from the bridegroom to the bride and it becomes her exclusive property,(generaly is a gift in money)
4*two witneses:these shold be to balig (who have reached the age of maturity), wich is not like in our society 18 or 21 years old, in islam, a boy is consider to be balig when he has the ability of making a woman pregnant, and a girl is consider to be balig when she has the hability of becoming pregnant.
should be two male,or one male and two female.(4 female witneses wil not render the marriage(nika)valid, not 4 not 10 (no ofence to te sisters).
even tough in the quran says that 1 man is equal to 2 woman, the sharia is made from 2 sources the quran(wich is the word of Allah) and the ahadiz (wich is the word of the prohpet Mohammad(p.o.h).
once the proposal is made and the girl declares her acceptance, the marriage is completed.
i have witnesed a few marriages and the proces is quite simple,generaly the
the imam reads the name of the man and the name of the woman to whom he proposes then the imam ask her reply (generaly is yes alhamdulilla).

i hope that some of this result to be useful, an if it is, then alhamdulillah and if is not then alhamdulillah.
salam alaikum.