<<< Spreading the 'ILM >>>

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Narrated Anas RA:

The Prophet SAW had informed the people about the death of Zaid, Ja'far and Ibn Rawaha before the news of their death reached them. He said with his eyes flowing with tears, "Zaid took the flag and was martyred; then Ja'far took the flag and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took the flag and was martyred. Finally the flag was taken by one of Allah's Swords (i.e. Khalid bin Al-Walid) and Allah gave them (i.e. the Muslims) victory."

*SubhanAllah. A beautiful Hadith*

Next:Du'a (Supplication)

It was narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Hunayf that a blind man came to the Prophet (S) and said: Pray to Allaah to heal me. He said, “If you wish, you may delay the reward until the Hereafter, for that is better, or if you wish, I will make du’aa’ for you.” He said, Make du’aa’. So he told him to do wudoo’ and do it well, and to pray two rak’ahs, and to say this du’aa’: “Allaahumma inni as’aluka wa atawajjahu ilayka bi Muhammadin Nabi al-rahmah. Yaa Muhammad inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbiy fi haajati haadhihi li tuqdaa. Allaahumma shaffi’hu fiyya (O Allaah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by the virtue of Muhammad the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned my face by virtue of you to my Lord concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allaah, accept his intercession concerning me).”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3578; Ibn Maajah, 1385; this hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1279

next topic:TAHAJUD!!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

Answering Tahajud:

وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَى أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا

And (during part) of the night, abandon sleep and keep vigil to pray Salat, in addition to the regular obligatory prayer. Your Rabb (the Sustainer) may (as a reward) elevate you to the position of High Distinction, Glory and Praise.”[THE HOLY QUR’AN: 17:79]

pints: 2:(

Next: Orphan

wasalam

IbnAhmad

Allah SWT tells us in Surah Al-Insan:

And feed with food the needy wretch, the orphan and the prisoner, for love of Him, (8) (Saying): We feed you, for the sake of Allah only. We wish for no reward nor thanks from you; (9)

*As Muslims we should take this seriously. Some Brothers and Sisters are not as fortunate as us and it is our responisbility to reach out to those, trying to support them in the best ways we can*

Next: Greed

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Greed

Asalamu alaykum

Beware of greed
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 76 :: Hadith 448
Narrated Hakim bin Hizam:
I asked the Prophet (for some money) and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me and he then said, "This wealth is (like) green and sweet (fruit), and whoever takes it without greed, Allah will bless it for him, but whoever takes it with greed, Allah will not bless it for him, and he will be like the one who eats but is never satisfied. And the upper (giving) hand is better than the lower (taking) hand."

Greed is another great disease, as harmful for the life of Islam as enmity
Greed is the excess fondness of money and fortune. It is one of the bad manners that draw to various evils and sins. Greed is selfish excessive or uncontrolled desire for possession or pursuit of money, wealth, food, or other possessions, especially when this denies the same goods to others.

Next: Loving/hating for the sake of Allah

wasalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamu alaykum

Beware of greed
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 76 :: Hadith 448
Narrated Hakim bin Hizam:
I asked the Prophet (for some money) and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me and he then said, "This wealth is (like) green and sweet (fruit), and whoever takes it without greed, Allah will bless it for him, but whoever takes it with greed, Allah will not bless it for him, and he will be like the one who eats but is never satisfied. And the upper (giving) hand is better than the lower (taking) hand."

Greed is another great disease, as harmful for the life of Islam as enmity
Greed is the excess fondness of money and fortune. It is one of the bad manners that draw to various evils and sins. Greed is selfish excessive or uncontrolled desire for possession or pursuit of money, wealth, food, or other possessions, especially when this denies the same goods to others.

Next: Loving/hating for the sake of Allah

wasalam

O you who believe! Whoever of you becomes a rebel against his deen, (know that in his place) Allah will bring a people whom He loves and who love Him, humble towards the believers, harsh towards the disbelievers, striving in the way of Allah and not fearing the blame of any blamer. (Suratul Maaidah 5

next topic:EVIL

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Hadith - At-Tirmidhi, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to seek protection against the Jinn and the evil eye till surahs al-Falaq and an-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed he stuck to them and discarded everything beside them.[Transmitted by Tirmidhi.]

*May Allah swt protect us from this illness called Evil subhanallah!

Next Topic:Envy

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Envy

Asalamu alaykum

Hasad (destructive envy) means wishing that a blessing that Allaah has bestowed on the envied person be taken away. Allaah enjoined His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to seek refuge with Him from the evil of the envier when he envies. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘I seek refuge with (Allaah), the Lord of the daybreak,

2. ‘From the evil of what He has created,

3. ‘And from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; (or the moon as it sets or goes away),

4. ‘And from the evil of those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots,

5. ‘And from the evil of the envier when he envies.’”

[al-Falaq 113]

Next: Bid'ah

wasalam

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'aleykum salaam!

Narrated Jabir ibn 'Abdillah-
When Allah's Messenger delivered the sermon, his eyes became red, his voice rose, and his anger increased so that he was like one giving a warning against the enemy and saying: "The enemy has made a morning attack on you and in the evening too." He would also say: "The last Hour and I have been sent like these two," and he would join his forefinger and middle finger. He would continue: "The best speech is that embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. The most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is an error." He would add: "I am dearer to a Muslim than even his self. He who has left behind property, that is for his family, and he who dies in debt or leaves children (in helplessness), the responsibility (of paying his debt and bringing up his children) lies on me." (muslim)

Next Topic:Laziness

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Laziness

Asalamu alaykum

اَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعِجْزِ ، وَالْكَسْلِ، وَالْجُبْنِ ، وَالْهَرَمِ ، وَالْبُخْلِ ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, anxiety and sorrow, and I seek refuge in You from the torments of grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of life and death.

Muslim and Bukhari

Next: The importance of promises

wasalam

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

It was reported that the prophet saw said;
"The signs of the hypocrite are three: when he speaks he lies, when he promises he breaks his promise and when he is entrusted he betrays the trust."
(Bukhari and Muslim)

*Subhanallah! This is something we should be aware of wallahi.- How many times a day do we break promises? some of us even do it without meaning to, But, a promise is a promise and if you break it, you fit into the category of 'hypocricy' Subhanallah! Lets seek refuge agains it Insha'allah!May Allah swt keep the haraam away from us.Aameen.

Next Topic:Trust

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Trust

Asalamu alaykum

Trust In Allah:

And it was by Allah's grace that you [O Prophet] did deal gently with your followers: For if you had been harsh and hard of heart, they would indeed have broken away from you. Pardon them, then, and pray that they be forgiven. And consult them in all matters of public concern; then, when you have decided upon a course of action, place your trust in Allah: For, verily, Allah loves those who place their trust in Him. 3:159

Trusting Allah almighty is a very important factor. The Qur'an teaches us that trust in Allah can never be detached from active striving. This is a fact stated in a number of verses; it has been further explained by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) through his many statements; even as it is amply illustrated by his own practices.

Trust Concerning among People:

Verily, Allâh commands that you should render back amanah (the trusts) to those, to whom they are due; and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. (4:58)

Abdullah ibn ‘Umar –may Allah be pleased with him- said, “I heard the Messenger of
Allah –peace be upon him- say, ‘You are all custodians, and you all will be questioned
about the things under your custody. The Imam (leader) is a custodian and he shall be questioned about his custody. The man is a custodian of his family and he shall be questioned about his custody. The woman is a custodian in her husband's home and she will be questioned about her custody. The employee is a custodian of the property of his employer and he shall be questioned about his custody.' (The Sahabi said) I think he also said, ‘A person is custodian of his father's money and he shall be questioned
about his custody. You are all custodians and you all shall be questioned about your custody. (Al- Bukhari, Hadith no. 844)

It is noticed that some of us may not take the Amanah or the responsibility in the manner it should be taken, some may take it in a light manner such that it is not the centre of their attention and highest priority in their mind.
Lets all work hard to keep the things under our custody and take care of it in the best of manners.

Next: Worship

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Allah swt said,
“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (51:56)

*Allah swt created us to only worship Him subhanallah! we are accountable for and obligated to perfom all the duties ordained upon us by Him subhanahu wa ta'aala!

Next Topic: Shaytaan

Kakorot

And Satan will say when the matter is decided: "It was Allah Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with Allah. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty." (Ibraaheem, aayah 22).

Allaah warns us in many places in the Qur'aan, that the shaytaan is our plain enemy. Therefore, we should treat him as our enemy.

Shaytaan is decieving and his promises are nothing but lies.

Shaytaan takes small steps to make people commit sins, especially major sins.

Next topic: sleep

IbnAhmad

Allah SWT tells us in Surah Naba:

Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, (6) And the mountains as pegs? (7) And (have We not) created you in pairs, (8) And made your sleep for rest, (9) And made the night as a covering, (10)

*SubhanAllah. We should really ponder over how perfectly Allah SWT has created everything. Allahu Akbar!*

Next: Acceptance from Allah SWT.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

"So whoever hopes for the meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord." [18:110]

*In his tafseer of the Qur'an, Ibn Kathir said on this ayah:"these are the two conditions that ensure the acceptance of any righteous act: it must be performed for the sake of Allah alone and according to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah."

Next Topic:Bribery

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Bribery

Asalamu alaykum wr wb:SMILY259:

"And do not eat up Your property among yourselves For vanities, nor use it As bait for the judges, With intent that ye may Eat up wrongfully and knowingly A little of (other) people's property. (The Noble Quran, 2:188)"

Even though the exact term "bribe" or "bribery" (rashwa in Arabic) didn't exist 1400 years ago in the Arabic language, but this Noble Verse is sufficient enough to cover this topic.

As we clearly see from the above Noble Verse, Allah Almighty prohibited us from using our property or money (as we call it today) as a "bait" to "eat up wrongfully and knowingly" what doesn't belong to us, or what we don't deserve.

What Allah Almighty talked about in the Noble Verse above is exactly what we refer to as "bribery" today.

Next: Tayamum (dry ablution)

Wasalam:SMILY259:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'aleykum Salaam!!

In Arabic, the word Tayammum literally means an ''aim'' or ''purpose.'' In Islamic Law, it refers to: 'Aiming for or seeking soil to wipe one's face and hands with the intention of purification and preparing oneself to pray, and so on."

Related by Abu Umaamah, may Allaah be pleased with him, in which the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said: "All of the earth has been made a pure place of prayer for me and my nation. Whenever a person from my nation wants to pray, he has something with which to purify himself, that is, the earth." [Ahmad]

*Tayammum replaces ablution with water under specific circumstances in Islam.

Next Topic: Miracles

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa'aleykum Salaam!!
Next Topic: Miracles

Miracles? Well, I just read this..

“The women of this world who enter Paradise will surpass Al-Hûr Al-‘În by the deeds they did in this world."
This is a saying of Hibbân b. Abî Jablah in Ibn Al-Mubârak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ`iq Vol. 4 p463. Hibbân b. Abî Jablah is from the Tâbi’ûn. He died in 122 or 125H. And Allah knows best.

Next topic: Al-walaa' wal Baraa'

Kakorot

^ Lol, how is that a miracle sis? :-D

Al-Walaa means loyalty and Al-Baraa means disownment. In the context of Islaam al- walaa is loyalty to Allaah and whatever He is pleased with as well as friendship and closeness to the believers. Al-Baraa is freeing oneself from that which is displeasing to Allaah and dis owning the disbelievers.

Shaykhul-Islaam, Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) in his book Al-'Uboodiyyah has described the signs that Allaah Almighty has established for people who love Him as two: (1) Following the Messenger :saw2: and (2) striving in the path of Allaah (al-Jihaad fee sabeelillaah). He explained the latter sign by saying, that this is because the reality of al-Jihaad is striving to accomplish that which Allaah loves of al-Eemaan and righteous deeds, and the repulsion of that which Allaah hates of al-Kufr, al-Fusooq (to rebel against Allaah) and disobedience. He subsequently said, that the reality of loving someone is never comple except by having loyalty to the beloved one, that is, to comply with him by loving what he loves and hating what he hates. For Allaah loves al-Eemaan and at-Taqwah, and He hates al-Kufr, al-Fusooq, and disobedience.

Many of us now-a-days behave in ways that often show the weak and confused nature of our love and hate towards the adherents of Islaam and false religions. We should know that both the requirement and the concept of al-walaa and al-baraa stems from the shahaadah (testification that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah and that Muhammad :saw2: is His Messenger). It is a matter of faith and thus fundamental importance.

Next topic: Az-Zuhd

IbnAhmad

Ok so first what is Az Zuhd??

Az-Zuhd is, "The opposite of being eager and concerned about the Dunya (the life of this world)." Further, ibn Al-Qayyim said,
"Az-Zuhd, in the Arabic language, the language of Islam, entails abandoning a matter while despising it and while belittling its significance, so that one will exchange it for what is more significant."
Ibn Al-Qayyim for example said,
"I heard Shaikh Al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah say, 'Az-Zuhd entails abandoning what does not bring about benefit in the Hereafter. Al-Wara' (abandoning a part of the permissible for fear of falling into the impermissible) entails abandoning what you fear its consequences in the Hereafter.'"

And here is a Hadith precisely about Az Zuhd:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A servant says, My wealth. my wealth, but out of his wealth three things are only his: whatever he eats and makes use of or by means of which he dresses himself and it wears out or he gives as charity, and this is what he stored for himself (as a reward for the Hereafter), and what is beyond this (it is of no use to you) because you are to depart and leave it for other people. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of al-'Ala' b. 'Abd al-Rahman with the same chain of transmitters.
Muslim

Next: Ramadhan