Hadith Story to Be the wise one in this duniya

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
A King of the Buwaih Dynasty

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Three (things) accompany a dead body: members of his family, his belongings and his deeds. Two of them leave him, and only one remains with him. Indeed, his family members and his belongings leave him but his deeds remain with him.” [Bukhari]

In Shadharat adh-Dhahab it is related that one of the kings of the Buwaih Dynasty, Fakhr ad-Daulah, said: "I collected enough wealth for my children and their army to suffice them for fifteen years."

But when he died, the keys to his treasures were with his sons who ignored his funeral. Consequently, the people searched for an appropriate cover for him. They eventually bought one from the caretaker of the mosque. All the while his sons and soldiers bickered among themselves until his corpse rotted.When the disputing was over, the people had to lasso his corpse and pull it from a distance because of its horrid smell. As they pulled his corpse, it fell apart on the stairway of his castle.

Here was a king who owned a great portion of worldly life, a legacy of two million dinars, eight hundred and fifty six thousand dirhams, and a sensational amount of 14,000 pieces of jewels, gems, pearls, diamonds, and gold. This is not to mention incredible amounts of silverware, furniture, weapons and carpets.But when he died no one attended to him, with nothing to cover him except what they could scavenge from the caretaker of the mosque.

This is the reality of this life. We come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed. Only our deeds enter our graves alongside us. Indeed, the wisest person is he who prepares himself for the afterlife by obeying Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in the best of ways.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, I wonder where he was from, I looked on Google and found a few links, might be related or not, seems from Mughal India? Allahu a'lam.

It is very sad and these things do happen everyday, unfortunately. Maybe he should have raised his kids better? could have been putting his attention elsewhere and just relying on his children growing raised with servants and tutors. Can a tutor do a better job than a loving, determined parent?

May Allah give us good meaningful lives and let us pass with our loved ones full of care and love, beside us. Amin.

wasalam