Scary student, 10, allegedly jumps 30 floors to death

Chinese student, 10, allegedly jumps 30 floors to death — because teacher told him to

Jun Jun didn’t write his 1,000 character assignment, punishment for talking in class. Before dying, he had written in his textbook, ‘Teacher, I can't do it.’
BY DAVID HARDING / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2013, 10:18 AM

Print
SHARE THIS URL:
hkg9148544.jpg

AFP/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
Guards stand next to a banner with Chinese text, which translates as "Return my son! Explain to all parents and kids," displayed on the gate of a primary school by family members after their child committed suicide in Chengdu, China.

A 10-year-old Chinese schoolboy plunged 30 floors to his death after his teacher apparently told him to jump from a building.

The youngster, Jun Jun, died after failing to write a 1,000 character self-criticism essay after he had been caught talking in class.

RELATED: GIRLS COMMIT SUICIDE TO TIME TRAVEL: REPORT

When he did not complete the task, he was told by his teacher to jump out of a building, which he did.

The boy fell onto a parked car close to the building where the family live in Jinjiang, China.

hkg9148545.jpg

AFP/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
A guard stands next to the copy of a 10-year-old child's last words, which translate as "Teacher, I can't do it. I flinched several times when I tried to jump from the building."

RELATED: TRAGIC: CHINESE GIRL BEATEN, MAY HAVE COMMITTED SUICIDE OVER DRESS CODE

Following his death, found written in one of his textbooks were the words: "Teacher, I can't do it," as well as, "I flinched several times when I tried to jump from the building," the Hindustan Times newspaper reported.

A police investigation is underway following the incident, which has raised concerns about strict discipline in China's school system where deference to authority puts children under pressure to obey any orders.

Jun Jun's parents posted a banner outside the school claiming the teacher forced their boy to jump.

Given China's strict one-child only policy it is likely that he was their only sibling.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-teacher-told-article-1.1504672#ixzz2k9judtW5

SonOfAdam

Staff member
You have to be so careful with kids, they are unpredictable. The hardest yet most important thing is keeping them safe.

friend263

In india as well one of my friends brother also died by hanging himself to the ceiling fan only because he did not do his homework..

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum,

It is quite common in China to have extreme cases where young children are prone into dangerous situations such as heartbreaking accident on the road, trapped in a hole between staircases (I think I saw once in the news) and many other that are so frightening. Add with the fact that most (not all) Asians are introverts that may have low self confidence during childhood, it makes it "easier" to degrade these young innocent souls.

Hence why we should treat children with great love as they are in the process of developing and getting to know their ownselves. Discipline is necessary; not to the point it brings them down but rather it should rise them up.

I must be over-analyzing this article.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I read before that in China many people don´t stop help victims of accidents (like traffic accidents) because they afraid that by law police can blame them being guilty for that accident (because they stopped to help).

I saw some months ago a video where cars ran over a child on a road and nobody stopped to help her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Wang_Yue

:(

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Yes, I saw that one in the news too. They have CCTV almost everywhere and were able to capture moments of the accident yet not many lend a hand. I'm not really familiar about their laws but weird incidents seem to still ongoing in China. Sad, indeed.