Studying in England?

Muslimboy2222

:salam2:

For quite some time i've been gathering info about where to study in England & things aren't looking good. Inshallah im thinking of studying medicine & i was wondering if any1 could help me with things like what subjects r required?? u see im currently taking maths (calculus), chemistry & physics & inorder for one to study medicine at the university in this country it's compulsory that u take physics. So the problem is that i don't take biology & i was wondering if it's compulsory in England?? plus if u have any other useful info pls feel free to tell me

:wasalam:

Almaas

I think biology may be compulsory, but you've taken chemistry and thats a must. Although, since you've taken physics and maths you may be still allowed. It would also depend on what university you apply to.

This is what one university says (other uni's would be similar to this):

Entry Requirements

AS & A-levels Required:
Three A-level subjects are required. Of these, Chemistry or Biology is essential, plus one subject from Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics, plus one further rigorous academic subject if only two sciences are offered. If Chemistry is not taken at A-level, it must be offered at AS-Level, grade B required.

(This may not really apply to you): General Studies is not accepted as one of the three A2 level subjects. The science subjects not offered at AS/A-level are required at GCSE level, ideally at grade B or above.

Muslimboy2222

Asalam Aleikum

I don't really get u there?? cauz im not familiar with ur grading system As & A-level. pls can u clear it up for me?

Waleikum salam

Almaas

Um, it's like the qualifications you get from college.
What type of qualifications do you get in your country?

Muslimboy2222

thank you for your replies gzk1 but i did some research & alhamdulilha i've found what i've been searching for, thank you for efforts again gzk1
waleikum salam

ummrayhan

brov i have knowledge bout AS/ A- level

:salam2:
i am going college and i have general knwoledge bout medice becasue im leading my studies to become a pharmacist. In this, you need 2 deffinatly du A-level chemisry and biology. You can choses between physics and maths. but for the 1st year college you have to do AS- this can be any subject of you intrest but it is prefered if you do english.... may be because they want students to have better english :S. Wallah hu 3lam
:wasalam:

spectrum

Assalamu Alaykum

Why don't you try study in Malaysia. They have many well known colleges and universities. You can search via website and anlayse.
It is peaceful country and good environment for muslim.