sufism

naquan20

does anyone know what that sufi stuff iss all about? my friend has some family that call themselves sufi muslims. they be doin this wierd dhikr in i want to cook up some info to help out.....:astag:

GAZIJA

Staff member
does anyone know what that sufi stuff iss all about? my friend has some family that call themselves sufi muslims. they be doin this wierd dhikr in i want to cook up some info to help out.....:astag:

look up video section, I think one brother posted some videos about sufism?

AboBakr

You can find them under sufism in wikippedia

one of their main pelifes that they associate their Emam's and the household of Messenger and they think they are getting closer to Allah by this association which Allah ordered us not to do .

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
"As for myself, Allah is the One Who is my Lord and I do not associate anyone with Him.[38] " AL-KAHF – THE CAVE

" O Muhammad tell them: "Should we tell you the worst kind of losers relating to their deeds?[103] Those whose all efforts in this
worldly life had gone astray from the Right Way, but all along they were under the
delusion that they were doing good deeds;[104] they are the ones who are
disregarding the revelations of their Lord and the fact that they will meet Him for
accountability of their deeds in the Hereafter, so their deeds will become null and will
not carry any weight on the Day of Judgment.[105] "

hope that I helped you and you should advice them that the right why is just praying to Allah and only Allah and do not associate anyone with Him.
thanks..

mikepan68

This is my understanding of it:
Tasawwuf (Sufism) is a broad term. I know Sufis that follow Sharia. Sharia is exoteric(outer), Tasawwuf/Tazki is the esoteric(inner).
"Al-Ghazzali" writes that you have to learn Sharia first, and there has to be a balance.
However there are sufis that have a lot of strange/crazy ideas, some of these people aren't even Muslims.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/sufitlk.htm

Last edited: