Suggestion for the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslim-

:salam2:

I was wondering if we could have a new section to the forum, about Islam in Europe, Islam in Asia, Islam in America, Islam in Africa e.t.c.

Where we can post and read information about Islam in them countries, like how Islam is growing..

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum assalam.

I don't really like this idea... I'm sorry. I know that your intentions are good, but we are all MUSLIM. Already too many people hold themselves aloof being American Muslim, or Arab Muslim... etc.

Do we need divisions? We are One Ummah and I feel such and Idea would not only make the forum more spread out... but also breed nationalism or what not.

Just my opinion.

wassalam.

Umm3mar

Salamo Aleikom

In my opinion, if approached in a good manner, this concept could be beneficial to the site. Personally, I like the idea of showing how Islam is growing worldwide.

I understand the concern of sister Samiha.

Perhaps instead of an area for each continent or region, , maybe a monthly sticky thread all inclusive:

(an example) This month, 27 masjids constructed, 122 new shahadats, masha'allah.

The way to obtain the data could be that site members from different regions research for their area, and share the data they find. All ther data is combined.

Please consider this as a possibility.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum dear all.

Alhamdulillah, my due respect to each and everyone of you; but i think member Muslim- was misunderstood. According to my understanding, i think the brother meant to create these sections from a Historical point of view, as he mentioned:

like how Islam is growing

Sr Samiha has already mentioned that we are not doubting your intentions dear brother.

I do not believe his intentions is to cause divisions or to breed nationalism, rather i believe he is speaking from a research point. Which could be beneficial...Insha'Allah! After all, it'll show how much Islam has spread Masha'Allah....and the fact that it is the most profound religion by Allah...it'll even show the Unity of Islam through its diversity.....Allahu Akbar!

I personally think...it could be a good idea...a section known as 'Islam and its Rapid increase', 'Islam in other countries' or 'Historical Islam' etc...Allahu A'lam.

Please do not forget your comments and suggestions are very much valued Alhamdulillah....i shall discuss this with the Admin and other Mods Insha'Allah.

Barak'Allahu Fik

I leave you all in Allah's Care

Wasalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will keep your suggestion in mind.

At moment, we focus on finding best way of explaining Islamic issues to non-Muslims and to our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Having more sections is not always the best way forward. It can make parts less active. Think of the forum like a house, adding new sections which are not that necessary will simply be like adding uneccessary rooms to a house :) - Most of our users are either from the UK, USA or Europe.. and we have many people from all around the world.

I think perhaps we have just One section, where people talk about Islam in their country.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome

jazakAllahu khayr.

Wasalam.

Muslim-

Thankyou Moderators for your excellent replies! I'm sure you know how to run the forum, but it's a suggestion, which I think would add more value to this forum.

wa alaykum assalam.

I don't really like this idea... I'm sorry. I know that your intentions are good, but we are all MUSLIM. Already too many people hold themselves aloof being American Muslim, or Arab Muslim... etc.

Do we need divisions? We are One Ummah and I feel such and Idea would not only make the forum more spread out... but also breed nationalism or what not.

Just my opinion.

wassalam.

It's not about being British Muslim, or Asian Muslim. That wasn't the idea.

What I meant was a section about e.g Islam in Europe. And what people would post here would be:

Articles about Islam in the specific country, e.g. articles about how Islam is growing there e.t.c.

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum dear all.

Alhamdulillah, my due respect to each and everyone of you; but i think member Muslim- was misunderstood. According to my understanding, i think the brother meant to create these sections from a Historical point of view, as he mentioned:

Sr Samiha has already mentioned that we are not doubting your intentions dear brother.

I do not believe his intentions is to cause divisions or to breed nationalism, rather i believe he is speaking from a research point. Which could be beneficial...Insha'Allah! After all, it'll show how much Islam has spread Masha'Allah....and the fact that it is the most profound religion by Allah...it'll even show the Unity of Islam through its diversity.....Allahu Akbar!

I personally think...it could be a good idea...a section known as 'Islam and its Rapid increase', 'Islam in other countries' or 'Historical Islam' etc...Allahu A'lam.

Please do not forget your comments and suggestions are very much valued Alhamdulillah....i shall discuss this with the Admin and other Mods Insha'Allah.

Barak'Allahu Fik

I leave you all in Allah's Care

Wasalam

Yes brother you get the idea! It's about the history of Islam in that country and also the current articles.

Assalamu Alaykum,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will keep your suggestion in mind.

At moment, we focus on finding best way of explaining Islamic issues to non-Muslims and to our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Having more sections is not always the best way forward. It can make parts less active. Think of the forum like a house, adding new sections which are not that necessary will simply be like adding uneccessary rooms to a house :) - Most of our users are either from the UK, USA or Europe.. and we have many people from all around the world.

I think perhaps we have just One section, where people talk about Islam in their country.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome

jazakAllahu khayr.

Wasalam.

I agree with you brother. One section is enough. And true adding too much sections wouldn't be useful.
http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showforum=115

it's very informative. So since this forum has a lot of members, and from around the world, it would be very useful.

samiha

---------
Staff member
assalamu alaykum.

It's not about being British Muslim, or Asian Muslim. That wasn't the idea.

What I meant was a section about e.g Islam in Europe. And what people would post here would be:

Articles about Islam in the specific country, e.g. articles about how Islam is growing there e.t.c.

i understood what you meant brother, please don't take it wrong way. It's just I didnt want people to get obsessed with these things u know? I mean, I now can kind of see what you are getting at... and Inshallah if things work out then I'm all for it :p

Yes brother you get the idea!

... it's a sister...

wassalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.