Hadith Supplicating for a Brother in his absence

Seeking Peace

Assalam-o-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahee Wa Barakatuhu...

-Abu Dharr reported that Allah S.W.T's Messenger :saw: said:

“There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence) that the Angels do not say: The same be for you too.”

[USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6588
Arabic reference: Book 49, Hadith 7103]

-Umm Darda' reported:

“My husband reported that he heard Allah S.W.T's Mes-senger :saw: as saying: He who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence), the Angel commissioned (for carrying supplication to his Lord) says: Ameen, and it is for you also.”

[USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6589
Arabic reference: Book 49, Hadith 7104]

-Safwan (and he was Ibn 'Abdullah b. Safwan, and he had been married to Umm Darda') reported:

“I visited Abu Darda's house in Syria. I did not find him there but Umm Darda' (was present at the house). She said: Do you intend to perform Hajj during this year? I said: Yes. She said: Do supplicate Allah S.W.T for blessings upon us, for Allah S.W.T's Apostle () used to say: The supplication of a Muslim for his brother at his back (in his absence) is responded so long as he makes a supplication for blessings for his brother and the commissioned Angel says: Ameen, and says: May it be for you too. I went to the bazar and met Abfi Dardi' and he narrated like this from Allah's Messenger :saw:.”

[USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6590
Arabic reference: Book 40, Hadith 7105]

source: http://sunnah.com/

may Allah S.W.T guide us to His path...ameen sum ameen...

W'S..

Last edited: